Mythological Masti

New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 15

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:22am | IP Logged
New promos of Ramayan:

The sets look VERY similar to AS Ramayan. I'm like 99% certain that this Ramayan is being filmed in Baroda at Sagar film city. So far I dont' see what's different from Imagine's Ramayan, the promos look similar too, just with different actors.Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.anishaa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 7)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Some comments on that article were funny and am finding similar one here. Not accept anyone other than Gurmeet-Debina as Lord Ram-Sita? Really? Gurmeet Debina dont own the the roles. They played the characters of Lord Ram-Sita just as others have enough right to if they do justice. To me, the bestest were Arun ji and Deepika ji and no1 beats them by miles but just bcoz of that I wont say I have accepted them as Ram-Sita. How dumb is that comment.
Anyways, looking forward to this one. Hope its better than the NDTV one.

.Vrish.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

Some comments on that article were funny and am finding similar one here. Not accept anyone other than Gurmeet-Debina as Lord Ram-Sita? Really? Gurmeet Debina dont own the the roles. They played the characters of Lord Ram-Sita just as others have enough right to if they do justice. To me, the bestest were Arun ji and Deepika ji and no1 beats them by miles but just bcoz of that I wont say I have accepted them as Ram-Sita. How dumb is that comment.
Anyways, looking forward to this one. Hope its better than the NDTV one.

It's a result of people's frustrations Anku. Between the Imagine one and older Ramayan. there was a 22 year gap so it made sense to take another Ramayan that connected more with today's generation, but it's hardly been 5 years since Imagine one ended. Don't you think another Ramayan is unnecessary? People are angry that the Sagars are making a mockery of the epic by using it as a means to make money, especially since both RSR and ASR have so many fans, some who love both a lot, so people are satisfied. Zee's Ramayan is nothing more than a money-making device, everyone knows that.

As for the NDTV one, I liked it a lot despite its faults, but I doubt the new Ramayan will be much different, so fans of NDTV's will not be much impressed by Zee's Ramayan, because in terms of technology and sets, the sets are same as Imagine's and really, how much has technology changed since 2008?Confused I would approve of this Ramayan if it came 15-20 years but that's not the case, so I don't support it.

Anyway, this Ramayan's fans will mainly be the ones who did not like either RSR or ASR, and fans of the actors from their previous shows. I doubt it'll get much newer fans.

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
No, I don't ever think that it's useless to make a mytho series. No matter how times it has been made. As for fans, it's not necessary that it wont gain new fans. It doesnt matter if Imagine's fans old Ramayana's fans don't watch it which also I cant say for 100% cause I don't know these 1000s of fans personally. IF doesnt constitute all the ppl in India. Plus, people who are saying they wont watch are more of Gurmeet fans rather than Ramayana fans. Ends the story right there.
Correct story is hardly the recipe/formula for making a mytho series hit in today's time Jaanu. If that was the case, LO's Mahadev show wouldn't be such a massive hit. And I am not going to judge the new Ramayana yet and call it money-making device etc. I want to see it first and then decide. Although, I do not prefer mytho shows being made at all these days cause ppl hardly research but if there is one being made then I want to see then judge.
And anyways, my comment wasn't even at the new Ramayana as much as it was at being aghast how people can say that they have accept GurMina as Ram-Sita. Like W*Fish much? GurMina just played the ROLES. They're not Ram Sita. That angered me a lot. And GurMina come nowhere close to Arun-Deepika ji yet they were accepted so new ones should be given a chance as well. It's that simple.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:31pm | IP Logged

No, I don't ever think that it's useless to make a mytho series. No matter how times it has been made. I'm not saying it's useless Anku, as even I love watching mythos than any other shows if they're good, but when it comes to the same epic, it gets repetitive seeing it onscreen just with different actors. Plus, I believe that if Ramayan ever came from a different production house, they have full right to make it but coming from the same production house as Sagars, it most definitely is a money making device. The Sagars have two Ramaysn which became a hit, so they don't need another one. They have one for the older generation and one for newer generation, so tell me what purpose is this new Ramayan going to serve? They lost money because of DBSK, so they're doing Ramayan to gain it back. As for fans, it's not necessary that it wont gain new fans. It doesnt matter if Imagine's fans old Ramayana's fans don't watch it which also I cant say for 100% cause I don't know these 1000s of fans personally. IF doesnt constitute all the ppl in India. Plus, people who are saying they wont watch are more of Gurmeet fans rather than Ramayana fans. Ends the story right there. Not necessarily. Some fans won't watch because they're satisfied with what's already been made, and that's because of their love for the epic, not just the actors. If people don't watch it, they're justified because just because we're fans of Ramayan doesn't mean we have to watch every single depiction made on it.
Correct story is hardly the recipe/formula for making a mytho series hit in today's time Jaanu. If that was the case, LO's Mahadev show wouldn't be such a massive hit. I don't necessarily agree with it, because complete fictional stories like Mahavir Hanuman, Dwarkadheesh, and Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali have not become hits. People do need the correct story even if it has taken some liberties. The reason ASR, JSK, and Mahadev have become hits is that while they have taken creative liberties in some parts, majority of what they showed is still the true story. Compare that with other mythos which have become total flops. The flops had 5% truth and 95% fiction, and viewers don't want that. Moreover, Mahadev isn't such a bad show now. Yes they took some creative liberties during the Sati phase, but Parvathi phase is being shown more accurate so as you can expect, TRPs have shot up from before. And I am not going to judge the new Ramayana yet and call it money-making device etc. I want to see it first and then decide. I'm not going to judge the new Ramayan without seeing it either. I have nothing against the new Ramayan and may see it if I have time, but I am going to judge the Sagars by what I've understood about them. They're money hungry people, you can't deny that. Anyway, like many others I'm satisfied with RSR and ASR because one was RCM-oriented and one Valmiki-oriented, but if this new Ramayan teaches me something new which neither of the previous ones has covered, then I will be happy. Although, I do not prefer mytho shows being made at all these days cause ppl hardly research but if there is one being made then I want to see then judge.
And anyways, my comment wasn't even at the new Ramayana as much as it was at being aghast how people can say that they have accept GurMina as Ram-Sita. Like W*Fish much? GurMina just played the ROLES. They're not Ram Sita. That angered me a lot. And GurMina come nowhere close to Arun-Deepika ji yet they were accepted so new ones should be given a chance as well. It's that simple. I love both Arun-Deepika and Gurmina as Ram-Sita, but if one prefers one over the other I don't think we have the right to dispute it. Actually, I don't think either couple has done 100% justice to the couple because they are Gods and no one can portray the Gods realistically. Anyway, I don't think any of the commenters in that article have "accepted" Gurmina as Ram-Sita. Everyone knows they're actors, and most people who commented there are Geet and Punar Vivah fans who are commenting just for the sake of bringing Gurmeet's ranking up. They don't really care about the new Ramayan, and neither have they accepted him as Ramji. No one is that stupid to accept actors as Gods, but sometimes their comments may seem like that because they're obssesed with the actors themselves.

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I'm not saying it's useless Anku, as even I love watching mythos than any other shows if they're good, but when it comes to the same epic, it gets repetitive seeing it onscreen just with different actors. It's your personal opinion. Mine is different. And I don't feel that way at all. Plus, I believe that if Ramayan ever came from a different production house, they have full right to make it but coming from the same production house as Sagars, it most definitely is a money making device. But most ppl here are saying its going to flop so how can it make money? The Sagars have two Ramaysn which became a hit, so they don't need another one. They have one for the older generation and one for newer generation, so tell me what purpose is this new Ramayan going to serve? A mytho show isnt made for older or newer generation. It's made for mytho fans, religious ppl. And there are still plenty religious ppl left in India who would watch it. They lost money because of DBSK, so they're doing Ramayan to gain it back. Like I said, if ppl already decided its going to be flop then how is it money making process.

As for fans, it's not necessary that it wont gain new fans. It doesnt matter if Imagine's fans old Ramayana's fans don't watch it which also I cant say for 100% cause I don't know these 1000s of fans personally. IF doesnt constitute all the ppl in India. Plus, people who are saying they wont watch are more of Gurmeet fans rather than Ramayana fans. Ends the story right there. Not necessarily. Some fans won't watch because they're satisfied with what's already been made, and that's because of their love for the epic, not just the actors. If people don't watch it, they're justified because just because we're fans of Ramayan doesn't mean we have to watch every single depiction made on it. Not necessarily BUT still, it IS true. There's lots of comments I have read which clearly show that its Gurmeet fans saying it and not fans of the show or epic.

Correct story is hardly the recipe/formula for making a mytho series hit in today's time Jaanu. If that was the case, LO's Mahadev show wouldn't be such a massive hit. I don't necessarily agree with it, because complete fictional stories like Mahavir Hanuman, Dwarkadheesh, and Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali have not become hits. Again, you said "not necessarily" which does mean that it does hold truth. People do need the correct story even if it has taken some liberties. I don't see any place for taking liberties in mytho shows. The reason ASR, JSK, and Mahadev have become hits is that while they have taken creative liberties in some parts, majority of what they showed is still the true story. Compare that with other mythos which have become total flops. The flops had 5% truth and 95% fiction, and viewers don't want that.
Absolutely disagree with JSK and Mahadev show. They're running high on false stories and I wish Mahadev one would close down.
Moreover, Mahadev isn't such a bad show now. Yes they took some creative liberties during the Sati phase Not some but totally. It is a bad show for me even if not for you. but Parvathi phase is being shown more accurate so as you can expect, TRPs have shot up from before. It's trps were high even before. And I hve stopped watching it so I do not know whats being shown and clearly I don't even want to. I have heard the person from whom they've taken inspiration and he sounds lame.
 I'm not going to judge the new Ramayan without seeing it either. I have nothing against the new Ramayan and may see it if I have time, but I am going to judge the Sagars by what I've understood about them. They're money hungry people, you can't deny that. I watch a mytho show bcoz I am a religious person. I am a huge huge devotee. Idc whose making it as long as its made well. Anyway, like many others I'm satisfied with RSR and ASR because one was RCM-oriented and one Valmiki-oriented, but if this new Ramayan teaches me something new which neither of the previous ones has covered, then I will be happy. Although, I do not prefer mytho shows being made at all these days cause ppl hardly research but if there is one being made then I want to see then judge.
And anyways, my comment wasn't even at the new Ramayana as much as it was at being aghast how people can say that they have accept GurMina as Ram-Sita. Like W*Fish much? GurMina just played the ROLES. They're not Ram Sita. That angered me a lot. And GurMina come nowhere close to Arun-Deepika ji yet they were accepted so new ones should be given a chance as well. It's that simple. I love both Arun-Deepika and Gurmina as Ram-Sita, but if one prefers one over the other I don't think we have the right to dispute it. Who said I am disputing it? Actually, I don't think either couple has done 100% justice to the couple because they are Gods and no one can portray the Gods realistically. Nowhere did I mention this either. Anyway, I don't think any of the commenters in that article have "accepted" Gurmina as Ram-Sita.
They have. Clearly its been said. Everyone knows they're actors, and most people who commented there are Geet and Punar Vivah fans who are commenting just for the sake of bringing Gurmeet's ranking up.They don't really care about the new Ramayan, and neither have they accepted him as Ramji. No one is that stupid to accept actors as Gods, but sometimes their comments may seem like that because they're obssesed with the actors themselves. It doesnt matter if they're Gurmeet fans cuz of Geet or Punar vivah fans, they're clearly delusional when they say they have accepted Gurmeet as Ram. And YES, that IS the words that were used. Lame obession I must say. And equally stupid as well. They shouldn't even be posting lines like those. Highly dumb IMO. And very very irritating.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
The actors don't really matter to me as I feel like anybody can do justice to the role if given a chance and if they work hard (well they do have to be somewhat good looking..come on, it's Ram and Sita. I think both Gurmina/Arun-Deeps worked really well so far though I'm more partial to ArunDeeps)..but not so sure that I want to see another Ramayan because I'm very wary of the way mythos are made these days. But will just have to wait and see. If the actors are really good than I don't mind watching and enjoying it at all but that is just my opinion. I don't think people should judge it so harshly before it even airs.

Edited by aishi.muffin - 10 August 2012 at 2:10pm

anku-

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Aishiii, your Shivji DP reminds me I visited Somanth ji this yearrr. While visiting Dwarka ji 2nd timee.. and OMG. The shivlingas I saw theree.. WERE DIVINE. They were in the sea you knowww? and they're SO deep bcoz the waves were coming SOOO fast and they werent moving AT ALL. That place is from where Jara had left the last arrow which hit Krishna ji's feet. And I also saw 2 other ShivLingas!!!!

cityoflights

Post Reply New Post

Go to top