Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Director's Cut - July 23, 2012 (Page 15)

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omoraboti

Iritz & Ruby!

Loved, loved, loved your post.

What a wondeful episode it was and both of you have captured the essence so well. Anjali Manohor Jha - yet to be understood, an insecured lover on Arnav and Khushi, yet in the spirit of sacrifice - we have intense drama ahead

Thank you so much Farah .. coming from u its a huge compliment .. have always loved & admired ur posts..  So a sincere thanx to you love 
absolutely .. one can't help & wonder in between this welcome romantic relief . on what intense drama awaits us .. but from this side .. It looks dam interesting .. Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

twisted_beenz..mrinalini..Omoraboti

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GirlOfFire

A tip of the Hat...

to the writers of this amazing experience - 'Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon?'

We pick up where we left off on Friday. Anjali's insecurities about her brother, accusing him of lying about why he was back home. Why didn't he tell the truth? He is aghast at her words

So Arnav proceeds to tell her - what she wants to hear:
Nothing has changed. - TRUTH - nothing has changed in his feelings for his Di. 
I married Khushi because of you. - HALF-TRUTH
I didnt marry Khushi because I loved her - HALF-TRUTH
That night, Khushi did come to this house as my wife, but only because of you. And your child. - HALF-TRUTH
Because I thought that she and Shyam..- TRUTH
When I married her, I didnt love her - TRUTH - at that point in time
Its only after our marriage that I started loving her - LIE 
Do you remember, di, that you always told me that a girl would come into my life, without whom I would not be able to breathe?

She is so happy about this.
He hides his face from her...he does not want to see how she will react when he brings home what will be for her, the painful truth.  

That girl is Khushi, Di. Without whom I cannot breathe. I never thought this would happen in my life. But it did. I love her a lot. 
TRUE
I love you , Di.
TRUE

Now he looks at her again..
But with her coming, our relationship does not change. Don't ever think or say that again, Di. 
AND TRUE

Arnav Singh Raizada in one masterful stroke of Truths, garnished Half-Truths and one BIG lie accomplished what he came to do. 

He came to help his sister help him not to have to make the choice between wife and sister. Being left alone in the hall made him see that. ASR does not want to be in a position to make that choice. So he uses his words very carefully. Only one lie in that basket of truths and half-truths - and it is a white lie. 

Two of those dialogues had me going 'What the!' till I realized what it meant.

When I married her, I didn't love her
Its the truth AT THAT POINT IN TIME - he hated her. Not just because of what her 'relationship' with Shyam would mean to Di, but to HIM too. That was the first time he broke down, and cried, because of what he thought he had lost. She was his first true love, and she had hurt him. Love was the last thing on his mind at that point - it was hate, and hurt and loathing and anger and jealousy. There WAS no room for love when he married her. 

Its only after our marriage that I started loving her:
This is a lie. He had started loving Khushi, long before he realized it, before the night of his wedding. He was going to propose a relationship with her that night. Why would he lie about it? What about those romantic moments that he tried to recreate earlier in the day? Did he just get short-term amnesia?

Naniji - in her little talk with Khushi, tells her pretty much the same thing. That Anjali was so happy in her brother's relationship with you. She was looking forward to it. So then, why would ASR say this?

And then, I thought, ASR (or whoever wrote his dialogues) you sneaky so-and-so. Of course he lied. Look what he says right before that: 'I thought she and Shyam...' He doesn't finish the sentence, and instead let's Anjali make what she will of it. And follows it up with this line. In other words, Di, I know Khushi wasn't in love with Shyam. He has put in place the thought process to clear Khushi of Di's rancour. But without absolving Shyam of any guilt. He is determined to make his Di understand his and therefore, Khushi's point of view. Its the truth, in a way, for after he married her, he started falling in love with her all over again. 

And then he hides his face as he declares his innermost feelings for Khushi, to his di. Finally reinforcing his love for her by saying 'I love you, di'. For a moment, I wondered if they had dubbed it wrong, and then I realized NO - this was how the writers meant to write this scene. Arnav saves his best weapon for the end. AFTER his declaration of love for Khushi. His sister has no choice but to be happy in his choice. 

For those who thought that ASR rarely used that Harvard brain of his, this particular scene must negate those thoughts. ASR is ASR, through and through in this scene. 

The bedroom scene... awww..Day Dreaming.

His love for his wife shines in his eyes. He tells her di understands. Everything will be alright slowly, I am fixing it. And then of course, he is on his own love-life track. You have to accept me as your hubby, cause now you lost the challenge. How easy it is to talk to you when you are asleep. He tucks her hair, and holds her hand till he falls asleep. She is the last thing he wants to see at night. But ASR is going to have to start saying those things to her face soon... 

Because morning brings a different reality. 

Khushi, Khushi, Khushi... girl, you need to trust that husband of yours! 

Khushi is painfully aware of how Di feels about her. It has been reinforced in her mind for the past few days, not least by the man who now wants her to accept him as her husband! Without hearing that good-night talk, she has no clue as to what has happened. She prepares to go to GH for good. 

ASR, though, is slowly tuning into her. He notices her hesitations, her worry, her avoidance of him and his eyes. This is Khushi's turn to weave some pathetic webs of lies to avoid telling him what she really wants to say. 

Her joy in seeing Anjali actually speaking to her, is immeasurable. ASR is observing this exchange carefully. Payal, also looks on, but mostly from a sister's point of view. Khushi turns to Payal, 'Jiji, did you see..? Di actually..' spoke to me. It's strange that Khushi would turn to her sister at this point, rather than to her husband. And if she had, she would have seen that slight smirk on his face. He knew where that effort from Anjali was coming from. He had set it in motion the night before. 

Khushi has been keeping her composure so far. And ASR has already tuned in to it. He gets ready to take her to her Buaji's. 

Enter NK - I love this guy! Remember the last time when HE stepped in-between to take her home? This time, he insists that Nannav take Khushi home! How cute is that?

Khushi's sudden refusal to go with ASR is raising flags in his mind. He knows that something is wrong with Khushi...and his happiness. They reach GH and now he voices it - are you okay? What's going on with you? He tries to make her smile with the 'Mausam', song, but she doesn't respond. All she says is Buaji. So he is pushing it at this point - I'll come in and meet Buaji. And she says 'no' followed by a paper-thin excuse. He understands that she will not tell him. Finally, he backs off. Her 'chalte hain' leaves him with food for thought. He knows she is up to something - something that involves her looking so devastated.

For him there is nothing in the world so important as her smile. He failed to make her smile - he has to know the truth. And one thing ASR is, is stubborn. So little wifey, better watch out!! 

The precap gives us hope... and leaves us wanting more!! I just hope it doesn't turn into another MU. 

But with these writers, like I said... you never know what you get till you get it. 

Afterthought: Glad to see Akash and Payal weather their first storm as a married couple. Akash finally has thought things through. But the cracks will be there, and mami wont help, unless Akash starts finding his voice with Mamiji.

No worries with ASR on the Mami front. If looks could kill...then I dont think we'd have Mami back in RM. I wonder how long he is going to tolerate this? 

Wait and watch!

Madhu .. Speechless .. what a fantastic take on the episode .. I simply loved the truth & lie section .. so beautifully explained .. ... 

Loved it loved it .. I mean .. its sure is a treat to read you after a wonder full episode .. what u have recreated here just puts the cherry on the TOP ..

Once again SUPERB & BRILLIANT ANALYSIS .. 

Edited by redwine1 - 24 July 2012 at 6:14am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireiritz..mrinalini..twisted_beenz

GirlOfFire Goldie
GirlOfFire
GirlOfFire

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iritz

A tip of the Hat...

That night, Khushi did come to this house as my wife, but only because of you. And your child. - HALF-TRUTH
Do you remember, di, that you always told me that a girl would come into my life, without whom I would not be able to breathe?

Madhu...

As usual... what a Fab write up !!! Clap

Tell me something... is it a blatant lie that he started loving her before marriage... if he did, wouldn't he have gone to ask her about the Shyam fiasco... wouldn't he have trusted her enough???

Yes, he was definitely attracted to her... yes, he also thought that he loved her... but did he actually??? 

True love means trusting each other and not needing a proof... and that's what happened post marriage... after he finally told her why he married her in the first place... when he turned around from the airport for her !!! And the realization happened during the kidnapping... for both of them !

Ah Rizty, I can only quote Howard Jones' song that goes
'What is love anyway?
Does anybody know?'

In defence of the lie... it was a while lie. But yes, he was IN LOVE with Khushi before he married her. He'd already recognized the dil ki dhakan and saanse rukh jaana wala pointers his sister had given him. He had felt his world come to a stop when she announced she was engaged. He just hadnt given a name to it. 

On the day of his marriage, his two-minute convo with Akash, Akash is talking about WHAT it feels like to be in love, and he is completely in tune with it. He feels exactly the same way about Khushi that Akash does for Payal. Would he have gone all dreamy if he didn't love her? 

Yes, trust in each other wasnt there at the point they got married. How could it be? They'd never spoken of their feelings to each other. But look at the scene where he goes for the drive. All his thoughts about his di and Shyam make him scream in anger. But its only when he starts thinking of Khushi that he starts crying. The first step to knowing that love isnt all about feeling good. There's other elements that go hand-in-hand with it. 

Once he married her, he buried those pre-marital feelings he had for her, and only let the pain and anger and hurt rule him, forcing himself to believe the worst of her. But just a few days after marriage during Holi he confesses to her about 'dil ki dhadkan ek ho jaatey hain', so did he fall in love with her in those few days? No. 

ASR also had no way of knowing all the other things that go hand in hand with a loving relationship - trust, respect, honesty, honor, understanding and cherishing your partner. He learnt those after he got married. So yes, he began loving her AFTER they were married. Before he is kidnapped at the airport, he is willing to give his relationship a second chance. Nothing had changed. No big reveal had happened, in fact, things were pretty much at an all time low in their relationship at that point. So ASR acknowledges his need for her in his life in that split second.

The kidnapping drama put the final seal on his understanding of his own feelings for her AND the fact that it was mutual. Through it all, his first thoughts have always been of her, and his star-gazing acknowledgement is the final seal on his own understanding. ASR had to find his way to love, and this was it. 

So was it a lie? To me, yes. Because as I said, his FBs in the convo with NK shows how much he is aware of the journey through which he came to this point - right from day one!

Chalo - yeh to apne aap mein hi ek post ho gaya, lol.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

twisted_beenz

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditi07

Superb Analysis...Ruby & RitzyClapClap!! "Is there really any Hope" & " Tera Mera Pyaar Amar, Phir kyon mujhko Lagta hai dar"...both are amazingly suitable to the myriad of emotions that various characters of the show are going through!!

Today's episode has emphatically taught me one thing all over again that ---
"Expect the Unexpected", Truly must be the Mantra of every viewer of this beloved show of ours!! & Of course the full credit goes to our wonderfully different & ever -surprising creatives !! I was stunned the way the story progressed today...truly Unexpected & pleasantly shocking !!

All it took them was a single episode for a complete turn around in the thinking pattern of the characters & providing the much needed direction to the highly troubled & confused mind sets of the various family members... First Anjali being actually happy about arnav feeling in love with khushi Big smile , after the way she had accused arnav about the same in the previous episode & then suddenly akash seeming to understand payal's pov & being ready to start afresh with her...the only thing that came to my mind after watching these two scenes was..."What The.." Shocked. Wow...Mr. Khan, today this 360 degree turn around in the episode has actually left me stunned!! Even in my wildest & far-fetched dreams, I had never ever imagined that the continuation of the weekend's episode would turn out to be like this...simply Superb!!

Loved the scene between Arnav - Anjali!! loved how softly & touchingly arnav again reassured anjali of her position in his life...& "Saansein hi Ruk jaayengi"... how wonderfully by referring to this single dialogue of hers he made he made her realize that not only how much importance her every spoken word holds to him --even including the ones which did not hold any significance to him at the time when anjali had spoken them-- but also made her understand that how much khushi means to him, made her realize that the only thing which she had always wished for her chotey i.e. for him to truly fall in love,  has been indeed fulfilled!! How beautifully In just a single line, he confessed his love for both khushi & his Di !!

The scene clearly reflected how elated anjali was firstly , when she realized that arnav had remembered the advice given to him by her so well, & secondly when arnav , even though partially , but answered the critically important & long-pending questions of hers regarding his hasty marriage...again showing her emotional dependence on arnav & how much her to have an important place in her brother's life means to her!! Arnav's repetitive reassurance that anjali was & will always be the most important person in his life & that no one could ever come between them were so comforting for anjali that in a moments time it took away all her insecurities, at least for the time being!! The same sister who was just some moments ago was accusing her brother of ignoring & lying to her coz he had fallen in love was so much comforted that she was actually shedding happy tears that finally her brother had fallen madly in love, which she had always wanted for him!!

However, it doesn't mean that she is okay with khushi or has forgiven her ...coz clearly she still is highly confused regarding shyam to be guilty of the accusations leveled against him by khushi & still sees khushi as the reason for the fiasco...but, her later attempts at trying to make a conversation with khushi was a clear example of how she is trying to be at least decently polite with khushi for the sake of her chote !! It is Yet to be seen that how long will this attitude of hers continues...will she soften even more towards khushi (which seems highly unlikely to me) , or more probably sooner than later Anjali - the wife would again overcome Anjali - the sister!! Further, I really wonder that how come anjali did not pick up the cue & ask arnav that if he did know about shyam's reality since the day of his marriaeg why he did not tell her!! It was surprising that anjali didn't pay it enough attention to question arnav regarding such a critical information that arnav knew about shyam for the past so many months!!

Lastly, what to speak about the beautiful bed time talk of arnav with sleepy khushi...it was endearingEmbarrassedEmbarrassed!! Finally CVs decided to give us the treat by showing ArHi on same bed in RM!! loved the way arnav was assuring khushi that anjali understands about their relationship...trying to feel relieved that he was finally being able to balance both his wife & sister - the two most important relationships to him in this world!! However, it did seem like he was reiterating it to himself, trying to reassure himself of the same fact!! Thanks a Lot ruby for explaining so well that why arnav was so much comfortable talking to khushi when she was asleep...coz he is still insecure of opening up about his feeling to khushi!!

Truly, Another Masterpiece by the CVs of this show...very well balanced episode Thumbs Up!! Depicting it all - the beautiful brother-sister bond again becoming strong; a much needed fresh start to PayAsh weakened relationship; flirtatious & romantic arnav already building up hopes for a more peaceful & beautiful future with his wife & his sister, & mean while totally unaware of all these developments & having lost all her hopes, Khushi leaving RM Ouchby lying to every one, expecting her departure to bring the much needed peace & happiness to the family that she dearly loves...wow so much story development in a single episode !! Now, With Arnav already sensing strongly that something is amiss & wrong with khushi, I really wonder how the current track has gonna shape up...wonder how is arnav going to react or explode when he finds out about khushi's lie!! Guess we are in store for a lot more unexpected twists & turns!! Truly, Loving it ClapClap!!

Thank you so much Aditi .. love you for all the encouragement you give us here .. 

Darling .. am soon becoming a fan of your write ups .. please do .. write upfront here .. an earnest request .. I am sure like me ..there wil be a whole bunch of people who would love to read ur take .. 

Loved it & thanx once again .. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireaditi07..mrinalini..twisted_beenz

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by iritz

A tip of the Hat...

Madhu...

As usual... what a Fab write up !!! Clap

Tell me something... is it a blatant lie that he started loving her before marriage... if he did, wouldn't he have gone to ask her about the Shyam fiasco... wouldn't he have trusted her enough???

Yes, he was definitely attracted to her... yes, he also thought that he loved her... but did he actually??? 

True love means trusting each other and not needing a proof... and that's what happened post marriage... after he finally told her why he married her in the first place... when he turned around from the airport for her !!! And the realization happened during the kidnapping... for both of them !

Ah Rizty, I can only quote Howard Jones' song that goes
'What is love anyway?
Does anybody know?'

In defence of the lie... it was a while lie. But yes, he was IN LOVE with Khushi before he married her. He'd already recognized the dil ki dhakan and saanse rukh jaana wala pointers his sister had given him. He had felt his world come to a stop when she announced she was engaged. He just hadnt given a name to it. 

On the day of his marriage, his two-minute convo with Akash, Akash is talking about WHAT it feels like to be in love, and he is completely in tune with it. He feels exactly the same way about Khushi that Akash does for Payal. Would he have gone all dreamy if he didn't love her? 

Yes, trust in each other wasnt there at the point they got married. How could it be? They'd never spoken of their feelings to each other. But look at the scene where he goes for the drive. All his thoughts about his di and Shyam make him scream in anger. But its only when he starts thinking of Khushi that he starts crying. The first step to knowing that love isnt all about feeling good. There's other elements that go hand-in-hand with it. 

Once he married her, he buried those pre-marital feelings he had for her, and only let the pain and anger and hurt rule him, forcing himself to believe the worst of her. But just a few days after marriage during Holi he confesses to her about 'dil ki dhadkan ek ho jaatey hain', so did he fall in love with her in those few days? No. 

ASR also had no way of knowing all the other things that go hand in hand with a loving relationship - trust, respect, honesty, honor, understanding and cherishing your partner. He learnt those after he got married. So yes, he began loving her AFTER they were married. Before he is kidnapped at the airport, he is willing to give his relationship a second chance. Nothing had changed. No big reveal had happened, in fact, things were pretty much at an all time low in their relationship at that point. So ASR acknowledges his need for her in his life in that split second.

The kidnapping drama put the final seal on his understanding of his own feelings for her AND the fact that it was mutual. Through it all, his first thoughts have always been of her, and his star-gazing acknowledgement is the final seal on his own understanding. ASR had to find his way to love, and this was it. 

So was it a lie? To me, yes. Because as I said, his FBs in the convo with NK shows how much he is aware of the journey through which he came to this point - right from day one!

Chalo - yeh to apne aap mein hi ek post ho gaya, lol.

Madhu .. I am so with you on this .. YEP IT WAS A LIE .. 

If he told his Di that he was always in love with KHushi .. he married Khushi partly for this love .. what would have been the impact ??? 

Ofc he is aware of his feelings .. he was always aware ... remember he cud have got rid of the problem called KKG in ne way .. but marriage .. but he chose to tie her to him .. he chose to add the contract in his marriage . JUST to hurt her .. a woman whose belief was a "marriage is forever" .. what better way to HURT her by saying this marriage starts with an END DATE .. that was the jilted lover then .. again .. every time she tries to move away from him .. .  his reaction is of a jilted lover .. holding her by force .. 

The essence of the ASR Di convo is in the last dialogue .. the saansein ruk jayegi dialogue .. thats what KHUSHI is to him .. his life .. & thats what Anjali will react to ..Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GirlOfFireiritz

twisted_beenz IF-Rockerz
twisted_beenz
twisted_beenz

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nivedha84

Beens loved ur post on Aakash pinky Raizada and his wify Payal pinky raizadaROFL
Thank you so much vedha...Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

redwine1

twisted_beenz IF-Rockerz
twisted_beenz
twisted_beenz

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lizzy2012

Ritzy,winey, Sam, GOF- all the analysis very good.. Girls.. As u know.. We all think too alike when we think of IPK...saw the mirror image of what I felt in your analysis.. All of them in unique  styles..

Beens- u are hilarious girl..u  know thoughts on anji are similar to yours LOLThough as a critique I think differently ...
Thanks Geeta...HugHug
I know our ideas are similar.. excecution different though

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iritzredwine1..mrinalini..

twisted_beenz IF-Rockerz
twisted_beenz
twisted_beenz

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pals13

Ruby,Ritz,Sammy, Beena, GOF...lovely analysis...ClapClapClap

Now its Redux and DC which makes IPK worth a watch Big smileBig smile
Thank  you so much HugHug