India-Forums

... And now Curfew on Men by Panchayats (Page 2)

Rita.C Senior Member
Rita.C
Rita.C

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Stripping women anytime they cross the limit of a patriarchal society is fairly normal in northern Indian heartland
It's all about women being possessions, covered up and protected till the rules are followed, treated like animals when rules are not.

This is not to say there are not wonderful men out there in India who are as humanist as they come
Wht is everyone surprised ? It's just that it's being reported better now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*king*cs-07

-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Rita,

No one is suprised by the talibanistic mentality of Indian Men, especially the species bred in the north western part of the country; the point of the thread was slightly different. Due to the media attention the Khap Panchayats have been at last forced to move to restricting men and putting them in quarantine. Which is  a big first step towards combating the menace.

The second post was about how the men of this country have now begun carrying their disgusting behavior abroad and have begun shaming us in International Fora.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

znursinghcs-07charminggenie

Mia1love IF-Rockerz
Mia1love
Mia1love

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chitrashi

Rita,

The second post was about how the men of this country have now begun carrying their disgusting behavior abroad and have begun shaming us in International Fora.

it's just not in  China , everywhere they go , even here , in NY  and NJ.  i avoid areas Like Jackson Heights and Jersey city  , cuz of the  amount  of comments and stares these Pigs  pass towards Women in general , only beautiful thing about  NYers is that , they will step in and  stop the harassment if a woman is vocal about it . 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9znursinghcs-07-Purva-charminggenie

abc12345 Newbie
abc12345
abc12345

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mia1love

Originally posted by Chitrashi

Rita,

it's just not in  China , everywhere they go , even here , in NY  and NJ.  i avoid areas Like Jackson Heights and Jersey city  , cuz of the  amount  of comments and stares these Pigs  pass towards Women in general , only beautiful thing about  NYers is that , they will step in and  stop the harassment if a woman is vocal about it . 

yes. even here in andaman the men are like beasts
Picasso9 Goldie
Picasso9
Picasso9

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
The woman villager and her granddaughter in the debate, 'the big fight' on NDTV was an eye opener for me on the type of mentality one deals with in villages.  Here these two women were blaming women for their plight in society.  I loved the Commsioner of Police fromDelhi and his standpoint.  We need more men like him.

Here's the link.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-big-fight/should-there-be-any-diktat-on-dresses/240132

Mia1love IF-Rockerz
Mia1love
Mia1love

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by parri814

The woman villager and her granddaughter in the debate, 'the big fight' on NDTV was an eye opener for me on the type of mentality one deals with in villages.  Here these two women were blaming women for their plight in society.  I loved the Commsioner of Police fromDelhi and his standpoint.  We need more men like him.

Here's the link.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-big-fight/should-there-be-any-diktat-on-dresses/240132

Thank you sooo Much  for the Link !! 

I  was  completely speechless  and Horrified at the Grandma n her granddaughter mentality. 
I completely  Agree with one of the audience  person who said " India is a foreign friendly but not a women friendly nation" .  that  really shocked me . 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9

Rita.C Senior Member
Rita.C
Rita.C

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
all women need to take action by being strong and teaching the men folk around them to behave.
it's centuries of ingrained beliefs. and being economically independent for women is a good step though not at all a guaruntee of change.

having said that, I know amazing Indian men so i would be loath to paint everyone by the same brush.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Satyamev Jayate Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index