Page 1 of 21

Page 1
Page   of 21
Page 2 Page 21

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Please implement a feature where newbies cannot PM unless they have 200 posts on the forum.

This is a serious issue on the Bollywood forum. 3 weeks ago, a member Desigal90 had her twitter picture stolen and distributed via PMs to various members. This MID also wrote some extremely filthy and horrifying things about Desigal on forums as well as via PM to her. Her picture too was posted on the forum. 

Yesterday and today, my personal picture was stolen from my twitter profile's DP and sent to me via PM. This MID wrote some very filthy, racist things in that PM. This MID called herself Dexianuglyhoe.  Today this MID reincarnated as "Xeta" (my old username) and posted my picture all over the forum as well as called me nasty names.

So you see... this is a serious breach of privacy, morality and ethics. Desigal90 and I were strong enough to not let this get to us. But there are young and vulnerable kids and teens on this forum. We can handle such unwarranted bullying and hatred. But what about these kids? They are not mentally strong to handle such hatred. Who's to say this freak will stop at us? She might attack more people just because she can. 

So please do something about this. This is a very serious issue and could be a very traumatizing experience. She has attacked two people this way so far. Who knows how many more there are left for her to spew her venom on. This is completely atrocious. 

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel--Swetha-LemonyOmnipotent_TacoDeviatedTesoro.boredsoulcs-07Sheldon_BazingaGujarkhoslakadhokla--MimiGupta---Nakshatra-mr.assanon.Kal ElOmnipotence-Chandramukhi-BheegiBasantiKai.YusBeemysticgoryfilms.DontKnow.shibzbaz786Nkapoor3Preet.KcWhipCreamPantieThe-Voice-Eris-snowflake.desigal90Rajinilicious..RamKiJanaki..Rafid.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Newbies shouldn't be allowed to PM! Check pg 16" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocobear

IF-Rockerz

chocobear

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Yes not allowing a member to create new ID's with the same IP address. If a member has an account already he/she should not be allowed to create another ID. A member can create a new ID only after taking self ban.

Newbies should not be allowed to post pictures or videos. Neither can they put up pictures in their siggy/avi box.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Omnipotent_Tacocs-07boredsoulOmnipotencemysticgoryfilms.DontKnow.The-VoiceDexterkilaila-Eris-

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocobear

Yes not allowing a member to create new ID's with the same IP address. If a member has an account already he/she should not be allowed to create another ID. A member can create a new ID only after taking self ban.

Newbies should not be allowed to post pictures or videos. Neither can they put up pictures in their siggy/avi box.

That is an excellent suggestion. Yes I second this too. Please take away this privilege from newbies.  They should definitely not be allowed to post pictures or videos. Make them work for this privilege. Since it is so easy to make new IDs and post, such incidents have been on the rise. The main priority of any site should be to protect its members not leave behind loopholes that can be manipulated. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Omnipotent_Tacocs-07boredsoulchocobear--MimiGupta---Chandramukhi-mysticgoryfilms.DontKnow.-Eris-

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Hey!
Please report the MID to the bollywood forum Developmwent Team. I am sure they will help :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-.DontKnow.Dexterkilaila

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Stutz-

Hey!
Please report the MID to the bollywood forum Developmwent Team. I am sure they will help :)

Already did that and the MIDs are banned. But that is not the point. This is an ongoing problem. Its been happening on the bollywood forum since 2007.  Before, only nasty PMs were sent out now even pictures are being sent out. Even the moderators there are fed up and want Vijay to do something about this. 

Instead of repeated bans, why not just close the means by which these freaks operate?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Omnipotent_Taco.DontKnow.mysticgoryfilms-Eris-

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Hey Dex,
i agree about the newbies. Recently we had suggested to Vijay to restrict the newbies access like reducing their post per day, and I think newbies cant post hyperlinks before they reach 25 post but it will be good to remove their access to post pictures and links until they reach certain post or laddergroup.

About bolly members personal pictures being leaked here, I am sure its someone very close to the members who are posting the pictures since others will not be able to know the real name and ID unless members themself have shared personal information here. Thats why, one should be careful with sensitive information and do not trust everyone.

I will inform Vijay so he can consider the suggestions:)

Edited by Aahaana - 26 July 2012 at 7:41am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

evangelinelily-Swetha-ANNMTIshan.DeviatedTesoro.christiandior.Gujaranon.mysticgoryfilms.DontKnow.Mitu_Dexterkilaila-Eris-snowflake.

iMini

IF-Sizzlerz

iMini

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
not allowing to post pics is the best solution.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Omnipotent_Taco.DontKnow.Dexterkilaila

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Banning doesnt work with this freak because he/she/it has obviously found a way of getting around a ban by making new IDs and getting over the IP problem.

True that Dex and I didnt let it get to us, but when a new member joins india forums and is sent a hate PM for the first time, it is VERY disturbing. I still remember my first one.

So yes, I definitely think that newbies should be RESTRICTING from sending PMs except maybe to the mods. 
And its time that IF takes strict action because since 2007, there hasnt been any improvement. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMTOmnipotent_TacoGujar-Nakshatra-Dexterkilailamysticgoryfilms.DontKnow.-Eris-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top