Debate Mansion

Do we have rights to commit suicide ? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by seoulbeats

Yes, you can commit suicide but be well prepared. In India attempt to suicide is an offence punishable under Section 309.  Whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year.
It's quite funny actually. Say I attempt to suicide and fail and they throw me in jail; I don't really think that will make me particularly gleeful when I am already depressed enough to kill myself... 
Its funny because its probably the only crime where you can get punished  for failing in your attempt to commit suicide but not if you actually succeed in committing it Wacko

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do we have rights to commit suicide ? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
But who are these people to decide if i want to live or not ...It is our life ,We shall have the right to commit suicide or try it as many times as we can 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-Fair-n-luvlyAngel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by seoulbeats

Yes, you can commit suicide but be well prepared. In India attempt to suicide is an offence punishable under Section 309.  Whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year.
It's quite funny actually. Say I attempt to suicide and fail and they throw me in jail; I don't really think that will make me particularly gleeful when I am already depressed enough to kill myself... 
Its funny because its probably the only crime where you can get punished  for failing in your attempt to commit suicide but not if you actually succeed in committing it Wacko
some of the laws in Indian Constitution are so whacked ROFL

-Chandramukhi-

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Commit suicide and die.
Easy way.. But it takes a big heart to suicide though.

-Chandramukhi-

Roslyn1991

Goldie

Roslyn1991

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 12:00am | IP Logged
No bcoz we get life once.
I dont believe in rebirths also.
If you r hurt then thats not a solution.
Its your life y let others rule it by making u weak and commit suicide?
You are the hero and boss of ur life and ur own world.
If someone hurts u say them F*** up its my life i am gonna live to the fullest.
Its ur life u obviously have a  right to take ur life's decisions but what is the use of such kind of decision when there will be no life left?

Think it . . . . . 

daisylife

daisylife

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --PiaSenGupta--

But who are these people to decide if i want to live or not ...It is our life ,We shall have the right to commit suicide or try it as many times as we can 

these people sure don't have any right to wether you live or not, and  practically you can end it...but were you the one who started yourlife?

that just leads to another wave of questions...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorAya.

chocobear

IF-Rockerz

chocobear

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Yes we have the right to end our life. We can do that at any point of time. If I feel I don't want to live anymore I should be free to end my life. It's funny how people are punished for trying to end their life.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --PiaSenGupta--

I really want to know--Do we have the rights to commit suicide? 
I personally believe yes ..
Attempting suicide is punishable by law in most countries.
But a suicide bomber is praised in some countries.

I heard there are several such vacancies for suicide bombers, openly advertised thru the net !!!Shocked
I still cannot believe that there are auctions held for suicide bombers and the parents get paid for sacrificing their sons ? Do not know if it is true but I HOPE  IT IS FALSE.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top