Mythological Masti

New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 15

Page 1
Page   of 15
Page 3 Page 15

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Can someone please post pictures of the people who will possibly play the roles of Ram and Sita? I never heard of them before as I don't see fictional soaps that much, but I'm curious to see how they look.

I found their IF pages (you can find photos, link to their respective soap forums, etc there):

Aditya Redij
Aamir Dalvi
Avinash Sachdev

Sanjeeda Sheikh
Suhasi Dhami
Rubina Dilaik

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2.Vrish.The.Patthaaka.Varnita.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-SilverFlames-

IF-Rockerz

-SilverFlames-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Not sure how to take this news :l yet another adaptation of Ramayan and people will begin to get confused on what to believe as they don't read original scriptures. I don't understand why Sagar's need to make Ramayan over and over again. I agree with Vrish that there needs to be a show made upon Shri Krishna which is accurate as possible but also one that shows the adulthood however not going the DBKS way. 

came across this on the timesofindia website :l The actor choices are not convincing at all 
--------- 

Who will be the new Ram & Sita?

Upasana Mantri, TNN | Jul 23, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Who will be the new Ram & Sita?
Ramayan
In a move that hopes to bring back the good old days when the entire family used to lounge together in the living room, hooked on to television, India's most widely viewed mythological series, Ramayan is all set to come back and enthrall the audiences in its yet new avatar.

Sukesh Motwani, head of fiction programming said, "Ramayan is a way of life that our future generations must carry on as their biggest legacy and as a story, it is timeless and will never lose its relevance. It is rich in the core values, ideals and principles that form the crux of Indian culture and upbringing. So, in bringingRamayan back, we have a twin objective. First is to foster the concept of the whole family, right from grandma and grandpa to the baby in the house, engaging in a joint TV viewing experience. And our other equally important agenda is to reach out to an entire generation of youngsters who have unfortunately not had the privilege of growing up watching Ramayan like the rest of us have."

Ramayan will be an absolute recreation of the original classic. Based on Valmiki's ancient religious epic of the same name, it will thrive on authenticity of representation. Confident of recreating the aura and the nostalgia of the original classic, Motwani said, "We have roped in the only team in India truly equipped for the task and if anyone can make the magic of Ramayancome alive, it is the Sagars. Ramanand ji (Sagar) did it brilliantly once and Moti Ji & Minakshi, who have inherited Ramayan as a part of their core DNA, are all set to recreate the classic."

While the casting has not been frozen, prominent actors are being considered for the roles ofRam and Sita. While actors Aditya Redij, Avinash Sachdev and Amir Dalvi have been approached to play Ram, Sanjeeda Sheikh, Suhasi Dhami and Rubina Dilaik have been auditioned for the role of Sita. It remains to be seen which of them will make history on Indian television as Ram and Sita!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.Varnita.The.Patthaaka.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
From the list, Aditya Redij and Rubina Dilaik seem most suitable for the roles of Ram and Sita. The others wouldn't fit at all, but I guess we'll have toe see.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Ramayan will be an absolute recreation of the original classic. Based on Valmiki's ancient religious epic of the same name, it will thrive on authenticity of representation.

This from the PH Sagar Pictures, that had a field day inserting fictitious events in both JSK and DBSK whenever TRPs fell.  Their Mahabharat track in DBSK wasn't going well, so they brought back Sudama (even though his story was over), and treated us to totally fictitious events from Paundrak's and Pradhyumna's stories.  And once the Pradhyumna track ended, what did we get in DBSK?  Lata, Manju and some Ektaesque creations that flew out of something like Bandini and found their way into this Dwapar Yuga based serial.

Authentic - yeah right!..  There's a bridge in Vadodara that I'd like to sell.  Anybody interested? LOL

Honestly, the reason DkDM is a hit is that it's the first big serial on Shiva since ONS that's surfaced, and dealing w/ a lot of not well known characters.  Even w/ a serial on Krishna/Mahabharata, they could achieve a great deal.  Shani Dev too did well on Imagine.  But Ramayan is so thoroughly beaten to death that even derivative serials - like the 2 on Hanuman - haven't gone anywhere.

Edited by .Vrish. - 23 July 2012 at 11:42pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Ramayan will be an absolute recreation of the original classic. Based on Valmiki's ancient religious epic of the same name, it will thrive on authenticity of representation.

This from the PH Sagar Pictures, that had a field day inserting fictitious events in both JSK and DBSK whenever TRPs fell.  Their Mahabharat track in DBSK wasn't going well, so they brought back Sudama (even though his story was over), and treated us to totally fictitious events from Paundrak's and Pradhyumna's stories.  And once the Pradhyumna track ended, what did we get in DBSK?  Lata, Manju and some Ektaesque creations that flew out of something like Bandini and found their way into this Dwapar Yuga based serial.

Authentic - yeah right!..  There's a bridge in Vadodara that I'd like to sell.  Anybody interested? LOL

Honestly, the reason DkDM is a hit is that it's the first big serial on Shiva since ONS that's surfaced, and dealing w/ a lot of not well known characters.  Even w/ a serial on Krishna/Mahabharata, they could achieve a great deal.  Shani Dev too did well on Imagine.  But Ramayan is so thoroughly beaten to death that even derivative serials - like the 2 on Hanuman - haven't gone anywhere.

Even I laughed at that part.LOL Don't forget that in Jai Shri Krishna, they inserted a bunch of fictiotious demons for little krishna to kill just because viewers loved Dhriti so much. They were afraid TRPs would fall once Krishna grew up, so they kept him young for as long as they could until the TRPs did fall, during the Dhriti phase itself.Ermm I don't trust Sagar Pictures. Even Sagar Arts isn't that great right now, what with JJJB becoming a flop too, but their Imagine mythos both became a hit. I don't know if Shani was a hit but it had pretty good TRPs, right?

If they do a mytho on a God people know little about, there's a better chance it'll become popular than if they keep redoing Ramayan. We have RSR and ASR and that's enough. We don't want any more Ramayans.

.Vrish.Varnita.The.Patthaaka.

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:14am | IP Logged
OMG, These actors have Been Approached for the Role of Ram Sita, Shocked I m Shocked Big time and  really doubt abt the Success of this Series . I will actually not wonder if it Becomes another KHMK Ouch !!

FOr the Holy roles of Ram and Sita we need new Fresh Faces..So that People Actually can accept them in the Characters and start seeing their Gods in them !! This is the Reason for Why ASR Proved to be a Big hit...First Reason Definitely is the Complete Sprituality, Divnity and Devotion contained in it Demanded by the Mythos but the Second Most inportant Reason is People Have Actually Seen their Gods in Gurmeet and Debina...Because they were Complete New faces at that Time, and Have Done Complete justice with the Roles !!

But here all are the Well Known Faces...Aditya from Na aana is Desh, Aamir from Jyoti, Avinash from Choti Bahu, Sanjeeda from JPSWA, Suhasi from YMGGK And Rubina again from CHoti bahu !! People have Seen them as different characters and they r definitely not Going to accept them as the Gods Just Like Ekta Kapoor's KHMK !!

The Same thing Happened with DBSK...Though the Reason of failure of that Series is the Lack of Sprituality but an Another Big reason is Vishal who was Playing Krishna has ALready Played the Lead role in Bhagyavidhata...ANd After Seeing the First Promo of it the First words my Mother said were "this Series is Gonna Complete Flop for their Choice of Krishna in It" !!

ANd Now Sagars are again Repeating their Mistake Ouch!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Varnita.

OMG, These actors have Been Approached for the Role of Ram Sita, Shocked I m Shocked Big time and  really doubt abt the Success of this Series . I will actually not wonder if it Becomes another KHMK Ouch !!

FOr the Holy roles of Ram and Sita we need new Fresh Faces..So that People Actually can accept them in the Characters and start seeing their Gods in them !! This is the Reason for Why ASR Proved to be a Big hit...First Reason Definitely is the Complete Sprituality, Divnity and Devotion contained in it Demanded by the Mythos but the Second Most inportant Reason is People Have Actually Seen their Gods in Gurmeet and Debina...Because they were Complete New faces at that Time, and Have Done Complete justice with the Roles !!

But here all are the Well Known Faces...Aditya from Na aana is Desh, Aamir from Jyoti, Avinash from Choti Bahu, Sanjeeda from JPSWA, Suhasi from YMGGK And Rubina again from CHoti bahu !! People have Seen them as different characters and they r definitely not Going to accept them as the Gods Just Like Ekta Kapoor's KHMK !!

The Same thing Happened with DBSK...Though the Reason of failure of that Series is the Lack of Sprituality but an Another Big reason is Vishal who was Playing Krishna has ALready Played the Lead role in Bhagyavidhata...ANd After Seeing the First Promo of it the First words my Mother said were "this Series is Gonna Complete Flop for their Choice of Krishna in It" !!

ANd Now Sagars are again Repeating their Mistake Ouch!!

I don't know if you've seen DBSK Varnita, but Vishal was actually quite good as Krishna. I too was surprised since known faces never do become hits in mytho roles, but Vishal was the only good thing about DBSK. Most of the other actors were bad choices.

But I agree that in general, choosing fresh and new faces makes mythos more popular, because people don't have preconceived notions about them. Even Ekta Kapoor chose popular actors for her mahabharat serial, and it became a total flop. On the other hand, the serials which used fresh faces have become a hit, like RSR, RSK, ASR, and even JSK despite its flaws with Dhriti.

Who personally is going to watch this new Ramayan? I might try a few episodes but I don't think I'll feel very inspired to follow it. I am satisfied with RSR and ASR which I love.

bhakti2Varnita.The.Patthaaka.

Varnita.

IF-Sizzlerz

Varnita.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:53am | IP Logged
^^ Umm I watched it Sumtimes, But Not in the Way to Judge the Acting Skills of EVeryone !! Well I dont Mean that Vishal was not a Good Krishna,. He Obviously had Done Completely Justice with His Role...But I just Mean here that the Common People who r Regularly watching the Dailysoaps dont accept the Same Actors in the Role of Gods !! And results in what happened in KHMK as U Said !!

Well I actually Dont have any Interest in this Series as I m Completely Satisfied with ASR and RSR. But as Though it is Related to Lord Ram So I will Definitely Try Few Episodes of it and then will think for the Further Wink

ananya93The.Patthaaka...RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top