Phir Subah Hogi

India-Forums

Phir Subah Hogi
Phir Subah Hogi

GULABIYA talks abt SARDAKKAI & da forum goes... (Page 7)

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rickks

Originally posted by hillydee

I think what Gulabiya said can be interpreted in different ways.

Some of us may not like her methods and some may see it as a natural and healthy reaction.  

However, I am sure we can all agree that she loves her daughter very very much. 

Sorry sweetheart but i am sure that those who want to INTERPRET it in different ways will, but the truth is there is only one INTERPRETATION to that scene, and why she made such a degrading statement. She did it because what Vikram was doing was worse then performing the SarrDakkai, and hence her suggestion. Recall what she said the first time...He was also like any normal Takur, only his method was different. " Maan ke chaadar mein lapetkar aap Sugni ka apmaan hi kar rahe hai na?"

The person in question is responding to Gulabiya's behavior and how that scene can be interepreted in either different ways. Why did Gulabiya respond in that way we all know it is because she was upset.  We also know she didn't see any difference between what he was doing and a Sardakai...I think everyone grasped this but if you spent time reading Hillydee's post, it was a very well argued piece and she is once again referring to Gulabiya's actions. So I don't see the purpose behind your post in terms of only one interpretation of this behavior? The arguements in question is this methodology the right one or the way to go? The answer is it depends. I wouldn't always shut down means of communication by insisting that only one interpretation exists for every scene and that's ones own. That would be called dictating to people and this is a forum where everyone has the right to engage in interpretating scenes as they feel fit. If they can provide a good argument for their point, that's all that matters.

Edited by Laila2009 - 25 July 2012 at 6:40am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Hillylove

rickks IF-Sizzlerz
rickks
rickks

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by pinkydiva

Finally a sensible post. Thankyou so much for highlighting what the scene was and what Gulabiya's words meantSmileClap
And so what off the 1000s of posts here? None of them are sensible?

Hey why are you getting so offensive...That wasn't meant for you was it?

Doesn't matter;' it's a public forum and nothing was said that this post was exclusively for you and no-one should comment.

The person in question like you put it mentioned it to to me the Topic Maker why would you wanna pick up on that...Just because its a Public forum does not mean that you have to take a dig at everything...
DD_Maaneet4ever Senior Member
DD_Maaneet4ever
DD_Maaneet4ever

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by pinkydiva

Finally a sensible post. Thankyou so much for highlighting what the scene was and what Gulabiya's words meantSmileClap
And so what off the 1000s of posts here? None of them are sensible?

No...You have a problem with that? Confused With regard to Gulabiya's words i did no find any other post as sensible as this one and so i mentioned it... Its purely my opinion...
rickks IF-Sizzlerz
rickks
rickks

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

If my memory serves me right, Gulabiya was normally the first to resign to Sardhakai in the past where Sugni was concerned. It is Sugni's determination to let her see the light, why she suddenly started supporting Sugni.

If my memory serves me right, Sugni from day one has been shown as a girl who wants to break free from the usual rithi-riwaj that's happening in bundelkand and Gulabiya has always supported Sugni's Dream. She was the only person who supported her daughter and not once forced her into doing Rai or for that matter anything that Sugni does not want to do...in-spite of knowing that her daughter was dreaming big, she always supported that dream and her daughter.

Also, Vikram made Sugni feel bad when she almost gave in to her 'fate.'  So no matter how wrong Vikram is, he never wanted Sugni to live the life of a Bedni, and he never looked down on Bednis. 

I know that is why Vikram is hell bent on not telling the truth because he does not want Sugni to see her fate as a Bedni.  Of course with the fact that he does not want to lose her.  Lying is wrong, but I am not in Vikram's situation.  It did not help matters when Sugni said she would kill herself if he was wrong.

Yes i agree that Vikram is not in support of the Bedini System, but can you tell me what he is actually trying to do now. His wife is alive, he has not let Sugni know this truth, he has kept her in darkness and is planning on marrying Sugni. Which means when the first wife is alive, he is making Sugni his second wife, as per Hindu Marriage act Sugni's marriage to Vikram will be considered equivalent to NONEXISTENT plus Sugni will always seen in a Bad Light. Was this what Sugni wanted? No and Vikram very well knows this. Doesn't he? If the truth will be out Sugni as she claims will anyway commit suicide so when he cannot doing anything then, what will he be able to do now by keeping her in darkness?

I was very disappointed at Gulabiya statement and yes I voiced it very clearly, because she of all persons should not even say that those words, no matter what point she was trying to make.

I thought she told the plain truth right on his face. What he was trying to do and Justify in the name of Love she just gave a name to it.

That is an insult to even mention that on behalf of Sugni.  She could have voiced her anger in every other way, but not mention selling her daughter, no matter what point she was trying to make. 

You see it as an Insult...I don't. What Vikram was doing was actually insulting Sugni as a person, her dreams and her love. He was betraying her trust and hope she had instilled in him. Gulabiya just termed what Vikram was doing.

Her delivery in how she handles Vikram was not very mature.  She escalated the situation. You cant fight fire with fire, especially where your child is concerned. 

This i agree. But when, like you said when its about your Kid nobody thinks and especially when the context is like what is mentioned in the show. You can't fight fire with fire and i agree and i am sure Gulabiya has learned her lesson which is why she chose to change her tactic.

As I have mentioned more than once, not one of those Thakurs who treated the Bednis like nothing, ever started out nice to them and help their family.  They did the whole marriage thing, just to put perfume on what they were really doing, but at the end of the day, these women meant nothing to them.  Plus they were paid for their services per night.

Vikram started out just being nice to Sugni and her family, I am sure he did even know why he felt so drawn to help them initially.  He never ever wanted to see Sugni do the Rai dance,even at Adi and Amrita's engagement, and she tried to convince him that she was doing it for him, and he still did not agree.

The way i see it what Vikram is doing is just the same...I mentioned this a zillion times and am repeating it once again " Maan ke chaddar mein lapet kar aap bhi Sugni ka apmaan hi toh kar rahe hai". Vikram may not pay her, but by marrying Sugni like this is equivalent to her not being his WIFE.

If Gulabiya really wanted to help, she could have taken the time out to hear Vikram out, right away she said he was lying about recently knowing about his wife.

Check out their confrontation scene once again, Gulabiya did not say that he was lying about recently knowing about his wife. Instead when he made this statement she asks him after knowing that his wife is actually alive why did he not tell Sugni about it?

As a parent, one must think about the greater good for their child, deciding who your child should be with, does not necessarily mean you are doing it in their best interest, whether you realise or not.  Children have to make their own choices, whether we like it or not.  She said her piece many times, Sugni did not hear, all she had to do was have faith and calmly figure out how to solve the situation. 

With all due respect only when you are a Mother (You not hinting to just "YOU") would you know and feel what it would be like to be in that situation. No Parent, in fact no mother will keep her eye shut after knowing the truth and wait till her daughter takes a decision. Ab karein kya Mothers are like that. Just because they have faith and belief in their child, they would never sit with arms crossed for the bad to happen.

Sugni is a sensible girl, and Vikram may not have the right method, but they both feel they are in love, and Gulabiya need to take more time out to realise that and act sensibly in this situation. Ranting and raving and using words like selling her daughter to make her point, will not solve anything, only distance Sugni more, and frustrate Vikram into keeping the lie. So, whether or not Gulabiya is a Mother and we are trying to see her point of view, for me the fact still remains her methods are not wise.

Sugni is a sensible girl, but is blinded by her love and respect for Vikram, which from her POV are true,because she has not seen the other part of him, the only witness to the true Vikram is Gulabiya...She will adapt to any method to fight for her daughter and that's exactly what she is doing...As for Gulabiya acting Sensible...I think from now on she will act Smartly she has already started that with the hospital seq...Chalo lets see where this is going to take her

Just my two cents, not meant to offend anyone.

None taken.

My comment in Blue...
XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

Sorry sweetheart but i am sure that those who want to INTERPRET it in different ways will, but the truth is there is only one INTERPRETATION to that scene, and why she made such a degrading statement. She did it because what Vikram was doing was worse then performing the SarrDakkai, and hence her suggestion. Recall what she said the first time...He was also like any normal Takur, only his method was different. " Maan ke chaadar mein lapetkar aap Sugni ka apmaan hi kar rahe hai na?"

Exactly!  There is only one correct interpretation...I don't understand why we're having to explain it.  How are people taking this the wrong way...and why are we even having this discussion?  lol

I'm shocked and confused.  But w/e.  
XAiShBaBy08X Goldie
XAiShBaBy08X
XAiShBaBy08X

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 2:33pm | IP Logged

@ Laila2009- XAiShBaBy08X comment was to me...Why are you feeling offended...I am sure she did not quote anybody and her reply was in context with what i had written.

@ XAiShBaBy08X - I have no issues with your comments and infact enjoyed reading and quoting them, pls continue

My comment was definitely a reply to you.  I wasn't offending anyone else.  Thanks for understanding this and defending me.  Smile
Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
This is why I had taken a long break from posting.  You make a post, and someone is always trying to force their opinion down your throat.  I  made my post, I have no apologies to make.  
I have never tried to tear down anyone's post, I expect the same respect. I watch show from day one, and I give my perspective, end of conversation.

Thanks Laila, another ridiculous forum again.

Not worth it. 

Laila2009

Hillylove IF-Dazzler
Hillylove
Hillylove

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
@Rickss give your opinion on my post, no problem but don't force your opinion on me. I find that very offensive. 

Laila2009

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index