To dad with love----Vikas Bhalla

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anishma24

IF-Sizzlerz

anishma24

Posted: 19 June 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged
To dad with love

For our small screen dads, sons and daughters, Father's Day is a really special occasion to express their love for their fathers. Gauri Kohli talks to some actors on TV about their plans to celebrate

Today is Father's Day and like every other son or daughter, our TV stars too are celebrating in their own sweet ways. Some are playing a double role, that of father and son. Here's what they had to say about this day.

For Manish Goel, Tilak from Bhabhi, fatherhood has a special meaning. When my son Aryan was born it gave me and my father immense joy. After becoming a father myself, I now view the world from a different perspective altogether".

Ditto for Vikas Bhalla aka Arjun from Shanno Ki Shaadi. "For me everyday is a Father's or Mother's Day. Being a son to my dad, and a dad to my child I balance both. I don't believe in days like this to express one's love for their parent. Fatherhood is all about love for selfless love for your child. I usually go out with my family on this day," he says.

As they say, daughters are always closer to their fathers as compared to sons. But what do the darling daughters feel about their dads. "I make my father feel special on this day. I buy gifts for my father and also take him out shopping or for dinner," says Niyati Joshi of Suno Har Dil Kuchh Kehta Hai.

But for Reena 'Rani' Kapoor, her love for her father is not restricted to a particular day. "My father means the world to me. I don't measure his love for me in days. I try to make them feel special each day."

There are also some who don't do much to celebrate. Hiten Tejwani better known as Karan from Kyunkii.. for instance is one from the lot. "I have never really celebrated Father's Day in my childhood. My father was very strict whereas studies were concerned. He would make me sit and do my homework every evening. But I used to respect him a lot. Every year I buy my father lots of gifts such as shirts, pens etc and he cherishes even the smallest thing that I have brought for him. I have not planned anything special for this Father's Day. I will decide it at the spur of the moment and make the day special."

Our very own handsome hunk Iqbal Khan was not too much into celebrating this day until a few years ago. "I never knew Father's Day existed till I went to college. I feel my father has always made it a point to give me everything that I have asked for but he never gave it to me easily, he has always made me work hard for it. I plan to but my father a car very soon. I speak to my father everyday first thing in the morning," he says.

Just like the other father-son duos on the silver screen, there's one on the telly tube too. Anil and Siddharth Dhawan who share the screen in Suno Har Dil Kuchh Kehta Hai, both share a great relationship on-screen as well as off-screen. Says son Siddharth: "My father has been my best friend and the best guide. We get to spend more time with each other now a days as we are working together. I'm getting to know him better professionally and learning a lot of things from him."

It seems our telly stars will leave no stone unturned to be the prefect fathers, sons and daughters.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "To dad with love----Vikas Bhalla" in Shanno Ki Shaadi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 24 June 2006 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
tfs

lachi

IF-Dazzler

lachi

Posted: 17 July 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
thanks

~*Neha*~

IF-Rockerz