Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Anjali loved the updates
Is Damini the secret girl of Prithvi?
continue soon
pia09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Anjali, awesum update. luved it. u have written the emotional scene so well. please continue soon.
gauravcha thumbnail
Hey Guys...here is the part 3...;)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Damini clutched her hands together and stared blindly through the side window, away from him. "I see. Is she an actress, too?" 

"No."

They'd come to the beach side road. He turned and joined the stream of traffic headed north. Suddenly the mood between them had darkened. With every mile, her agony increased. Agreeing to spend the rest of the day with him was the worst mistake of her life.
Damini forced her lips to say something :"Prithvi, I—"

"Don't worry," he cut her off. "We don't have a long drive. I promise a lunch to you."

Damini protested : "I ate at the party."

Prithvi with little smile, his eyes on the road :"One spoon or so. I watched."

She took a ragged breath, not knowing what to say. His behavior was so different than usual. Always before he'd treated her like a cherished friend. But ever since she'd backed into his car, it felt as if everything had changed. In some indefinable way, he'd changed.

The next sign came into view. beach lay just curve in the highway. Damini could still remember standing on beach side deck, trying to imagine what it would be like to live in such a paradise with a family you loved. At that point in time, Prithvi hadn't arrived on the scene yet. What an irony that, almost two years later, she discovered herself sitting next to the man of her dreams. She studied the view. 

"Here we are," Prithvi broke in on her thoughts. He'd turned left at the light and had driven them into the parking area of a private villa on the ocean side of the highway. There were a dozen workmen moving about. The place was obviously undergoing major renovations. He read the question in her eyes.

"Once this was a seven start guest house. As you can see, a lot of it was scorched, and some of the rooms partially destroyed by fire. I bought it for a good price over the holidays."

This was one of his unfinished projects?, she thought.

A good price in a beach area was probably in some crores. But Sameer had told her that because three different television networks had wanted to sign up Prithvi, he'd been offered the kind of a salary to afford the very best, and he'd taken it. 

Prithvi got out of the car and walked around her side to help her down. Every time he touched her, even if it was just to assist her to the ground as he was doing now, she felt it to the very bones of her body.

Prithvi : "Come inside. One of the rooms has been drywalled so I can use it to work."

Damini joked : "Are you a famous artist I should know about? Or maybe an art dealer who's planning a new opening?"

He stared at her through wide eyes. "Neither one." He extended his hand. "Hold on to me while we make our way through—it's a maze of building materials at the moment."

Damini was glad for his support. With almost every step she needed to be careful as he guided her past the weathered-looking stones a workman was fitting into place in front of the building. Two men worked in harmony tiling the roof. With his help, she reached some wooden steps leading into the shell of a small room with a stone fireplace at one end. The bank of windows facing the ocean was covered by plastic so you couldn't see the view. Another group of workmen were putting in dark wooden beams across the ceiling. They nodded to him.

"Watch your step," he cautioned Damini as they stepped down another makeshift wooden staircase at the opposite end of the room. It led into another smaller room with a patio table and a couple of lawn chairs. Plastic sheeting prevented her from looking out at the ocean.

Prithvi seated her. "Take a look through this. I'll be right back."

Intrigued, she opened the looseleaf binder he pushed in front of her. It was full of photographs mounted beneath transparent overlays. The yellowish color on the edges of the pictures told her they'd been taken a long time ago. She loved the ancient stone fireplace and indoor tile trim running the length of the heavy beams that curved with age.In the front of the off-white villa was a delightful patio and fountain inlaid with stone. The whole place was smothered with overgrown vines and trees. By the time she"d looked at the last set of photos, which included a much younger Prithvi and his grandparents, she marveled to realize he was recreating that same villa kind of villa here , the kind that looked several hundred years old but that photo villa was in Manali near a beautiful lake.

He came up behind her and put a can of cola on the table next to her. "What do you think?"

Her heart gave a strong kick. "When this is finished, you will have captured the enchantment of your grandparents' kind of home. I absolutely adore it. How long do you think it will be before you and the woman you love can live here?"

She'd decided to come right out with it so he wouldn't think she was getting any romantic ideas about him. He sat down opposite her and began drinking from his can. She watched him, enjoying the sight of him relaxed and seemingly content. Everything about him was beautiful. Too beautiful.

After he put his empty can on the table, she felt his penetrating gaze. "We won't be living here."

His comment set her straight with a vengeance. "I don't understand."

"This is going to be an Orphan Kid's home."

"an Orphanage Home, you mean?"

"That's right. I'll just occupy the study room as a office to run my "Security Business" and She'll help me run the place.and the rest place will be for the kids"

Damini : "Your business ?"

"I do have." He pulled the looseleaf binder toward him and pointed to one of the pictures. "You see that board behind me (indicating a "Security company name board in the photo)?"

"Yes"

"My father run a small Security firm there for many years."

"You never told me that before."

"I thought I did. I did Security training from him."

"Well, I remember you saying something about that, but I had no idea you meant you learned it for a business."

He nodded. "He taught me everything about live, business, everything. It was a sad day when  he passed away. My mother stopped wanting to live in the villa. She died within the year."

She lowered her head for a moment. "How hard that must have been for you."

"You would know," he murmured. "The place was so full of memories, and so empty, I couldn't stay there alone.So I put it in the hands of a Realtor to rent, and I came here for work so that to divert my mind."

"I can relate to wanting to leave." No wonder Prithvi was being so solicitous of her today. His ties to his parents were as great as hers to her parents. She loved him that much more for being sensitive to her needs.

No man she'd ever met could measure up to Prithvi. Damini was shattered by his admission that he was deeply in love with someone else.

"There are plenty of orphanage home, but this one is not for them, for me you can say" he continued to explain, unaware of her agony. "."

How come he'd waited all these months before confiding this kind of personal information to her? When she thought of the many talks they'd had…

"What brought you to Mumbai?" Even though she knew there was this important woman in his life, Damini couldn't prevent herself from asking more questions. As long as he was giving her the opportunity, she had this incurable need to learn everything and anything about him.

BENEATH his dark brows, Prithvi's black gaze trapped Damini's. "You fell into acting by chance. So did I."

Damini in surprise : "How did it happen?"

"I worked under for your mom as his security head's assistance but when her Security head left the job. Illa ji offered me the job and I took it as blessing. It meant good experience for me, which I badly needed to support myself and the business to be develop." he noticed a complete surprising look in her face.

Damini with surprised "You worked for us, I mean for mommmaaa..I was not aware of that..."

Prithvi with little smile: "That's because you were in abroad for studies during that time and besides that Illa ji never treated me as an employee but a son"

"Than's how you got on TV?? Prithvi Saxena?" She couldn't believe it.

His smile reached his eyes. "Illa ji went a a business to deal with in London where I followed her of course, There someone noticed me and asked Illaji if she can help him to convince me act in his new TV show.and you knew your momma, she was a sttuburn. She showed her faith in me as a mother so I could not denied her wish.

"I'd call that destiny," she whispered in a shaky voice.

"I didn't know it at the time, but I do now. You're absolutely right. It was destiny." Prithvi added with a husky voice.

She had an idea he wasn't talking about his career alone. "Then this woman you love isn't from Manali?"

Prithvi :"Who told you she was?"
She confessed : "No one. But you know how people gossip. I heard you were committed to someone, so I just assumed as much."

He leveled his all-encompassing gaze on her. "If that were the case, I would never have left Manali in the first place. As it was, I needed a total change of scene. Mumbai seemed the right destination for me.

"I saved a old lady from few robbers in a roadside way where Illaji noticed me for the first time and she offered me the job, I jumped at the chance to see another part of the life and make a decent salary."

Damini was feeling awkward but managed to gave him a smile. 

Prithvi nodded. "She gave me a strenght to survive during my grief day as a mother and than as a friend and push me to edge to do the best in my career in acting too but you see I m not an actor by heart so I belive whatever I did was just for your momm's sake.

"I know what you mean," Damini inserted. "If I'd been asked to play the role of Riya, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not an actress at heart. I couldn't act the part of a person of whom I didn't approve, even if it was all for film."

"That makes sense. The first few scripts I read didn't interest me either. In both cases I was supposed to play a mobster from the underworld. I didn't want to start out like that and then be typecast forever doing the same roles."

"You were smart and good." She smiled after saying the words.

"Not really. The truth is, they held no appeal. I wanted something different. Out of the blue my agent asked me if I could do "Prithvi for Love or mein. Since the character was as simmiliar as me so that was easy. I just potrayed him myself and he took matters from there."

Damini smiled. "As my momma told me, you're the hardworker she ever met." She'd said a lot of other wonderful things about him, too, but Damini didn't dare tell Prithvi or he would realize how deep her feelings for him went.

"It's because of her faith in me. I got the part of Prithvi or wherever I m because of her only.
gauravcha thumbnail
Continuation of part 3 ...

---------------------
"It's because of her faith in me. I got the part of Prithvi or wherever I m because of her only.

She said quietly "You deserved it."

He studied her for a minute before nodding his dark head. "It tore me apart to leave Manali first. It tore me apart to stay from my parents."

"I'm sorry you had to be in that kind of pain, Prithvi. No wonder you played the part of the show so convincingly. Many times during our scenes I felt it and knew it had to come from someplace deep within you."

She kneaded her hands beneath the table. "Are you fine now?"

"Of course. No one stays in that dark grief forever. One day I took a drive and ended up here. The minute I saw this damaged villa, I could visualize my parents's villa. It would be like planting an old vine in new ground.

"Once that idea took hold, I never let go of it. By December, I had enough money saved to make an offer on the property. A new year present to myself."He blinked as to light the moment.

Her eyelids prickled with unshed tears. "It's a fantastic plan. But—"

"But what?" he broke in.

"There's always a peace, No public, This side of beach area'is not ...you know...too remotelly...lonely

"I'm aware of that fact. The Realtor warned me I might find myself alone in a few days, or even be forced to buy a new house in the main town area." He found himself admitting. He leaned toward her. "It doesn't worry me. As long as I have my memories, I can rebuild anywhere. and of course this area is so peaceful and that would help kids to grow in peace, love and care"

She averted her eyes. "I'm sorry I brought it up. Believe me, I didn't mean to sound negative. More than anything I want your project to be a great success."

Prithvi  : "I know you do, and I appreciate your concern."

"What are you going to call this orphanage?" She asked.

"PRINDA." He replied proudly with smile.

"PRINDA??" Her eyes lifted to his face once more.

"That's right. Bird you see, Free bird..who live happily with indepence and fly high on sky."

Damini :"Sounds good, your parents will be proud of you"

He smile and added : In case you have not noticed "the name have first 3 alphabet of my name too...(giving her his best smile)

Damini smiled in reply. Damini was enjoying their exchange too much. "So…how will you fulfill your dreams to run a busy business, orphanage and balance your acting career at the same time?"

He closed the cover of the looseleaf binder before flashing her a piercing glance. "No one told you yet?"

She frowned. "Told me what?"

"I didn't renew my contract. I've left the show, just like you."

Prithvi had left the show? she thought in shocked.

"Today was my last day, too." He answered the question she hadn't voiced yet because she was so stunned.

"Your news has to be this year's best kept secret—" she tried to joke.

Prithvi : "That surprises me. Usually everything leaks out."

Damini :"Not this time!"

She took a deep breath while she tried to sort through this new development. Except that what he did or didn't do was no longer supposed to be of any consequence to her. He was in love with someone else!

Damini ""What are the writers going to do about your character in the show?"

"As I told you earlier today, he'll be in his honeymoon and rest I don't know" He replied in teasing sense. 

"Do you mean, your character w'll also be gone, and no one knows where he went." Prithvi spread his hands. "That's as much as Sameer would tell me."

Damini started to laugh. "Oh, god. I can't wait to watch the twist, Sameer is planning to bring."

Prithvi chuckled. "I can't either. Sameer is the best at being the worst."

Though they shared an amusing moment, Damini was dying inside. He wouldn't be on the show anymore. From here on out the woman who loved him and had the right to love him would claim his undivided attention.

It was still too much for her to process all at once. She had dozens more questions to ask, not knowing where to start first. "H-how soon do you expect to open for business?" she stammered.

"Two months. Hopefully six weeks, but that would probably be pushing it."

"I see. Are you going to live in here afterwards, or commute from City to work here only?" Her momma had contacted a friend who'd helped him find a good apartment there, that much she knew about his apartment.

"That depends on a variety of factors. I'll worry about it later. Right now my main concern is to get this place ready. I'm of two minds how to treat the windows. I've known you quite a while and have discovered we have similar tastes in a lot of things. I'd like your opinion."

Damini protested :"But I'm not going to work or live here!"

"You're a girl with a girl's instincts for what works, what would you suggest, if you would live here or for the orphan kids"

"What does your girlfriend think?" Damini tried to smile.

"I'm asking you," he asserted. "When you walk in here two months from now, do you want to be able to see the ocean through a wall of glass?"

Damini looked around : "It would not be good for those kids who'will come from all over the pain and will live here, beacuse sea will remind them of lonelyness, if they will see it more than often."

Prithvi in surprised tone : "It is.??"

She frowned and reached for the looseleaf binder and opened it to the page she wanted him to see. "It's so delightful to discover this adorable patio room partially hidden by all the greenery. You should give them a feel of home...a safe home ...where they can forget all their fears, sadness and feel the warm love and happiness. Ocean side is good for their playing and all but you know, at last everyone want to be at home, safe and happy. No distractionss...

Prithvi : " Sounds interesting."

Damini with little surprise : "So you believe my idea will work?"

Prithvi : "You don't need me to tell you that. Of course, it will..I trust you...(he pause for a moment than asked her) :"Will you help?"

Damini stopped looking the binder because it had just dawned on her she'd been missing something for the last couple of minutes in his voice and looked up to face him. A smile lurked around his lips. She felt like an idiot.

"Sorry, me and help. I don't think a good idea... When you asked for my opinion, you didn't know you were going to be treated to a full-blown lecture.and beside that I think you should follow advice of your girl friend after all..(she trailed offf)"

His hand reached across the table to cover hers. He squeezed gently before letting it go again, but the warmth of his touch remained.

Prithvi : "After playing opposite the strong and timid Chandini, who was always proud of herself and rough, it's refreshing to be with Damini Gujraal, whose idea for life is very down to earth, seeing her fears, care n depth of emotions. Your instinctive response was exactly what I needed to hear. I happen to agree with you about everything you said."

Damini noticed he did not comment on his girl friend advice part but ignored  : "I'm glad. What you're going to achieve here will automatically guarantee you success."

His white smile turned her heart over. "A majority of two. That's all I've been waiting for to go full speed ahead with the rest of my plans. Come on." He got up from the table and came around to help her. "Let's make use of the rest of this day and find me a architecture and instruct him as per your advice."

He took the looseleaf binder from the table and tucked it under his free arm. "After we"re through with our business, I'll take you to dinner as my way of saying thank you for your input. "I know a place near by famous for seafood.

Prithvi kept astonishing her with what he knew and remembered about her and her mommaa's favorite seafood. For him to go to this much trouble to help her get through this difficult day, he truly must have felt indebted to her momma.But since Prithvi was in love with someone else, Damini decided that their going out to dinner together was the wrong thing to do for everyone concerned.

Damini : "If you really want to pay me back, I can think of a better way to do it."
She noticed his face's expression changed with hurt and he asked : "Name it."

Damini with a smile : "Why don't you bring your girlfriend to my mansion this evening and cook us a real meal? Not only do I want to test out your chef skills which I know is very good, I'd also like to meet the woman who captured the heart of the man behind so much famous persona."

There—now he would know Damini wasn't living in some fantasy world where he was attainable. His eyes seemed to glitter for a moment. "You'd really like to meet her?"

"Of course. More important, I would imagine she would like to meet me. At least I would if I were in her shoes."

Prithvi with little dissapointment : "She's never said."

"Maybe not, but it couldn't have been easy to watch you romancing me all these months."

Prithvi with proud tone : "She doesn't watch soaps."

Damini tried to cheer him with with teasing tone:"I wouldn't either if the man I loved were acting in one. I could forgive it because it was the career he?d chosen. But I couldn't forgive him for going out to dinner alone with his romantic co-star. Not even if he felt obliged to be nice to her because of her mommaa's kindness to him."

His raised his hands in surrender : "You"re an exceptional woman, Damini. Are you really ready to face my cooking skills for the very first time?"

Damini : "yuupp.  What about your girlfriend?"
Prithvi : "Her experience has been the same as yours."

Damini was stunned. "You haven't cooked for her yet too?"

Prithvi : "I've been waiting for her to ask me."

Damini : "But you're a good cook as far I know, everyone talked about it!"

Prithvi in teasing tone :"Yes I am as per them and I guess everyone is not lucky to taste my special food."

Damini teased in reply: "You mean your girl friend is unlucky so I am.?"
Prithvi : "Thank you. That's the word.but the truth is she has not shown her interest in my cooking till now"

She bit her lip before looking at him. "Has it hurt your feelings that your girlfriend hasn't shown an interest in your cooking?"

He hunched his broad shoulders. "We've had shared more important things than food."

"But it's what you love to do beside your work! It's part of who you are!" she cried as he helped her across the parking into his car.

"I'm touched that you care." He placed the looseleaf binder between them.

"Of course I care! We've put in full days together at the studio on a weekly basis for the 2-3 year. I've spent
more time with you than any other friend who've come and gone from my life."

Prithvi with curiosity : "Have there been many?"

"A few, but naturally you're important to me in a completely different way. I can't wait to taste your 
cooking food."

Her comments seemed to make him happy. "In that case, I can promise the three of us a real treat."

The three of us. You,ve done it now, Damini thought in her heart.

But meeting the woman he loved was the only way to cure her illness. That was what she had to do. Walk through the fire tonight so she'd be able to survive the rest of her life. Love is a battlefield she reminded herself and smile.

Two hours later they left from architecture's office who promised to have work on Prithvi and Damini's idea and to be complete the villa in a few days.

Unfortunately Damini would never see the drawings, blueprints or the villa. In order to put Prithvi in the past where he belonged, she couldn't afford to do anything that reminded her of him. Under no circumstances would she drive by his Villa months from now to see the finished product. It would hurt too much.

"Hungry?" he asked as they passed a drive-in.

"I'm starving. I'm sure you are, too. But this is like Thanks giving for me. I want to be ready to enjoy my first real meal to the fullest cooked by you, so I'm not going to do anything to take the edge off my appetite."

His dark eyes gleamed. "Then we'll hurry and buy our groceries. On the way to your mansion and also pick up your car on the way.

Damini : "That's right! I forgot all about it. Thank you for reminding me."

mddmayuri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey anjali...
ur updates always makes me happy...
thanks a lot for this prida ff...
and coming to the ud...SUPERB UD...
waiting for their real treat...
ud soon
M_n_h thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
awesome updates Anjali
loved them
continue soon
pia09 thumbnail
Hi Anjali, luved the update. waiting eagerly for the next when prithvi will propose damini. pl. continue soon.
gauravcha thumbnail
Part 4 Enjoy...

Damini : "That's right! I forgot all about it. Thank you for reminding me."

"You're welcome."

In relatively little time they pulled into the parking lot of a super market in a mall. By now it was five o'clock. Once again he came around and helped her down. It seemed automatic for him to cup her elbow as he guided
her into grocery store to store.

An mid age woman at the cheese counter called out greetings to them. Prithvi answered in a polite way and a short
conversation in his style. The girl clerk nodded several times.

Damini watched in fascination as he chose his produce with infinite care, explaining as he went that only for the best things to pick up. They left the checkout counter with their arms full of groceries. He put the packets in the back side of the car and then they went to pick off her car.

Prithvi : "I'll follow you back to your mansion."

She paused before getting out of the his car. "What about your girlfriend? Aren't you going to pick her up first?"
Prithvi with smile : "It's more important to get our meal started. At some point she'll join us."

"All right," she said in a quiet voice. "I'll hurry."

It was a good thing Damini had been so upset last night. In the hope of working off enough excess energy to fall
asleep, she'd given herself tough time in clearing her mansion. Little had she realized she would be entertaining Prithvi and his girlfriend tonight. Never had she missed her momma presence more. Mommma would have helped Damini get through the coming evening's bitter experience with grace.

If she had one thing to be grateful for, her momma's kitchen was well equipped who enjoyed her cooking, she also tried to teach few magic receipee to Damini but She failed. Damini smiled at the memory. 

Prithvi shouldn't have too much trouble finding the things he needed to prepare their dinner. By the time she'd parked her car in the garage and let herself in the mansion, Prithvi was buzzing her from his car asking for her help in carrying the bags.

"Come on in." She took one of the bag from him. He followed her through the hall to kitchen where they set everything down on the countertop. 

"Since you've been here many times before, you know your way around. Please feel free as your own home ."

Prithvi bid "Thank you." and excused himself for washroom to freash up a bit.

How different their situation at this point in time. Her momma was gone, and his girlfriend would be joining them at any minute. The sooner she got here, the better. Being alone with Prithvi was not a good idea at all…

As she was removing the last of the items from the bag he entered the kitchen and came to stand next to her.
His nearness had the effect of changing the rhythm of her breathing.

"What can I do to help?" she blurted.

He plucked the oil from the rest of the items. "For fried rice, I'll need a pan."

In a jerky movement, she opened one of the bottom cupboards and handed him the kind of pan he wanted.

Damini with a smile :"Here you go. What else can I do?"

Prithvi said casually : "Slice those onions for me."

While she found the chopping board and a knife, he poured some oil in the pan and set it on the burner. Then he
reached for a mixing bowl and started his work. He worked fast. It was fascinating to watch him use the knife so expertly. She felt his total concentration on what he was doing.

After washing her hands, she got started on her task. Pretty soon tears were streaming down her face. He
glanced at her out of the corner of his eye and chuckled.

Prithvi : "I should have told you to put a little piece of chocolate in your mouth. It helps prevent the tears 

Damini : "I didn't know that! Was it one of your mother's tricks?"

Prithvi : "No. My father's. Otherwise he couldn't stay in the kitchen to help."

She wiped her eyes with her fingers. "How fun those times must have been."

He opened the package of spices and mixing them. "You know how it is when you're young. You don't
appreciate how happy you are until those times are gone."

"You're right. I didn't particularly love to weed, but, when I look back on it now, those times with Daddy were
priceless." She took the board of onions over to him.

He darted her an intense look. "Are you sure you're not a professional cook? You did those just right." He poured
them into the hot oil to soften them up.

That was how his compliment made her feel. Soft and eager for the attention he showered on her. So far it had
been a magical day. But reality would hit as soon as his girlfriend arrived. She needed to get here before Damini forgot Prithvi had been entertaining her for the sole purpose of making her cut-off day from the studio bearable.
With deft movements, he engaged himself in his cooking. 

"Now for the most important ingredient." He annouced while looking at her face.

He knew she was mesmerized by everything he said and did.

Damini : "What is it?"

"A few teaspoons of this (while taking lemon juice) and your perfect smile (he blinked while adding the lemon juice in his receipe.

She knew he was trying to make her smile so she just smiled in reply and added : "well I'd better hurry and set the table."

She put out three place mats and decorate the table for three of them. Prithvi had searched until he'd found his
favourite juice can in fridge. No doubt it went superbly with the meal he'd planned, so she placed three
juice glasses next to their water glasses.

They worked in harmony getting everything ready to put on the table. Faint from hunger, she could have eaten
the whole ball of fried rice he called Prithvi special.

Damini had placed him at the head of the table. She flicked him a glance after he'd seated her and teased. "I feel honored the master chef is dining with me, too."

"I'm the one who's honored." He poured juice into both their glasses.
"Prithvi—we really shouldn't start until your girlfriend gets here."

"Yes, we should," he came back forcefully. "This meal is ready to be eaten. To wait would ruin it. Try this (he selected one of his item) before you taste anything else, even your juice. That way you'll detect its unique flavor. I want your opinion."

She looked at him with pleading. "Is this another test to decide if you'll be offering this dish to your girl friend?" She teased.

"Yes."

"You don't really mean that." she cried.

The glimmer in his eyes unsettled her. "You're my tester. It may be one of my favorite dishes, but if you
find it an acquired taste, I need to know immediately."

She lowered her head and refused to comment on his tester remark but instead she replied : . "I don't think I want the responsibility."

"Now you're sounding like Chandini who is not sure about herself around a family, who is afraid of being a home lady. I thought she'd gone away."

"I'm afraid there's more Chandini in me than you realize in that way. I am not a home lady kind of materila,...you know...for example I too don't know cooking or any other girly stufff."

Prithvi in teasing tone : "yaa I know, you are not girly I guess...that is why you asked me to marry you?"

"No. That part was totally out of character thanks to Sameer and his writing staff." She replied with irritation.

"But you have to admit it got her what she wanted in the end." he continued.

Damini :"True."

"Come on. Live dangerously and take a bite," he said in a husky tone. One taste before swallowing and Damini said, "You don't need me or anyone to tell you how delicious this is. The flavor and texture are out of this world."
He gave her a smile she'd never seen before, as if her opinion truly mattered to him. For a moment she caught a
glimpse of the little boy he once was who would have been so anxious to please his parents.

"Now drink a little juice, then try the rice."
Prepared to do anything for him, she obeyed his command.

"Food is really awesome, Prithvi, I really did not expect this. (she noticed his raies eyebrow on her confession but she continued) Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to enjoy it the way I want."

He threw back his head and laughed while she proceeded to eat everything in sight.

"You eat too fast," he observed when she finally put down her fork with a sigh of contentment.
"I couldn't help it. It was your fault. Oh, I don't care if you believe me or not. That was the best meal I've
ever eaten in my life. You know what I think?"

HIs black eye brow raised.

"In any case you change your mind about your security agency, try your cooking skilss in business, I am sure you will get success and I assure you that people who will have your food would feel That way just like I do."

Damini realised how much she appreciated his cooking when he asked bluntly : "And how is that?"

She tried to say something to express her feeling : "Like ...Like...Ohh...I don;t have word..its the best food I ever had."

He wiped the corner of his mouth with his napkin. "I am flattered...really I am..Damini.

Their eyes locked for a moment and he changed his gaze first " am I to presume you're ready for dessert? It is own favorite."

"Not yet!" Damini cried. "I couldn't. There's no room. Maybe when your girlfriend gets here."

"I expected her before now. It appears she's not coming after all."

"Because of me?"

He nodded slowly.

"But that's crazy, Prithvi!"
"Not really. The truth is, she's a lot like crazy, too timid and hesitant to fight for what she wants. I'm afraid our relationship is over."

Surprised, Damini pushed herself away from the table and stood up. "If she's jealous of me, she shouldn't be. I'd be happy to call her and tell her that nothing has ever gone on between us. if that is what she is thinking"

"She doesn't see it that way," Prithvi explained. "You'd never convince her otherwise. Frankly, neither does anyone else who knows you or me."

Her heart thudded sickeningly. "It doesn't matter what other people think. It's human nature to gossip. But I
wouldn't hurt your girlfriend for anything in the world. We should never have spent this day together. It's
only made matters worse for you." Her voice shook.

"You're wrong. The break had to come. Today was the right time to call it quits."
She clung to the chair back. "But earlier you told me it was very serious between you two."

Prithvi : "It was. However there's a big difference between serious, and doing something about it."

Damini :"Like what?"

Prithvi said bluntly : "Like getting married."

Damini : "You don't want to marry her?"

"No."

"I thought she was going to help you run your business, your orphage."

"I thought so, too, but obviously things have changed."

Damini started clearing the table. At the doorway to the kitchen she paused. "How long have you known her?"

Prithvi : "As long as I've known you."

"If you didn't want to marry her, why have you stayed in the relationship?"
Prithvi :"We'd both made a commitment and didn't want to go back on it."

"A-are you devastated that it's over?" she stammered.

"Not at all. If you want to know the truth, I'm relieved. Which brings me to the question I've been wanting to ask
you since you ran into my car."

At the mention of the accident, her pulse rate picked up speed. "Just a minute while I put these plates in the
dishwasher."

Prithvi :"I'll finish clearing."
The moment he got to his feet, she darted into the kitchen and started loading. With several trips he'd brought
everything in from the dining room. He put the remaining food in the fridge. In the act of wiping off the counter, she turned her head toward him. "What did you want to ask me?"

He studied her features for a moment. "Since you have a week before you join your business, how would you like to
spend it with me?"
She blinked. "You mean like help you in setting up your business and orphanage?"

"We could do that. I could help you also to settle down in your life. I'm your man..now...He added with a serious note.

"Aren't you being a little crazy? Your girlfriend must be shattered to think things are over between you."

"If she is, someone else is already waiting in the wings."
Damini stared at him. "Are you saying she was unfaithful to you?"

"No."

"Then maybe if you gave it a little more time—"

He shook his head. "It's finished, Damini. I'm ready to move on. You and I have both severed ties with the studio.
Something tells me you are as much at a loose end as I am right now."

His comment was so patently true, there was no point in denying it.
She drew in a deep breath. "I'm going to be honest with you about something, Prithvi."

He'd propped himself against the counter. "What's that?"

"I don't think we should see each other again after tonight."

Prithvi :"Give me a reason."

She folded her arms in defence : "Because it's not a good idea."
Prithvi :"That's not specific enough."

Damini thought where their conversation has gone upto..., she replied in defence : "For one thing, you're just coming out of a relationship."

Prithvi avoiding her every effort to change the topic: "Meaning what?"

Damini : "Meaning you're feeling vulnerable and…lonely."

"So I've turned to you because you're the most handy girl around, is that what you think?" He smoothed a
strand of her hair off her forehead. It caused her to tremble.

"It's true." She tried to change her view.

"What's so bad about two lonely, vulnerable people seeking each other out? We've been friends for a long time."

In a panic, she backed away from him. "That's the whole point. We're friends. Nothing more."

"Would you like it to be more?"

-Misek- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Anjali loved the FF... Thanks a lot for writing a new one..
pia09 thumbnail
Hi Anjali, luved the update. pl. continue.