Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

Respect. (Page 3)

kavkm Senior Member
kavkm
kavkm

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged
I really don't know what's wrong with the judges..they have been so biased with raghav from the start especially geeta..it's like she has something against him..she never gives him the credit he deserves..at least when marzi gave his comments yesterday, he gently put soumya down(even tho I disagree with his comments)..geeta was so mean to raghav and soumya..I'd like to see geeta dance like that.if she can manage even 50% of what soumya did I will eat my words..i was so happy when riteish gave that comment, the look on her face was priceless..rohan and soumya are really amongst the best dancers in the show, and they both should rightfully go to the finale.om is a waste of space IMHO.. Just pray that rohan stays coz that boy is too damn talented to go out so soon

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bigtimeARSHIfanshivenipigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Aww thank youuu, Pallo! *hugs back* Ju inspire me to write long essays, what can I say :P :P lol LOL good, I'm glad! :P  It's fun to read lengthy posts from you after so long. Hug

Speakinggg of Vrushali...did you watch her act with Shalini yesterday?...I instantly thought of you when I saw her btw...lol...I'd hoped she'd dance with Soumya lekin usko Shalini ke saath chipkaa diya...lol...anyways it was SO nice to see Vrushali back...I miss her on the DID stageee...and then speaking of Kruti...dude I just don't like her attitude and the way she's "trained" this Om kid hasn't impressed me much either cuz of all the stunts and dangerous crap she makes him do. Yes I did. I KNOW, why didn't she dance with Soumya yaar? Ouch They're both so graceful...it would've been a treat. Kya Rajasmitha ko Soumya ke saath chipka diya and Vrushali ko Shalini ke saath. 

But anyways, she was so graceful as always. And she's just so gracious and POSITIVE as a personality too no? Always taking things in good stride. 

Yeah Kruti hasn't impressed me much either. *sigh*...she was so awesome on DID 2 in TKT. Don't know what happened to her after that. I didn't like any of her choreography for Remo on DID 3 either. I just feel like she tries TOO hard. So it doesn't come out natural. She has this insecurity or attitude like you said and it shows. It's like that desperate attempt to prove. She's not just having fun and doing her own thing...letting her own creativity/style flow. She's such an amazing classical dancer and she doesn't even use that talent of her's to her advantage. And really, I am so glad the judges told her off for giving Om too much dangerous stunts to do. She hardly makes him DANCE ever. Or instead, she gives him this super mature type of contemporary that he hardly understands. Nothing that fits his personality or his abilities. That Om kid isn't to great anyways...I can never make out what exactly he's doing...mostly because he's just doing whatever most of the time. lol Good training would've been teaching him some more control/sharpness/clarity in his moves. Which Kruti hasn't done at all. 

I'm in the process of making avis on Soumya's performance and am even more wowed by the tiniest attention to detail in this performance...HOW can anyone feel disconnected with it is just beyond me *shakes head* Oh YAY avis!!! :D I know...I just feel like rolling my eyes at that "disconnect" comment more and more. There was nothing disconnecting about that performance at all. Like Ritesh said...I was also connected to it INSTANTLY. LOL I just loved how openly and khul ke he praised this performance. God bless him for that. LOL

And notice how there wasn't even any repetition in this choreography. Except for the spins of course...but that's like necessary for kathak. Each "main pareshaan" is different...each moment in the choreography is interpreted with detail. It's so soothing and refreshing at the same time to watch. And just this whole classical dance interpretation to this song itself...super refreshing to watch. 

Anyways word to everything else you said about the season...Prince is not giving interesting choreographies to Faisal these days...that aeriel tango was like SUPER awkward in bits cuz Shalini has MAJOR balance issues that end up making her look awkward at many points...Yep, awkward is the word. LOL What did you think of Raghav's paso doble waisse? Pretty cool I thought. Paso doble, Raghav style. lol It wasn't my most favourite of Raghav choreographies ever but it was still interesting. I was intrigued by the idea. LOL It didn't look so much latin as Raghav's style. lol But still very creative and interesting. 

Re: Jeet...eee I just want to eat him up, take him home like you said...itnaaa pyaaara baccha hai and what talent he has my god...yes he'd have been PERFECT for Raghav's team...phir toh koi door door tak Raghav ko waise bhi touch nahin kar paata competition mein...lol...OMG  you loved his chikni chameli act too? Me tooo! I was thinking while watching it ki Katrina should die of shame watching it cuz a six year BOY just blew her lame attempt at an item number out of the water...LOL LOL I know Jeet was just on fire in that "chikni chameli" act. He was just like non-stop doing one move after another...that too SO well! I was just like..MAN what is this kid??? What is he made of? He can instantly just transform from being flexible and then being so kadak and sharp...expressions toh kamaal ke deta hi hai...lol. Plus the fact that he's so cute and chota sa helps. LOL This kid's just unbelievable. Katrina kya...I'm sure even great dancers like Madhuri would be in awe watching him. He's just like this little fireball. LOL

Well he may not officially be in Raghav's team...but he might as well be...cuz he's always bonding with him anyways and chipkoing to him. lol Ahh they're so cute! LOL

Oh yeah I LOVED Paul-Rohan's act in yesterday's epi too...I always felt that Geeta gave him crap choreography in DID3...remember that one time he was BRILLIANT in the epi when Terence got to choreograph him? LOL so yeah even this time when he got excellent choreography, he was superb.Oh yeah that's true. He did get Geeta's crap choreography. Yeah I do remember that Terence act. That was good. I also found it sweet...the bonding he developed with Rohan. I think these two were the only pair that had that connect/bonding between them. And that chemistry showed in their performance too. And Rohan's just such a sweet kid...how can you just not love him? lol He always just looks so solemn sa, and sweet sa. I think both Soumya and him are so sober and mellow no? There really isn't any overconfidence or hyperness in these kids. 

I was thinking that Siddesh and Jeet would've been so much fun together...but Siddesh wasn't really delivering 100% somehow. :S I think he forgot steps in between or something. Plus there wasn't enough goof in that performance from Neerav's side. Still fun...but not super great considering both Siddesh and Jeet are like so entertaining as dancers. I thought the song choice was really fun though. LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheEmpressgilmoresAreYaar

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kavkm

I really don't know what's wrong with the judges..they have been so biased with raghav from the start especially geeta..it's like she has something against him..she never gives him the credit he deserves..at least when marzi gave his comments yesterday, he gently put soumya down(even tho I disagree with his comments)..geeta was so mean to raghav and soumya..I'd like to see geeta dance like that.if she can manage even 50% of what soumya did I will eat my words..i was so happy when riteish gave that comment, the look on her face was priceless..rohan and soumya are really amongst the best dancers in the show, and they both should rightfully go to the finale.om is a waste of space IMHO.. Just pray that rohan stays coz that boy is too damn talented to go out so soon

50% would be tooo good...I bet she cant even do 10% of what Soumya does...I rest my case...Embarrassed  I think the jealousy factor prolly...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bigtimeARSHIfankavkmTheEmpressgilmores

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
YAY thanks for making those avis Anu...don't know which ones to use now. lol 

Aww I love that "zara zara kismat se ladne laga" one. *sigh*...she just performs so sweetly and softly. Making the right kind of impact.

I am still amazed at how PERFECT this performance was. 

And all that "thaa"s like you mentioned...where she just pauses at the perfect time, at the perfect place. None of her spins were out of place either. 

And that "phoolon" wala step. *sigh*. So pretty. 

She's so lightfooted too with her jumps and stuff. Such a pleasant performer. 

And aleee she's SO cute in Boogie Woogie! lol So tiny and cuteee. lol I guess all these kids were on BW at some point. 

I miss watching BW. Such a fun and simple show. The kids were never stressed on that show. They never had to do crazy stunts and all either. Anyways, yeah Soumya's def. more polished now. But she was so graceful back then too. And always a pleasant performer then too. I loved that "bhumbro" one the most. Just so adorable. LOL You don't get to see that kind of simple, pure dancing on DID. lol 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

bigtimeARSHIfanTheEmpressgilmoresDabulls23AreYaar

GoodByeMr Senior Member
GoodByeMr
GoodByeMr

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 5:57am | IP Logged

Ok wanted to add about Raghav regarding the Baba act you mentioned...Yes, I so wanted to gush about that one with you a few days back but you weren't here only :P

This is his genius that in less than 24 hours he came up with that act and STILL put in his signature creative nuances...that signature goofy adorable humor that is so Raghav...he entertains with every fiber of his being...and he's always having so much FUN doing it that you smile along with him...

It's amazing to have seen this growth in him in hardly the last 6 months...when he strolled onto the DID stage, he had a bit of a brazen attitude initially ki I'm just gonna do my thing goofily along...but you could actually SEE when the discipline started to form in him under Terence's training and now watching him train his own students, that discipline has grown like TENFOLD and I can say this for very few DID contestants but you feel so PROUD watching this guy's GROWTH on every level...as a dancer, as a creative artist and the maturity in him as a person also...he's this interesting sa paradox right now as a kidadult who is so good natured and good humored about everything and at the same time this responsible mentor who takes his responsibility towards his kids VERY seriously...adores them so much and feels responsible for bringing out the best in THEM...in every way he can.
When Geeta and Marzi put him down today for no real reason...any logical person could also see there was no sense in what they were saying, still he took it with so much respect and good naturedly...these are the qualities that will take him far in life...the fact that along with being supremely talented and creative, he is such a wonderful human being...
I

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU, AND FOR THE BABA ACT RAGHAV ONLY GOT 45 MNS TO PREPARE IT   :(  :(    I JUST HOPE EITHER SOUMYA OR ROHAN  WILLL WIN

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetDabulls23AreYaar

gaga64 Newbie
gaga64
gaga64

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
the girl was sooo good! It's seems they want so much to kick her out! I think as Masters they should give comments when needed! My heart broke for her!!!! Shalini & jeet r such drama people!!!!Ouch
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

And notice how there wasn't even any repetition in this choreography. Except for the spins of course...but that's like necessary for kathak. Each "main pareshaan" is different...each moment in the choreography is interpreted with detail. It's so soothing and refreshing at the same time to watch. And just this whole classical dance interpretation to this song itself...super refreshing to watch.  Yeah I noticed that too after watching it a few times...barring the spins, all the other movements for each pareshaan were different and done SO beautifully...the kathak beats were SO well amalgamated into the song...seriously still dunno what Geeta and Marzi were blabbing about vis a vis disconnectConfused

Yep, awkward is the word. LOL What did you think of Raghav's paso doble waisse? Pretty cool I thought. Paso doble, Raghav style. lol It wasn't my most favourite of Raghav choreographies ever but it was still interesting. I was intrigued by the idea. LOL It didn't look so much latin as Raghav's style. lol But still very creative and interesting.  LOL I liked it...cuz I remember it was around the time when Geeta-Marzi were asking him to push the kids up a level or something and I got excited to see how Raghav would put a spin on poso doble in his style...most of the act toh was going basic paso doble until the very end when the Raghav spin on it started and that's the bit I REALLY loved cuz that made it a signature Raghav interpretation of paso doble with the whole robotics sa slow motion going on...lol...deffo a good attempt from him to do something different while still adding in his signature moves.

And Rohan's just such a sweet kid...how can you just not love him? lol He always just looks so solemn sa, and sweet sa. I think both Soumya and him are so sober and mellow no? There really isn't any overconfidence or hyperness in these kids.  These are two of the few kids this season who have a lot of maturity in both their dance as well as their personalities...they let their dancing speak for itself and don't waste time on side nautanki...

I was thinking that Siddesh and Jeet would've been so much fun together...but Siddesh wasn't really delivering 100% somehow. :S I think he forgot steps in between or something. Plus there wasn't enough goof in that performance from Neerav's side. Still fun...but not super great considering both Siddesh and Jeet are like so entertaining as dancers. I thought the song choice was really fun though. LOL LOL yeah Siddesh was good but he's been more fun than this in some other performances...still he was a lot of fun to watch regardless cuz these kind of nautanki acts are his forte and Jeet and him were a lovely combo that way...I liked the song choice too and all the gags that Neerav put in like the wild card oneLOL...enjoyable act.

What did you think of the Teri Deewani Soumya act waise? I liked that one too...especially the "mar gayi main, mit gayi main" step which was SO Raghav.

Edited by AreYaar - 23 July 2012 at 9:55am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

And notice how there wasn't even any repetition in this choreography. Except for the spins of course...but that's like necessary for kathak. Each "main pareshaan" is different...each moment in the choreography is interpreted with detail. It's so soothing and refreshing at the same time to watch. And just this whole classical dance interpretation to this song itself...super refreshing to watch.  Yeah I noticed that too after watching it a few times...barring the spins, all the other movements for each pareshaan were different and done SO beautifully...the kathak beats were SO well amalgamated into the song...seriously still dunno what Geeta and Marzi were blabbing about vis a vis disconnectConfused I still can't believe how Raghav choreographs these "girly" type of acts. LOL Perhaps Soumya helped him out with the kathak steps. But his interpretation to music is always so interesting. 

Waisse, this other thought I had...was how "contemporary" style is so overused these days. Anything goes, random flexibility moves/stunt "contemporary" ke naam pe...as we've seen in that other *cough* show as well. And I think if it was any other choreographer/skipper or whatever...they would've choreographed a standard "contemporary" type of an act on this song. But the fact that Raghav thought of mixing Kathak beats in with this song is what makes this act even more refreshing. And of course, the fact that he has a graceful dancer like Soumya to execute it so perfectly just works out so well. 

Notice how Raghav hardly ever has any stunts/acrobatics in his choreography. The few stunts he does put in also flow so well to the music. They look easy too...effortless I mean. It's because he isn't desperate to "show" what he can do. He just does what naturally comes out to him. 

I like Vrushali that way too. She has no hesitations at all about simply choreographing dance steps. Even if they are labelled as "simple" or whatever...but I just appreciate this natural ability to just want to express yourself. Not relying on gimmicks. Not being so desperate and insecure to "prove" yourself. 

Like, in today's age with these reality shows...it's like a crime almost to simply dance. Without any stunts and stuff. I remember Geeta criticizing Raghav before too about giving Soumya too "simple" a choreography. Even though it had tons of dancing in it. And it was "simple" only because Soumya just makes everything she does look so easy and effortless. That's her ability as a dancer. 

It just bothers me. That whole superficiality aspect. 

Yep, awkward is the word. LOL What did you think of Raghav's paso doble waisse? Pretty cool I thought. Paso doble, Raghav style. lol It wasn't my most favourite of Raghav choreographies ever but it was still interesting. I was intrigued by the idea. LOL It didn't look so much latin as Raghav's style. lol But still very creative and interesting.  LOL I liked it...cuz I remember it was around the time when Geeta-Marzi were asking him to push the kids up a level or something and I got excited to see how Raghav would put a spin on poso doble in his style...most of the act toh was going basic paso doble until the very end when the Raghav spin on it started and that's the bit I REALLY loved cuz that made it a signature Raghav interpretation of paso doble with the whole robotics sa slow motion going on...lol...deffo a good attempt from him to do something different while still adding in his signature moves. Yeah, just so cool how Raghav actually put in his own "mark"...his own style to something like paso doble. Which is such an established sort of dance style. lol He's got such an individuality that way. You just can't forget this guy. 

And just thinking about his thought process too...kind of makes sense that he interpreted paso doble as 'dark' and made it all robotic/intense/creepy like that. LOL 

It's like he can't help just doing his style. You can tell, he loves it so much. I like that passion he has for his dance style...for dance in general...and his ability to interpret music in such refreshing ways. Heck, even his ability to interpret dance styles in original ways. He's too awesome! LOL

And Rohan's just such a sweet kid...how can you just not love him? lol He always just looks so solemn sa, and sweet sa. I think both Soumya and him are so sober and mellow no? There really isn't any overconfidence or hyperness in these kids.  These are two of the few kids this season who have a lot of maturity in both their dance as well as their personalities...they let their dancing speak for itself and don't waste time on side nautanki... Word...you can tell they are quite serious about what they are doing. It's not avien timepass for them. I find that Rohan has much more maturity than Faisal also, even though he's younger. In terms of expressing himself to the music. Rohan has shown SO many variations/moods...some of them were quite mature too. Like his "sun ri sakhi" and the "abhi mujh mein kahin". There's been quite a lot of depth in his performances...and he has managed to portray those layers SO well. It's just so special. 

I was thinking that Siddesh and Jeet would've been so much fun together...but Siddesh wasn't really delivering 100% somehow. :S I think he forgot steps in between or something. Plus there wasn't enough goof in that performance from Neerav's side. Still fun...but not super great considering both Siddesh and Jeet are like so entertaining as dancers. I thought the song choice was really fun though. LOL LOL yeah Siddesh was good but he's been more fun than this in some other performances...still he was a lot of fun to watch regardless cuz these kind of nautanki acts are his forte and Jeet and him were a lovely combo that way...I liked the song choice too and all the gags that Neerav put in like the wild card oneLOL...enjoyable act. LOL yeah, they were quite perfect for each other. Dono nautankis hain. LOL Oh yeah those Amir/Amitabh and all imitations were quite fun. LOL 

Waisse I liked Neerav's choreography for Tanay and Amrita too. That whole constellation and starry effect. It was quite sweet, and Amrita performed really gracefully. 

What did you think of the Teri Deewani Soumya act waise? I liked that one too...especially the "mar gayi main, mit gayi main" step which was SO Raghav. Oh yeah, I did like that one too. Yep, that "mar gayi, mit gayi" step was the best. I wish Raghav had put in a bit more choreography before the spins though. But I can see what effect he was trying to create. I thought the song was so suited for Soumya too. It's quite a difficult and mature song to perform on...but Raghav gave her appropriate choreography that she did justice too. And she was graceful as ever of course. 

I also liked her "yeh ishq hai" performance. I thought the remix was refreshing. And that flute bit was so cool. LOL Just the way this girl can catch each beat so perfectly is so commendable. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Go to top