India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Heavy lifting : Monday : About Arnav's redemption

ipkkndholic IF-Rockerz
ipkkndholic
ipkkndholic

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged
I wanted to ask you a question - deep rooted question - on this Monday. I cannot think over such serious topics on Friday.. hence kept it for Monday.

How many of you want a redemption track for Arnav - towards Khushi?

Please read through...

Few months ago, I for one would have jumped over it.

But then I thought more about it. And I realized that if feels really bad to see our loved ones repenting... simply coz it makes them sad.

I have experienced it myself. Went through a rough patch where me & dear hubby were not on the same page.. and suffered a lot due to that.

After few years, hubby dear realizes that things could have been different if he had supported me them. I was sad then, but pulled through. We learnt a lot from those events, matured together.

But now, whenever he says, he really feels bad for not taking the right decision then, it hurts me inside. He is human, thinks that he made a mistake. But I feel, he did what he believed in then. Isn't it true for each of us? We are always under some influence - right or wrong. And we respond based on that.

Now if you ask me - if I want Arnav's redemption track, the answer is big-red-No.

Share you views friends...

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

Kira9174rithuparnasmily409arnavkhushi111rabiacasaDeliciouspoonam.gupta12kitty789mz.brarsvmichupachupRickronsonjennadPCdublinarshi1986blackdice1001Shweta1691inajnarAshaviSaRun.ArHishakethebiscuitgopikaajipriyankaaDaRkPrInCeSsAfyasimran041yyy2krish3saima4744rini_katfan145samanthanawestindianGodhuliLogon

poonam.gupta12 Senior Member
poonam.gupta12
poonam.gupta12

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
agree...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkkndholicsaima4744

ipkkndholic IF-Rockerz
ipkkndholic
ipkkndholic

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poonam.gupta12

agree...
Thank you!
I am expecting some bashing for saying NO to redemption, but that's the purpose of this post.. need to understand different views. Big smile
Rickronson Senior Member
Rickronson
Rickronson

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged
You are absolutely right.Its really painful to see our dear ones in redemption. Forgiveness is better to make our dears suffer and Khushi can do that. Not only Khushi,I feel God has given that ability to all the women.

Ashaviipkkndholic

PCdublin Senior Member
PCdublin
PCdublin

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged
 A lovely post..you know its funny I too compare Khushi's situation to stuff between my hubby and me..Isn"t it funny how we women tend to forgive so easily...I think once we see the realization of their mistake in their eyes and know that they love us we look past the fights and move on...Nobody said loving or being married is easy!!!

Ashaviipkkndholic

Cogito_Ergo_Sum IF-Rockerz
Cogito_Ergo_Sum
Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Hmmm...I get what you are trying to say- but I would like to partially disagree with you here. Yes, seeing a Loved one in pain causes us hurt as well. But if Arnav does not really repent and redeem himself for all the harsh words and actions he has inflicted on Khushi, will that not somewhere cause a barrier between them? And will it not encourage similar behavior from him in future? Or at least make him feel that Khushi is a pushover for such behavior?

I am not saying, that Khushi has to hold the past against him and make him grovel for the rest of their lives together. But in my opinion, he just HAS to make a genuine heartfelt apology for what he has done. It does not matter that she's already forgiven him, at least he needs to acknowledge that his actions were terrible?

Yes, marrying her forcefully was an act of desperation to protect his sister, and Khushi had erred in not having told him the full truth of Shyam beforehand. But didn't Arnav do wrong in not believing her when she did tell him everything? 

And after knowing the full truth of Khushi's innocence, Arnav still accusing her, (even if in a rage) of causing Shyam's cheating on his Di- that was a HUGE no-no. Fixing responsibility on the victim of a crazed obsessive maniac- in a small way, this is similar to people telling victims of molestation that what they wore, or how they behaved, invited the attack. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, I know its not the same thing, or in the same scale, but I do feel this blaming of Khushi, is a minor step in that way of thinking.

For that, if not for anything else, Arnav has to express his guilt and shame. But anyway- this is just what I feel, not meant as a personal attack on your opinion or the characters on the show for that matter.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

chewywonbinAshavinareshSVDalmuthuyachulbuli94ipkkndholiclara3110rukuswasthikaprincessunara

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged
I agree with you in terms of real life but for the show, hell yes I want to see Arnav's redemption because it will be good drama as opposed to the Anjali crap we are seeing now.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nareshSVipkkndholicchulbuli94OmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

ASADsweetZOYA IF-Sizzlerz
ASADsweetZOYA
ASADsweetZOYA

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
these r my old 2 posts...
one about how ASR should b after knowing the truth & the other one is how khushi should after knowing the whole truth...
just go through my posts & read the comments i hav got there...
so u'll understand whether ASR's redemption track is need or not...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2825125

ipkkndholicchulbuli94

Go to top