Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Heavy lifting : Monday : About Arnav's redemption (Page 3)

ipkkndholic IF-Rockerz
ipkkndholic
ipkkndholic

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ASRsweetKKG

these r my old 2 posts...
one about how ASR should b after knowing the truth & the other one is how khushi should after knowing the whole truth...
just go through my posts & read the comments i hav got there...
so u'll understand whether ASR's redemption track is need or not...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2825125

Thanks for sharing it.. Will look into it too.
What was the general  sentiment?

ipkkndholic IF-Rockerz
ipkkndholic
ipkkndholic

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by simran04

well said...Thumbs Up truly agree wid u!!!
Thanks you !! Smile
SaRun.ArHi Goldie
SaRun.ArHi
SaRun.ArHi

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
agree with u
GodhuliLogon IF-Sizzlerz
GodhuliLogon
GodhuliLogon

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged
no matter what happened this far I was strictly against redemption track.. a big red /yellow NO from me..

I also know the pain of being separated .. mistakes.. wrong timing.. above all fate..

so for arshi i  dont want  any separation but they should have revelations of all sorts of misdeeds and above all their love ..

rukuswasthika IF-Sizzlerz
rukuswasthika
rukuswasthika

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RamnVij

Hmmm...I get what you are trying to say- but I would like to partially disagree with you here. Yes, seeing a Loved one in pain causes us hurt as well. But if Arnav does not really repent and redeem himself for all the harsh words and actions he has inflicted on Khushi, will that not somewhere cause a barrier between them? And will it not encourage similar behavior from him in future? Or at least make him feel that Khushi is a pushover for such behavior?

I am not saying, that Khushi has to hold the past against him and make him grovel for the rest of their lives together. But in my opinion, he just HAS to make a genuine heartfelt apology for what he has done. It does not matter that she's already forgiven him, at least he needs to acknowledge that his actions were terrible?

Yes, marrying her forcefully was an act of desperation to protect his sister, and Khushi had erred in not having told him the full truth of Shyam beforehand. But didn't Arnav do wrong in not believing her when she did tell him everything? 

And after knowing the full truth of Khushi's innocence, Arnav still accusing her, (even if in a rage) of causing Shyam's cheating on his Di- that was a HUGE no-no. Fixing responsibility on the victim of a crazed obsessive maniac- in a small way, this is similar to people telling victims of molestation that what they wore, or how they behaved, invited the attack. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, I know its not the same thing, or in the same scale, but I do feel this blaming of Khushi, is a minor step in that way of thinking.

For that, if not for anything else, Arnav has to express his guilt and shame. But anyway- this is just what I feel, not meant as a personal attack on your opinion or the characters on the show for that matter.

i agree with u dear.but arnie has to be aware that he has hurt khushi very much and a heartfelt apology is needed.i am not saying that one should always brood over it but if one realise the intensity of the words hurled by him,he should feel sorry and express it.though khushi has forgiven,it does not mean she was not hurt at all.only when arnie genuinely feels his mistake,he would not repeat it again

Edited by rukuswasthika - 24 July 2012 at 12:25am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Cogito_Ergo_Sum IF-Rockerz
Cogito_Ergo_Sum
Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

@RamnVi:   i think u pretty much wrote what i was about to write after i read the 1st post...:-)

i don't want Khushi to be the one to hold the redemption demand! cz she loves him so much that she will forgive him even if he had tried to kill her!!

but if he loved her just as much, Arnav will find it hard to forgive himself!! and it will be khushi's job to make him realize they have to move on and she has forgiven and the best way forward is for him to forgive himself too!!

but for that he has to truly feel regret and self loathing for hurting the poor soul who had done nothing wrong other than loving him more than life itself.. that is the point they need to show!

So i honestly NEED (not want to see) a redemption..cz if he loved her as much as he claims it would be physically impossible to brush aside how much he has hurt her, be it forcefully marrying her and sullying her character in the eyes of the society and the whole family, or hurting her physically mentally and emotionally all these months, calling her characterless, telling her parents were lucky to be dead than see her, to finally telling her that she was responsible for enticing shyam..
and the icing on the cake him wishing he never met her as she was the one who was responsible for every wrong thing that went on in his life..

these are not little trifles...they have to deal with them..give Khushi the comfort and security that he is there for her and will not lash out at her when the going gets tough again...
have u noticed how khushi blames everything that goes wrong as her own fault whether it is actually so or not? Arnav needs to get her out of this mentality cz it is he himself who has contributed mostly to make her believe in this!! so the 1st step is to accept he was wrong and the EXTENT he was wrong and then repent!

@Tm: in ur marriage i guess before things went wrong there was a base right? where trust was built..
but in ArHi's case the trust never got to build up in the first place! for that to happen only, redemption has to happen!:-)
for an example, khushi loves Arnav dearly..but she doesn't trust him one bit not to hurt her again!! she almost expects him to!!
remember her words last week 'i am used to getting hurt from u!'
when he asked her how her hand is after seeing his finger marks on her! this has to get over!!
for that they will need to show redemption!!

Totally agree with what you wrote. Have highlighted sections of your post, which in my opinion, really hit at the very root of Arnav's poor choices in regards to Khushi.

The way I see it is- probably, there's no need for a Huge, melodramatic redemption track with super groveling.

But yes, I do want a verbalized, heartfelt apology from Arnav to Khushi- for shattering her values & beliefs, for the emotional and physical hardships imposed on her, for making her a pariah in her adoptive family as well as the one she was 'married' into- I feel this is really needed. 

Isn't it odd that Arnav is shown saying Sorry to his Di- for being the one that had to shatter her illusions of her 'perfect' husband!! Shyam was nothing but a philandering gold digger who never cared for Anjali apart from the fact that she was his goose that laid golden eggs. But Arnav feels sorry that he could not protect his Di from this reality, and had to open her eyes to this in her delicate state! And says sorry, not just once, but several times over!! 

But he can't bring himself to make a sincere apology to Khushi for all that he has done, but instead shows his regret through gestures? Why is that? If both his Sister and his Wife are the dual centres of his life right now, why treat them differently?

To start off, would love to see Arnav coming clean to his family about how he blackmailed Khushi into a contract marriage which she agreed to only to save her Sister's marriage. This would at least stop mami's obnoxious behavior, and make Payal and Akash (and of course Buaji & Garima as well) realize just how much they owe to Khushi. 

Edited by RamnVij - 24 July 2012 at 1:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

ARS24 IF-Sizzlerz
ARS24
ARS24

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Smile
saima4744 IF-Rockerz
saima4744
saima4744

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 1:32am | IP Logged