Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:24am | IP Logged

Indian cinema turned 100 on April 21, 2012. In a country where over 1,000 films are made every year, in several languages, when we celebrate a century of filmmaking excellence, how do we define Indian cinema?

A hundred years ago Dada Saheb Phalke made a movie about a king who never lied. His first production 'Raja Harishchandra' was screened at Coronation Cinema in Mumbai on 3 May 1913 marking the beginning of Indian cinema. Regarded as the father of the Indian cinema, Phalke went on to make several silent films but became the first casualty when the silent era passed.

'Alam Ara' debuted at Majestic Cinema in Mumbai on 14 March 1931, a love story between a gypsy and a prince, starring Zubeida, Master Vettal as well as Prithvi Raj Kapoor. It was so popular that police had to be called in to control the crowd. Ironically the first talkie now lies silent as its print perished in a fire in National archive in 2003. 

The talkies changed the face of Indian cinema. Apart from looks, the actors not only needed a commanding voice but also singing skills, as music became a defining element in Indian cinema.

Mainstream Hindi cinema is the closest we have to a truly national cinema because it has traditionally addressed people across the length and breadth of the country. It has kept its language simple and a Hindi vocabulary of a dozen words is enough to understand any Hindi film. Hindi cinema became a national cinema several years before Independence. 

Romantic melodrama - or, in India cinemaesque-speak, masala entertainment - remains the staple of Indian cinema across the 15 or more regional language movie industries across the country. However, in the 21st century, things have changed. Bollywood, India's most widely watched Hindi moviedom, is changing its plot. 

This is the DOTW. Lets discuss our Cinema Big smile The beautiful century of films , of dreams Heart

Edited by shubhika124 - 24 July 2012 at 11:23am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

pal_maan-enchanted-Awari_Maanmaneet_forever9DMKJ_VBAnushaGKAbby-GC-Crazyana5649erFangcluv-Mrs.MSK--Thabassum-..RamKiJanaki....CountingStarsgafulu14

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW : 100 years of Indian Film Industry" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..CountingStars

IF-Stunnerz

..CountingStars

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Music...Music...& Music Heart
Edit
For me, the Indian film industry is 'Music'
Films May Flop but the songs save their Izzat LOL
I have seen films that were made way back in the days. Movies in the -50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s! All LOL 

Music changed, faces changed, everything changed as time went by. I personally feel olden days were the best. Not that I'm dissing today's films/Music or anything, but Music was the best back then Embarrassed ...It's Theek Thaak at the moment LOL
Err...Yeah Can't think of anything else...

Edit again

Talking about movies.
Personal Favourites are SRK - Salman & Akki Movies Big smile LOL
 Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, DDLJ, KUch Kuch hota Hai, Maine Pyaar Kiya, Karan Arjun, Hum Aapke hain koun, Mohra, Khiladi Set, Kal Ho Na Ho...*Goes on and on and on and on*

Aside that, movies of Legends; never failed to impress..
Movies like Sholay with Amitabh Bachan and Dharmendra
Those were the days Ahhh *Thinks back at the number of times Sholay played on the TV*
I wonder where Dhanno is LOL

Gah Am just gonna blabber on and on! I'll stop now

Sadiie x

Edited by ..Sadiie.. - 24 July 2012 at 12:02pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

NivRen_1Awari_Maanmaneet_forever9ana56shubhika124gcluv-Thabassum--Mrs.MSK-

Abby-GC-Crazy

IF-Sizzlerz

Abby-GC-Crazy

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
aahh..
Cinema for me truly means MUSIC... Embarrassed Heart
m nt at all a movie freak... LOL
but m sure a huge huge Music freak... Embarrassed
so yea...
its ol MUSIC for me... Heart

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

maneet_forever9ana56shubhika124gcluv-Thabassum-

49erFan

IF-Sizzlerz

49erFan

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Cinema and Music go hand in hand for me!~

Music is my passion :)  Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maneet_forever9ana56shubhika124gcluv

maneet_forever9

IF-Rockerz

maneet_forever9

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 49erFan

Cinema and Music go hand in hand for me!~

Music is my passion :)  Embarrassed

AGREED! for me Cinema and Music go hand in handSmile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

49erFanana56gcluv-Thabassum-

ana56

IF-Sizzlerz

ana56

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
for me hindi cinema means romantic movies,melodious songs
and SHAHRUKH KHAN

hindi cinema means shahrukh khan for me
love u shahrukh

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Thabassum-..CountingStars-Mrs.MSK-

..CountingStars

IF-Stunnerz

..CountingStars

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ana56

for me hindi cinema means romantic movies,melodious songs
and SHAHRUKH KHAN

hindi cinema means shahrukh khan for me
love u shahrukh

@Bold
Your Siggie is enough to tell me that LOL

ana56-Thabassum--Mrs.MSK-

-Zahra15-

IF-Rockerz

-Zahra15-

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 12:19am | IP Logged
SRK SRK and SRKBlushing

But then as Sadiie said...Old is gold...hehe...LOL

the movies in the previous eras were better but that doest mean we do not have good movies now. How is it possible when SRK is here...hehe..Embarrassed.I have not missed a single movie of his till now...even watched Raju ban gaya gentleman for him though I didnt like it...hihihi...ROFL

DDLJ, DTPH, K3G, KHNH, KANK, MNIK, KKHH, mohabatein, Baazigar, darr, Anjaam, Deeewana, Ramjaane, Karan Arjun, Chalte Chalte, Veer Zara, Dilse, Main hoon na and the list goes on and on...Tongue

Then Hum saath saaath hain, Hum aapke hain kaun, Maine pyaar kiya, Vivaah, Dhadkan, Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste, Hum dil de chuke Sanam, Baghban and many others, the names of which cannot come to my mind right now because there are mnay were nothing less but Puuurrrfect...hihihi...Thumbs UpLOL

like Salman's movie as well...though am not that a fan of his...Tongue

ummm...Kajol...one of the best actress...love all her films with SRK...and in Fanaa she was awesome...Tongue

Musiccc...I love Indian songs as well...except those we have these days are not really good except for some...

Sadiiee remember Masha Allah..LOL.. :)))) I like this one currently...

I like old movies as well...Seeta aur Geeta, Sholay, Satte pe satta, Khalnayak, Qurbaani, Dharmatma, Qayamat se qayamat tak, Chaalbaaz,  and the list goes on and on...Cool

gururockssana56-Mrs.MSK-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.