Other Shows

Sarrkar - Indira Gandhi story?

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Tonight Priamvada of Zee's Sarrkkar undergoes a sea-change. Taking the plunge into active politics, she will now start looking similar to India's iron lady, Indira Gandhi.

In a chat with Vickey Lalwani, Divya talks about her sabbatical, comeback and future plans:

Divya Seth: Making a comeback

How was your look in Sarrkkar decided?

We tried to figure out a look. Initially, I was given a high collared blouse. It wasn't looking good. I asked for round necks and long sleeves.

You look just like Mrs Gandhi.

Yeah. But the similarities just happened. There was never any intentional move to bring that out. I guess the fact that I have two sons in the serial adds to the feeling.

Still?

(Laughs) I know what you mean. But see, surely you can't expect a politician to wear non-Indian dresses and sport long hair.

Why not long hair?

Does a busy politician have the time to maintain long hair?

Plus the fact that one of your sons is not inclined towards politics?
That's the drama. Television is all about drama, isn't it?

So you deny...

(interrupts) I would be foolish to deny that my portrayal has no similarities to Mrs Gandhi's life. But I repeat, it's purely
incidental.

You were facing the camera after a long time. How did it feel?

Not really. Manish knows I am a disciplined actress. And I have high regards for his professionalism. The comeback was pretty smooth.

You live in Pune. Is travelling to the shoots difficult?

Yes, I live in Pune. But it takes me only one-and-half hour in car to reach the set in Powai. In fact, it takes me longer to reach Powai from my husband's bungalow in Juhu!

Will you be doing more shows?

I can't shoot for more than 12 days in a month. I still want to spend time with my daughter and husband. Sarrkkar gives me that liberty. I wouldn't mind doing a few one-off appearances, though. There have been some film offers but nothing worthy of my time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks so much for the info bluepink!
btw...did u like the update?
thanks!
anjali.nair thumbnail
The update is great. We still don't get the show here.
Manasi_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Priyamvada as Indira Gndhi is ok...i don't mind. BUT I hope they don't make our sweetoo into a Rajiv Gandhi clone😕 his character will obviously have similarities...like Rajiv was handsome, so is our sweetoo...he had a tremendous presence, dynamic personality...same is the case with sweetoo. But I hope they don't show him messing up the entire treasury of the nation like Rajiv did. Sorry if i have offended any congress supporter but i'm a pucca BJP supporter😆