Article:IBN - Faces of Indian Television

Bruce_L thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Tulsi to Madhubala: Transformation of Indian TV actresses

Jul 22, 2012 16:23pm

• TV serials that started with kitchen politics have moved towards social issues. 

• Tulsi of 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' became an ideal daughter-in-law after the telecast of the serial in 2000.

• Parvati, the lead actress of 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii', has been the motivation for women fighting against the odds.

• Kumkum, the leading lady of 'Kumkum', who lost her husband at a very young age, marries her brother-in-law for the sake of family.

• Godavari, the old lady from 'Baa Bahoo aur Baby', shows how a determined woman can support a family. Despite an alcoholic husband, she fights all odds with courage.

• Sia, the girl who challenges Ammaji in 'Na Aana Iss Desh Laado', fights against injustice done to women in rural areas.

• Laali of 'Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo' stands up against the caste system in spite of belonging to a lower caste.

• Anandi, the smiling girl from 'Balika Vadhu', becomes the victim of child marriage. She, after geting divorced from her childhood husband, starts a school for girls and fights against the tradition of child maarriage.

• Gulal of the TV soap 'Gulal', falls in love with the son of her family's enemy. After losing her husband in a clash, she fights against the sati system.

• Rachna, the girl in 'Kaali-Ek Agnipariksha', opposes a local politician who tries to take her advantage.

• Pratigya, the protagonist from 'Mann Ki Aawaz...Pratigya', marries a local goon and eventually tries to transform him into a good man.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Snigdha_Khanam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
, marries a local goon and eventually tries to transform him into a good man.  @red-HMM kst was A goon๐Ÿ˜†.I didn't see this type of handsome goon in my whole life๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณTFS๐Ÿ˜›And he was always good from heart but a bit rowdy type๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Snigdhakhanam - 11 years ago
Veena.S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
These articles...๐Ÿค” Krish was never a goon 4 me... Hez alwayz my Hero, my dairymilk...๐Ÿ˜›
TFS...
Bruce_L thumbnail
Originally posted by: Veena.S

These articles...๐Ÿค” Krish was never a goon 4 me... Hez alwayz my Hero, my dairymilk...๐Ÿ˜›
TFS...

@ Veenu, Sweety - After 2 1/2 years, still media sees him as a goon (the word they use for him from beginning)
Snigdha_Khanam thumbnail
Originally posted by: ArryArooj

Goon...๐Ÿ˜ก

TFS...!

why r u angry๐Ÿ˜†?title of 'goon' is bettter than the title 'chocolate boy'.๐Ÿค”
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
TFS ! Well krishna was more of a king of illahabad or don type guy whom all goons,police followed than a local goon! The angadwa types are local goons lol
Bruce_L thumbnail
Originally posted by: adib40

TFS ! Well krishna was more of a king of illahabad or don type guy whom all goons,police followed than a local goon! The angadwa types are local goons lol

Oh come on, these kind articles aint new for us...
Veena.S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Snigdhakhanam

why r u angry๐Ÿ˜†?title of 'goon' is bettter than the title 'chocolate boy'.๐Ÿค”

๐Ÿ˜† Wellsaid, wahi rough attitude pe Hum fida...๐Ÿ˜ณ
Snigdha_Khanam thumbnail
Originally posted by: Veena.S

๐Ÿ˜† Wellsaid, wahi rough attitude pe Hum fida...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Exactly!ur dp is killer.
Arjaforever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Snigdhakhanam

Exactly!ur dp is killer.

yeah its only krishna on whom this charater suited...otherwise this"goon" word...