Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

No Kareena for Chennai Express'-Rohit Shetty (Page 3)

TINA! IF-Rockerz
TINA!
TINA!

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
better not be prachiDead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

MaSqUeRaDe Goldie
MaSqUeRaDe
MaSqUeRaDe

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Kareena Kapoor

Director Rohit Shetty has quashed rumours of Kareena Kapoor being cast opposite Shah Rukh Khan in his next project Chennai Express and says that the leading lady will be zeroed in soon.

"I have not really (approached Kareena Kapoor), she knows what I am making. I might do something else with Kareena," Shetty told PTI, in an exclusive interview.

Grapevine is abuzz that Deepika Padukone is likely to feature opposite King Khan in the film.

"Just wait for ten days and then everyone will come to know who it is. In ten days time, we will announce about our heroine," he said.

Interestingly for Shetty, Chennai Express is the first film where he will be working without his close buddy Ajay Devgn. In all the eight films that Shetty has directed till date, Ajay has been a common factor but the director says that making an exception with CE, should not be taken otherwise .

"There is no fight, there is no negativity happening between us. We are working together for 'Singham 2'. I don't think people should question the bond we share," Shetty said.

Ask him if there is any scope where he can have Ajay Devgn doing a cameo in the film, the 39-year-old director says, "Not really as the script is almost ready. In two months we will start shooting."

Chennai Express will go on floors from the end of September and release would happen mid-next year.

The film will be a total commercial - "Rohit Shetty style", where one would get to see his signature style like cars blowing up.

"I do all those things (blowing up cars and all) for kids as they enjoy it. It became a trademark for all films. All this will happen in 'Chennai Express' as well ...but not blowing up the trains," he chuckled.

'Chennai Express' is a story about a man who travels from Mumbai to Rameshwaram and what happens during the journey, is what the film is about.

"It is not totally a train journey film, it is something else as well and there is a reason why the name of the film is Chennai Express. Like only 15-20 minutes of the film is in the train, it is not like where the whole film is happening inside the train. I can't talk much about the film as it is too early," Shetty said.

Meanwhile, Shetty is too happy with the repines his last release, 'Bol Bachchan' (July 6), a romantic-comedy inspired by 1979 film 'Golmaal', has received from the audience and at the box office.

'Bol Bachchan' starring Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Asin and Prachi Desai, earned over Rs 100 crore at the box office.

"We were not making frame-to-frame copy of Golmaal. When you see Bol Bachchan'one can't compare it frame-by-frame with that film. There was a reason why we took the rights (of Golmaal) as there is Golmaal happening inside Bol Bachchan. The basic idea came from Golmaal but we have made it into our own film," Shetty said.

"Critics I was dead sure they would give one or two stars and the film will do well at the box office. I don't read reviews. All I knew we have made a good film and we were sure people will like it. I made a film to entertain audience and what is wrong in making people happy," he said.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Charmed-abby_girl30Terenaina

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
it seems like forever since I seen shahrukh with dp...om shanti om days...sigh can't wait to see them together once again

Nkapoor3

pakeezah IF-Sizzlerz
pakeezah
pakeezah

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged

when prachi desai herself has not issued any statement re being in Chennai Exp

whose is doing all this hullaballoo?

And if its Prachi well done Rohit. because we need a heroine who does not do

item songs with half her artificial assets falling out of too short too tight tops

and flashing thunder thighs like theres no tomorrow.

We need at least ONE actress at the top who has a Hema / jaya

like image. Wehave ENOUGH and more actresses falling over each other

to flash bosoms and thighs and dance to disco songs.

Nkapoor3

Nkapoor3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Nkapoor3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:46pm | IP Logged

I thought DP was finalised.Is DP pregnant or getting married?

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Dp trying to sort out her dates since she wants to be part of four movies at the same time...lol

Go to top