Mythological Masti

New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 15

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Varnita

You made a good argument as to why Aamir Dalvi or Aditya Reddij won't make a good Rama, but I agree w/ LJR about Vishal.  Of course, part of it was that I didn't follow either Bhagyavidhata nor his previous serial Pratha (the one about an attempted honor killing), and when he surfaced, he looked like the perfect Krishna.  

Actually, I preferred him even to Nitish Bharadwaj.  I guess a comparison b/w him & Swapnil would be on the boundaries, since it's only the Kalyavan episode that they both covered as Krishna.  Otherwise, Swapnil was the equivalent of JSK's Meghan, while Vishal was the equivalent of RS SK's Sarvadaman or BRCM's Nitish.

Of course, looks ain't everything, and while Vishal looked more Krishna-esque than Nitish, the direction totally sunk him - when he had to be the savior to Lata, or playing his flute w/ just about anybody.  In fact, to put my finger on it, the flute was the biggest put-off for that serial for me.  Yeah, Krishna did use it to seranade the gopis, but that was all in the Vrindavan phase.  It's said that after he left Radha, he left that flute w/ her forever.  Yet, in this serial, they had him play the flute from day 1 till the end - for Balarama, Rukmini, Sudama, Paundrak all the way to Lata.  Most ridiculous was Arjun presenting him w/ a flute when he visited Hastinapur Wacko

But anyway, back to Ramayan, I won't bother.  I'm happy w/ DkDM now, was happy w/ ASR, and disappointed w/ DBSK.  DBSK could have been a great serial covering both Krishna and the Mahabharata, but they blew it w/ a combination of a mediocre cast (aside from Krishna, Revathy, Balarama, Jarasandha, Kalyavan, Yudhisthir, Bhima and Duryodhan) and appallingly poor direction.  No need to watch the same people try their luck w/ Ramayan.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2Varnita...RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 3)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ananya93

ananya93

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 7:48am | IP Logged
ohhh no please nt again we cannot accept anyone as ram sita except gurmeet and debina nt even 5years passed of recent ramayan den yy so soon another one???????????i dnt think it would be a hit whoever watch bt i caanot watch it its vry diff for me to accept anyone as ram sita...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Varnita...RamKiJanaki..

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged
IF Article abt this New Ramayan !!!

'Ramayan' to be back on small screen

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 | 5:25:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 43 Comments
'Ramayan' to be back on small screen

Popular mythological story "Ramayan" is set to be retold on the small screen. Zee TV has announced the re-creation of the classic and it is already on the lookout for faces to play the epic's central characters Ram and Sita.

ramayan to be back on small screen

Popular mythological story "Ramayan" is set to be retold on the small screen. Zee TV has announced the re-creation of the classic and it is already on the lookout for faces to play the epic's central characters Ram and Sita.

With a fresh version of "Ramayan", the channel hopes to "foster the concept of the whole family engaging in a joint TV viewing experience and to reach out to an entire generation of youngsters who have unfortunately not had the privilege of growing up watching it," Sukesh Motwani, head of fiction programming, Zee TV, said in a statement.

The channel has roped in Moti Sagar of the famed Sagar Arts to re-create the epic drama. The original small screen version, produced and directed by Moti's father Ramanand Sagar, was a hit in the 1980s.

Another version of it was created for Imagine TV with actor Gurmeet Choudhary playing Ram, in 2008. That was produced by Sagar Arts too, and no wonder the same production company has been chosen to create the latest version.

"We have roped in the only team in India truly equipped for the task. If anyone can make the magic of 'Ramayan' come alive, it is the Sagars. Ramanand-ji (Sagar) did it brilliantly once, and Moti-Ji and Minakshi, who have inherited 'Ramayan' as a part of their core DNA, are all set to re-create the classic," Motwani added.

The cast of the new "Ramayan" has not yet been frozen. But prominent actors are being considered for the key roles of Ram and Sita.

Actors Aditya RedijAvinash Sachdev and Aamir Dalvi have been approached to play Ram, and among the females Sanjeeda ShaikhSuhasi Dhami and Rubina Dilaik have been auditioned for Sita's part.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Varnita

You made a good argument as to why Aamir Dalvi or Aditya Reddij won't make a good Rama, but I agree w/ LJR about Vishal.  Of course, part of it was that I didn't follow either Bhagyavidhata nor his previous serial Pratha (the one about an attempted honor killing), and when he surfaced, he looked like the perfect Krishna.  

Actually, I preferred him even to Nitish Bharadwaj.  I guess a comparison b/w him & Swapnil would be on the boundaries, since it's only the Kalyavan episode that they both covered as Krishna.  Otherwise, Swapnil was the equivalent of JSK's Meghan, while Vishal was the equivalent of RS SK's Sarvadaman or BRCM's Nitish.

Of course, looks ain't everything, and while Vishal looked more Krishna-esque than Nitish, the direction totally sunk him - when he had to be the savior to Lata, or playing his flute w/ just about anybody.  In fact, to put my finger on it, the flute was the biggest put-off for that serial for me.  Yeah, Krishna did use it to seranade the gopis, but that was all in the Vrindavan phase.  It's said that after he left Radha, he left that flute w/ her forever.  Yet, in this serial, they had him play the flute from day 1 till the end - for Balarama, Rukmini, Sudama, Paundrak all the way to Lata.  Most ridiculous was Arjun presenting him w/ a flute when he visited Hastinapur Wacko

But anyway, back to Ramayan, I won't bother.  I'm happy w/ DkDM now, was happy w/ ASR, and disappointed w/ DBSK.  DBSK could have been a great serial covering both Krishna and the Mahabharata, but they blew it w/ a combination of a mediocre cast (aside from Krishna, Revathy, Balarama, Jarasandha, Kalyavan, Yudhisthir, Bhima and Duryodhan) and appallingly poor direction.  No need to watch the same people try their luck w/ Ramayan.

Hai please DOnt Get me Wrong, I dont have any Offence with Vishal !! He indeed is a Great Actor and a Great Krishna Too !! But I just Mean here that the Common People Specially Ladies who r Regularly watching the Dailysoaps dont accept the Same Actors in the Role of Gods, It is a General Point of View and i m Not Personally attacking anyone !! 
I actually have never watched DBSK that keenly but m saying this on the basis of Behaviour of the people I have seen !! Most of the Bhagyavidhata viewers have never watched it because they didnt liked the choice of Krishna, and this is one of the Prominent Reason for the Fall of TRPs of that Show !!

Edited by Varnita. - 24 July 2012 at 8:41am

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
@Varnita and Vrish,

You both have made valid points. Vishal was a great actor who had lots of potential, but the direction is at fault too for his not being remembered so well as Krishna, because they showed such bogus stories that people obviously could not connect with Lord Krishna's character. Had Vishal worked under a better PH, he could have become as popular as Gurmeet in the role of Ram.

I used to be a huge Nitish Bharadwaj fan, and I still think he's good as Krishna, but after watching Vishnu Puraan in which he is Vishnu and all of Vishnu's avatars, my fandom for him has gone down, lol. He may have been good in Mahabharat, but in VP his dialogues are kind of cheesy and his dialogue delivery was not up to mark in many of the scenes. My favorite Krishna will always be Swapnil Joshi, but his phase did not last long so I don't yet have a craze for any of the adults Krishnas. I did not like SDB that much. Nitish was good but not my favorite, and I never liked DBSK much to become a fan of Vishal.

We all need a good, reliable Krishna serial, so I wish the Sagars would research on his character and take that instead of Ramayan! Both RSR and ASR had done justice to the epic so we don't need another one at all!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.The.Patthaaka.

bhas1066

bhas1066

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Hi everyone
Just a suggestion. They (Sagar ARts) can try a mytho serial on either of the godesses . its quite some time the serial starring hema malini (i dont remember the name ) was aired. They can have stand alone episodes in this. Will look good!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhas1066

Hi everyone
Just a suggestion. They (Sagar ARts) can try a mytho serial on either of the godesses . its quite some time the serial starring hema malini (i dont remember the name ) was aired. They can have stand alone episodes in this. Will look good!!

This new Ramayan is by Sagar Pictures, which makes more sense since the Imagine one belonged to Sagar Arts and both production houses are in constant competition. But yes, I agree that a serial on one of the Goddesses, or even all three, is necessary. A south indian channel once took a serial called Devi Bhagawatham but it was cut short in the middle because of low ratings. A serial like that would be interesting.

Btw, did anyone see the new promo which came on Zee Tv today? I caught it while watching Punar Vivah, as it came during the ads.

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

A south indian channel once took a serial called Devi Bhagawatham but it was cut short in the middle because of low ratings. A serial like that would be interesting.

What stories did they show there?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top