Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devon Ka Dev Mahadev Written Update For 23 July 2012 (Page 3)

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Thanks for the update, Sia. 

I didn't watch the episode yet but caught a glimpse of Shiva as a brahman Smile

I don't understand why everyone were worried Himavan would leave the Earth. I don't think he would have as Kailash itself is on the Himalaya and he wouldn't do anything to upset his son-in-law's and daughter's peaceful life. He would have stayed knowing that Shiva and Parvati's home was the Kailash in  his own mountain range.

Tarakasur's sons in saffron robes LOL That was unexpected.

Probably they are laying the foundation for Tripura story Tongue

Vibs

That's what I thought as well - they're laying the foundation for the Tripura story.

I had a different question somewhere else - is Mahadev regarded as a 'ghar-jamai' (a SIL who lives w/ his in-laws?)  Similarly, those who live w/ him - the ganas and so on - aren't they defined as having attained salvation?  Same would automatically be true for Himavan as well, no?  In this serial, they've made him a Vaishnav, which is ahistorical - he was a Shivaya, and Shiva living within his realm made his home his eternal resting place.

If you recall, in the Ramayan, Dundoobhi, after challenging Varuna for a duel & being declined, then went to Himavan to challenge him, and Himavan sent him to Vali, complaining that he himself was too old.  But I'd imagine that Himavan would be immortal, and his end would only come w/ that of Bhumi devi, no?

Incidentally, if Himavan personifies the Himalayas, what does Mena personify?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vibhishna

Pooja_219 IF-Dazzler
Pooja_219
Pooja_219

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Thanks Sia for the lovely update.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sia889

priya_remix IF-Dazzler
priya_remix
priya_remix

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
I just loved this episode! Esp the shiv-parvati convo was the best!!! Mohit is awesome! Loved his expressions!
Vibhishna Goldie
Vibhishna
Vibhishna

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I had a different question somewhere else - is Mahadev regarded as a 'ghar-jamai' (a SIL who lives w/ his in-laws?)  Similarly, those who live w/ him - the ganas and so on - aren't they defined as having attained salvation?  Same would automatically be true for Himavan as well, no?  In this serial, they've made him a Vaishnav, which is ahistorical - he was a Shivaya, and Shiva living within his realm made his home his eternal resting place.

If you recall, in the Ramayan, Dundoobhi, after challenging Varuna for a duel & being declined, then went to Himavan to challenge him, and Himavan sent him to Vali, complaining that he himself was too old.  But I'd imagine that Himavan would be immortal, and his end would only come w/ that of Bhumi devi, no?

Incidentally, if Himavan personifies the Himalayas, what does Mena personify?

I don't know if Shiva was considered a ghar-jamai - I'd say no. Since he wasn't living in Himavan's palace itself, he wouldn't be, I think. The son-in-law can live in his father-in-law's country but still have his own house - that way he won't be considered ghar-jamai, right? Even if the son-in-law is the king of a vassal of his father in

I don't think anyone still alive can be defined as attained salvation. Unless a person gives up their body, they can't attain salvation or be condemned to hell (from what I understand). That's the reason people say that till a person lives, there is always a chance to attain salvation as it can't be done after death.

Probably Mena was included when Himavan personifies the Himalaya. And, yes, he is said to be immortal till the end of the Earth.

Edited by Vibhishna - 24 July 2012 at 8:28am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.-Tulips-

Go to top