Mythological Masti

New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 15

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

A south indian channel once took a serial called Devi Bhagawatham but it was cut short in the middle because of low ratings. A serial like that would be interesting.

What stories did they show there?

They showed all the devtas creating Devi Durga to kill Mahishasur, and they also showed the story of Kacha becoming a student of Shukracharya, being cursed by Devayani, Devayani's marriage to Yayati, and then Yayati being cursed by Shukracharya.

The last episode before the show was cut was Mahadev and Sati's wedding. There were other stories too but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kal ElThe.Patthaaka.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 4)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Thanks. Not a bad bunch of stories but what an ominous end to the show. I mean Sati's wedding is a happy moment but we all know what happened afterward. 

Edited by Kal El - 27 July 2012 at 9:45pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Thanks. Not a bad bunch of stories but what an ominous end to the show. I mean Sati's wedding is a happy moment but we all know what happened afterward. 

I know, I was so eager to watch after Sati's wedding but the show never did come again. At first I did not understand why, as it was not advertised anywhere that it was going to end, but I found out much later that ratings were so poor that they had to cut it. I don't get why the ratings were so poor, as the show was pretty interesting with good actors. It was a weekly one too, coming every Sunday, so they could have managed it I think, but viewers' interest was not kept.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kal El

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Lalitha, do you remember which channel aired that show and/or who made it? And what language was it in, Tamil? What year was it aired?

Edited by Kal El - 29 July 2012 at 9:02pm

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 29 July 2012 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

Lalitha, do you remember which channel aired that show and/or who made it? And what language was it in, Tamil? What year was it aired?

I don't remember who aired it but it came on Gemini Tv every Sunday morning at around 10:00 AM, and it was in telugu. It came in 2005.

Here's an article I found online with some pics of the woman chosen to play Devi Jagdamba. She does a lot of matronly roles in fictional telugu soaps so she was good in the role, but she looked too old.

The article mentions that the show came in the evening, but that's wrong because my family used to watch it in the morning, I guess the time slot changed later on. Though they planned for 300 episodes, only the 26 they had  already shot were aired before the show went off air.

Kal El

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info LalithaSmile

For those who maybe interested, here are some updates on this show. I can't link to the articles because they are from a rival site.

Shikha Swaroop who got famous as Chandrakantha is now back on television with Moti Sagar Productions' Ramayan on Zee TV.

We hear that the talented actress has been roped in to play the role of Kaikeyi in the mythological which is to launch on 12 August (2012) at the 11am slot.

The promos of the show are presently on air which shows that Rishabh Shukla essays the role of King Dasharath.

We tried getting in touch with Shikha but we could not get through to her. We will try to connect again.

Dheeraj Dhoopar, who came to the limelight with Rajan Shahi's Swarg on Colors, and Siddharth Arora of Mukti Bandhan fame have been approached to play the role of Laxman.

Though the casting of Ram and Sita has not been finalized yet, it looks as though it will be a toss-up between Gagan Malik and Aamir Dalvi for the role of Ram. And Neha Sargam might bag the role of Sita. However, the final decision has not been arrived at.

We tried contacting both Siddharth and Dheeraj, but could not get through to them.

Ramayan will launch on 12 August 2012 and the promos are already on air.

We now hear that Neil Bhatt, who was last seen in Gulaal, has also been approached for the role of Lakshman. Ramayan will launch on August 12 (2012) and will take the 11am slot every Sunday.

When contacted, Neil said, "Yes, I have auditioned for the role of Laxman. But I know nothing beyond that".

We also hear that Divyanka Tripathi was also offered the role of Sita and she was close to taking it up. However, she had to decline the offer as she was not ready to shoot in Baroda.

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for the updates. I don't know either of the actors who are meant to play Ram, but I saw Neha Sargam in Gurmeet's Punar Vivah recently when she made a special appearance for a week, and she's a good actress but I'm doubtful if she has the looks of Sita Ma. I guess we'll have to wait and see, though I'm not that interested in following this new Ramayan.

bijayananda

bijayananda

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
If this is Sagar Pictures then no need to get shocked , they are rascals ... just see just in name of remake of Shri Krishna how Jai Shree Krishna was made .. and then their grand show came DBSK , Vishal Karwal ,, thinking he could act as Krishna as Nitesh Bhardwaj did .. haha , they made a joke ,, out of 300 episodes only 4 was good in which sudama came to meet Lord Krishna in Dwarka , that was also good because of Sudama , not of krishna ...
                If it had been original Sagar Arts by Ramananda Sagar ( now by His son A. Sagar) , it would bring some devotion but moti sagar , he seems to be envious and started this Sagar Pictures ... innocent people dont know Arts and pictures are different , taking sagars name proving it to be Ramananda Sagar they want to make money ... look for sagar arts miliions are people waiting its show CGM , but DBSK went ,, chalo jaan chuti ...

this ramayan will be same as DBSK full of nonsence stories ,,,,,,, none can take position of Gurmeet and Debina for next 100 years in Ramayan .. so dont try this ... we biocott this show because we can guess it will be total mess ... i had in the begining of DBSK guessed it would be mess and it proved to be messed .. look my friends I can tell this will also be mess ...

Gurmeet's acting made me crazy towards lord RamChandra ... and became Lord Ram's devotee .. but there will be no one who will take his position ...Smile

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top