Mythological Masti

New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 14)

Post Reply New Post

Page 14 of 15

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:38am | IP Logged
here are the details

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by ankita2804

:O Sagar ARTS n Sagar PICTURES are different ..??? lol

n u r right... NDTV Ramayan was made after 20 years of d RSR... but still today ppl cant get out of it and they even refused to watch Guru n Debi as Ram-Siya...

I dont know how did SP even could think that within a diff of 3 years ppl will accept this new series... I am SHOCKED ... 

Yeah they are...during Ramanand Sagar's time everything was Sagar Arts, but then later one of his sons and daughter-in-law broke apart from the family business because of some fights and created Sagar Pictures separately. It is generally known in the mytho biz that Sagar Pictures, because it is new, has less of a budget, and their approach to mythology is also slightly different. Sagar Arts' shows, like Imagine's Ramayan and Mahima Shani Dev ki, are more similar to Ramanand Sagar's shows because that approach has brought them fame, whereas Sagar Pictures' shows have never become a success, except JSK, though it too lost popularity after a while because of the dragged storyline.

That's why I'm doubtful about this Ramayan's success. Sagar Pictures doesn't really have a good repuation, but let's see what happens.

Hardcore fans of RSR and ASR may find it hard to accept this new Ram and Sita over Arun/Deepika and Gurmeet/Debina, but if they're really really good they might be accepted, you never know. But either way I hope this show does well for the sake of the Sagar's recently decreasing reputation, but I'm doubtful.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Ramayan Series on Zee TV !! (Page 14)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Oh Thanks for this info !
Its shocking & sad Unhappy

anku-

IF-Sizzlerz

anku-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Well I am doubtful about this one. If its like DBSK then I have no hope. In DBSK they changed the story line at the drop of a hat

I will watch it today for curiosity sake and reverence for the divine charecters

And I wish them all the best too

GLAD to know I wasn't wrong when I made the decision to stop watching it. Thanks Nandini.

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 9:55am | IP Logged
You mean stopped watching DBSK? Yeah I gave up on it when they showed Jamvanti doing the honours at the Tulabharan instead of Devi Rukmini. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anku-

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Okay, I just watched the first episode and will write down what I though in terms of pros and cons. I'll start with the pros since they're more positive.LOL

Pros:
The costumes of the royal ladies is really authentic and nice, I liked it a lot!Clap Kaikeyi's saree's in particular are beautiful.

The outside setting of the palace and surrounding area is nice too. The kingdom of Ayodhya looks very grand as it was supposed to be.

OMG, baby Ram is SO cute!!!! I fell in love with his smile during the naamkaranDay Dreaming, but I wish they chose an infant, lol. The kid looked 9 mths or something and babies are named much before that.LOL

The lady chosen for Kaushalya is the best out of the three ranis in my opinion. In that scene where she receives Vishnu's darshan, and then later rocks her baby...everything about it was so emotional and touching, I think I'll come to like her a lot.Smile

Cons:

The inside settings of the palace are so dull and gloomy, as usual with Sagar Pictures shows.Ouch Aishu is right. The palace is the same one used in Dwarkadheesh and I remember many people complained then too. When they made the outside look so nice, could they not show a grand inside as well? Ayodhya was supposed to be made out of gold, and there was supposed to be brightness and color everywhere. The settings of this palace look so depressing.

Unlike others here, I  don't have a problem with Sumitra yet. She may look a bit old, but they're all supposed to be very old by now and it's not her fault if they chose a young Dashrath. However I did not like Kaikeyi or Manthara at all. Kaikeyi was supposed to bright and youthful, and she was very loving to the other two queens before Manthara poisoned her. This Kaikeyi was not exactly mean, but she came off as a bit snobby to me. She looked as if she knew Dashrath liked her best, and she was proud of it. Valmiki Ramayan actually portrays Kaikeyi as a bit proud, but this Ramayan is taking RCM as source, right? In RCM Kaikeyi was a very virtuous, friendly, and pure-minded lady.

As for Manthara, she was not as annoying as ASR's in that she did not have a high-pitched, nasal voice, but I think ASR's was a better actress. This Manthara does not come off as a sly and clever politician. She looks desperate and weak, which Manthara was not. RSR's Manthara is the best I have seen so far, but after her I prefer ASR's to this new Ramayan's, unless the Manthara improves later down the line. It may be too soon to judge Kaikeyi and Manthara, maybe they'll both improve with time.

Another pet peeve is that I do not like Vishnu and Lakshmi being shown in white as Sagar Pictures tends to show. Lakshmi, while she is shown to have white in her saree in some paintings, it's supposed to be bordered by red or bright orange. All white is not an auspicious color. Also, Vishnu is supposed to be shown in yellow. It's his custom color and it's even shown in temples. The Vishnu and Lakshmi of Sagar Pictures shows are always shown in white for some reason.

I did not like how Kaikeyi pushed Manthara to the floor. Yeah, we all hate her character and all, but Kaikeyi was not a temperamental or violent lady. I don't like the aggressiveness and command this Kaikeyi is displaying. I also did not like how Dashrath's character is portrayed as being overly obsessed with Kaikeyi. Yeah Kaikeyi was his favorite queen, but he never neglected Kaushalya and Sumitra. If he was that type of husband and King, Vishnu would never be born to him. This Dashrath does not seem to care about Kaushalya or Sumitra.

Kaikeyi accompanying Dashrath to the war was inaccurate. That event is supposed to occur soon after their marriage, not now. After she saved him and got those two boons, many 100s of years were supposed to pass before this war happened, and when he returned home she was supposed to be there with Kaushalya and Sumitra to greet him. Anyway, I guess it's not that big of a deal so it's not really a major blooper.

I don't really like the music that much. Some of it was a copy from RSR and ASR's respective scenes (like Jai Jai Surnayak & Bhaye Pragat Kripala), but the other music, while being RJ's trademark tunes, did not suit the scenes.

All in all, this first episode wasn't horrible but I was not very impressed. It started off being a copy of RSR and went on to being a copy of ASR. Of course, the story cannot be drastically different since this is how Ramayan the epic starts, but for someone who's seen both the previous Ramayans, it wasn't a very impressive start because 1) the settings of the palace interior weren't nearly as beautiful and grand as ASR's and 2) the scene with Vishnu and Lakshmi at Vaikunta wasn't as spiritual as RSR's. I also really loved that scene in the original Ramayan.

I hope the second episode will be better. I heard that this whole show is going to be only 64 episodes, which is shorter than the original Ramayan which was 78 episodes not including Uttar kandShocked and if that's true then the storyline will be very rushed and there won't be much opportunity to go in depth of Ramayan, which is more beautiful when deeply researched and understood.

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 12 August 2012 at 2:12pm

-.Aphrodite.-

-.Aphrodite.-

IF-Sizzlerz

-.Aphrodite.-

IF Crazy Co-Captain, BollyCurry Visual Effects

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
@Janu Di...Can I say I agree with you completely...

I watched the whole episode...The starting disappointed me and for the rest of episode...I was not able to connect. I don't like Kaikeyi in this one...Her persona is missing here. Manthara...well, Sagar people tried to choose actress who play negative role in soaps..but here, it need to be a different touch. Dont know if we will get it...

I just loved the small kid in the end. 

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.Preet.-

@Janu Di...Can I say I agree with you completely...

I watched the whole episode...The starting disappointed me and for the rest of episode...I was not able to connect. I don't like Kaikeyi in this one...Her persona is missing here. Manthara...well, Sagar people tried to choose actress who play negative role in soaps..but here, it need to be a different touch. Dont know if we will get it...

I just loved the small kid in the end. 

I agree with you Preet. I watched this episode with an open mind so I'm proud to say that I did not compare it to RSR or ASR while watching, but now I can compare it to the other two since all three are Sagar shows and are bound to have similarities, but in general this Ramayan is not original till now. At least ASR maintained its individuality by making itself a serial of many sources. There were times when I hated what it showed, but overall I cannot say it's a direct copy of RSR, because it was not, whereas this Ramayan so far is a direct copy of both the shows.

Yeah, I just loved baby Ram so much. I'm tempted to make an avi of his adorable smile.Day Dreaming

-.Aphrodite.-

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 12 August 2012 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Aishu and I were just exchanging PMs about our initial reactions to the show and one of mine turned into a full-on review; figured I'd share it here. I'm leaving out the bits of direct comparison but if anyone cares about 'em, we can exchange PMs too :P

Agree with Aishu that I'm not all that disappointed yet...

Agreed about Vishnu - they could've found someone capable of more graceful and crisp postures. The dubbing voice they used on him seems to be a Sagar staple - in the later half of SK he dubbed for Sarvadaman Banerjee as adult Krishna (and Vishnu), in Saibaba he dubbed for Mukul Nag who played Baba, in ASR he dubbed for Gurmeet during the Vishnu scenes, and now here he is again... the guy must know the "aap Mata Aditi thi" dialogue well enough to say it in his sleep, it's gotta be like his 5th time reciting it LOL

Anyway, Rishabh Shukla as Dashrath was alright - I expected more since he's an old mytho alum from BRC's Mahabharat, but his dialogue delivery was a kinda cliche. He improved later on in the episode, but overall he didn't have as much warmth about him as others who've played the role in the past.

The three queens look appropriately aged so that their being childless was a genuine concern - some serials don't capture that, whether it's these three in Ramayan or Yashoda in the Krishna stories. I liked Kaushalya best, she had that softness about her and her expressions during the scene with Vishnu before he takes to form of Ram came across as realistic motherly affection.

I liked Kaikeyi's costumes best, loveeeddd her green and red saree during the scene where they share the kheer but I thought her crown was too severe - reminded me of a dinosaur's plates - and her makeup was also excessive. Idk why but I can't stand it when people get their eyebrows done like that, all thin and high up so they're like almost an inch away from the eyes... that look of permanent surprise LOL Anywho, her dialogue delivery was really stiff and sounded practiced rather than spontaneous.

Though her look was the most mediocre of the three, I preferred Sumitra's dialogue delivery in the one line that she got when they were lamenting to Vashisht about their childlessness. It was smooth, fluent, and promising; I think I'll like her as she gets more to do.

I didn't like the choice for Vashisht. Poor pronunciation and he just didn't have that rishi muni wala aura about him, IMO. You know how sometimes they're so well-chosen that you simply can't picture them withouth the beard and jata, and other times it's such a misfit on them that you wanna be the kid who rips it off and yells "YOU'RE NOT THE REAL SANTA" LOL Too young, probably.

The sets: bedrooms looked dark and dingy like DBSK, but the outdoor patios and stuff were really nice. I loved where the putra kaameshti yagya scene was held; all the light colored pillars and curtains made it really pretty. The hall where they spoke with Vashisht also looked nice. Hope they find some happy medium between the dull bronze and gold of ASR and the cold, lifeless charcoal and pewter palette from JSK's Mathura sets and DBSK.

The music - I liked the stuti in the beginning, they went with the original RCM words as they had in RSR but the tune was a standard one from ASR and I thought they came together well. Ravindra Jain has found some nice new singers, but he himself needs to let others take over the high pitched notes now because sadly his voice has aged and the opening lines of the song describing Dashrath's journey to Shringi Rishi were just unbearable. Was relieved to see him singing as beautifully as always in a lower register during the Putra Kameshti song. Which, btw, had the same tune as Meghnaad's farewell song in RSR, just with a faster dadra rhythm. It looks like that's what we're going to get here - instead of original melodies, he'll use the ones from songs he hasn't recycled before LOL Which is fine, I guess, but this particular tune was more poignant in its slower form from RSR. The last celebratory song was nice, sounded familiar but new at the same time and appropriately festive. The background music needs to be toned down, it's too loud and continuous making it hard to hear the dialogues sometimes.

The CGI shown in the heavens - not my favorite thing about new mythos, it always looks to flashy and fake. Wish they just kept it simple with plain skies, realistic water, and maybe some mist.

The writing - I don't understand why they felt the need to insert Kaikeyi saving Dashrath and receiving her boons into the same timeline of Ram's birth, when it was supposed to have happened much earlier. Strange decision. Also, they could be more subtle about Kaikeyi being Dashrath's favorite. That aarti scene felt too obvious. But other than that, the episode moved at a decent pace. Was relieved to hear that the series will have a predetermined, limited number of episodes; hopefully that means they will steer clear of random fictional tracks and stick to the main story.

Kinda looking forward to the next episode since the kid playing Ram looked SO adorable <3

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Aphrodite.-..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top