Celebrity Fan Clubs

Umera Ahmed FC (3) (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 54

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:14am | IP Logged
i watched Mera Yaqeen too after reading good things about it here. Bus theek tha. I didn't find it very interesting...and I see where this is going. The actors are good, of course...but no one's doing anything exceptional or something they haven't done before. I have seen SN in a similar role before as well...NB has done such roles a bit too many times for me to take much notice. Aur FQ toh waise bhi fits every role perfectly. It's something that I'll catch on n off I guess.

On another note...I happen to catch some parts of SeZ's first 4 epis while my sisters were catching up on it online. It's the worst UA adaption...worse than Amar Bail even in some ways...and I'm saying this not only because of Mahira...the flaw in SeZ here first and foremost lies in the writing. UA has never disappointed me THIS much.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed FC (3) (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:50am | IP Logged
^^ I couldnt sit thru the 1st episode of Amar Bail at all... 

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Usman, I see glimpses here and there of Bilqees(?) Kaur when my mom watches it...Anjuman's marriage has been going on for the longest time and I don't know if it finally happened this week but it's reallly been going on for forever and ever and ever LOL Syra looks very, very sweet in this role...it seems to fit her personality and breadth of acting prowess perfectly LOL Other than that...nothing much to the show...Sultan is always doing something with his moo-pholaoed, BK is tantruming or worrying, Mumtaz's evil husband is threatening, threatening and threatening... Not a great script.

Usman.

IF-Sizzlerz

Usman.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by howzzat

^^ I couldnt sit thru the 1st episode of Amar Bail at all... 

amar bail is my favorite novel.. and believe me i gave it up after watching first five minutes of its dramatization.. it was pathetic to say the least

Usman.

IF-Sizzlerz

Usman.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Usman, I see glimpses here and there of Bilqees(?) Kaur when my mom watches it...Anjuman's marriage has been going on for the longest time and I don't know if it finally happened this week but it's reallly been going on for forever and ever and ever LOL Syra looks very, very sweet in this role...it seems to fit her personality and breadth of acting prowess perfectly LOL Other than that...nothing much to the show...Sultan is always doing something with his moo-pholaoed, BK is tantruming or worrying, Mumtaz's evil husband is threatening, threatening and threatening... Not a great script.
hmm i disagree... i feel this is one of the better shows on air.. infact this is the only serial which i kind of wait for to air..
though, i agree about Anjuman's wedding.. this track and Sultan himself are the sore points of the serial.. other than that i quite like it.. and Kashif & Sadia Imam.. they are so good in it.. i remember watching them a decade back on PTV they used to be so good.. and they kind of wasted their talent in those forgettable shows they did in between.. and now this is kind of comeback for them...

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Usman.

hmm i disagree... i feel this is one of the better shows on air.. infact this is the only serial which i kind of wait for to air..
though, i agree about Anjuman's wedding.. this track and Sultan himself are the sore points of the serial.. other than that i quite like it.. and Kashif & Sadia Imam.. they are so good in it.. i remember watching them a decade back on PTV they used to be so good.. and they kind of wasted their talent in those forgettable shows they did in between.. and now this is kind of comeback for them...

howzzat and I were discussing the show back around the first episode aired, I think...and it's more of me finding the story as bogged down rather than it actually being that way. As I had said then, living in the 'west'...even though these are all very, very real problems that people do face here in the upbringing of their children, there comes a point where you've already heard/seen too much of it around to feel like seeing it explored in detail like this. Sort of a been there, done that thing...which is on me of course, not the show. And the show itself, I think the production values are great, even though the acting (being full out punjabi) is iffy for some of them like Farhan Ali Agha, Sadia Imaam, Khalid Ahmed, etc. 

Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 06 August 2012 at 12:30pm

Usman.

IF-Sizzlerz

Usman.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabeeraspeaking

Originally posted by Usman.

howzzat and I were discussing the show back around the first episode aired, I think...and it's more of me finding the story as bogged down rather than it actually being that way. As I had said then, living in the 'west'...even though these are all very, very real problems that people do face here in the upbringing of their children, there comes a point where you've already heard/seen too much of it around to feel like seeing it explored in detail like this. Sort of a been there, done that thing...which is on me of course, not the show. And the show itself, I think the production values are great, even though the acting (being full out punjabi) is iffy for some of them like Farhan Ali Agha, Sadia Imaam, Khalid Ahmed, etc. 

and i'm loving the punjabi dialogues and the whole punjabi environment shown in the serial.. being a punjabi myself, i know what they are showing is not fake\unreal
and the dialogue writer should really be appreciated.. dialogues are too good
as for Bushra Ansari.. one can say that she is playing a character similar to Saima choudhry on the basis of punjabi background.. but when you watch the show.. there is a vast difference between the both characters

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
BK's acting is definitely point on. In fact, it's PERFECT...her mannerisms, her intonation, way of speaking, gesturing, even clothes...they're all are inch perfectly Sikh. I know an Aunty who speaks just like her and it's so fun for me to watch the show and hear that similarity down to even inflection in the tone and words LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Usman.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top