Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Umera Ahmed FC (3) (Page 6)

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

BK's acting is definitely point on. In fact, it's PERFECT...her mannerisms, her intonation, way of speaking, gesturing, even clothes...they're all are inch perfectly Sikh. I know an Aunty who speaks just like her and it's so fun for me to watch the show and hear that similarity down to even inflection in the tone and words LOL

exactly you've summed it up very well..
my grand mother also used to speak like that .. She was from Amritsar .. 
no one else other than BA could have fit in the role so perfectly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Interesting...do you ppl realize how difficult is for a non-Punjabi to get more than just a gist of BK's dialogues because of the kind of thet Punjabi she speaks? Aur itni speed mein bolti hai keh dimag ghoom jata hai.

But I'd agree with Usman...it's one of the better shows on TV right now...not that I watch it sahi se...mostly chalte phirte. A tighter pace and script could have done wonders for this show.
kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Mash, I read some discussion on people demanding subtitles for BK's punjabi back when the show started LOL There was even speculation as to whether the show won't do so well, or that did they not forsee this difficulty to grasp the dialogues when they were filming the show. It seems over time that people have gotten used to it...
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
There should be subtitles for her dialogues Fatty...it's very difficult for us to understand her dialogues. After watching every BK scene, hum yahan aik doosre ko us ke dialogues hi translate karte reh jaate hain. 
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
@mash... i think the pace is quite good the only track they dragged was of Anjuman-Faraaz wedding.. and thankfully they are done with this now.. 
kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
I am in love with Rachael and Zoe's background vocals on Dholna and Mahi...
howzzat IF-Sizzlerz
howzzat
howzzat

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
@make-believe: I am enjoying Bilqees Kaur much these days! Its my most fave play at the moment... and the Punjabi is so funny especially BK's character and the way she tries to save money in her taxes, dhaba etc is hilarious.. The story is interesting coz Soha has equal ki takkar with BK.. 

what parts about Mahi and Dholna are you talking about?
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Usman...hmm...you may know about the pace better than me...Main toh waise bhi chalte phirte hi dekh pati hoon...

I wonder if Pakeeza will come out in markets by 17th or 18th this month...warna phir Eid ke baad hi ayegi...hmmm...

Fatty...How was the last week's Suits episode? I read confusing reviewsLOL With Ramzan, load shedding and my crazy slow internet speed these days...I haven't even got the chance to download it yet. Ah, I can't wait for the Eid holidays to begin...

Go to top