Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

Respect. (Page 12)

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FoxxyCleopatra

I have been reading all the posts here, and I totally respect you for making this topic!  Finally a place to discuss dance without people trying to nitpick through posts.

The pareshaan kathak dance was beautiful, and nobody can take that away from Soumya or Raghav.  At first I was a little confused by the song choice, I guess because we have become so used to seeing zero imagination in this department.  But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of that song for a kathak performance.  From what I looked up (lol, I have zero dance training but love learning about it) kathak is about story telling... and the song really is very expressive in that sense.  Combined with some of the detailed movements and Soumya's beautiful expressions, it came together to make sense how she is expressing her confused and conflicting feelings.  Although there was no religious reference, I don't see how the idea of the song is different from those usually used in kathak.  What a bad reason to give negative comments!  I couldn't believe that Geeta - usually whining and crying about the lack of classical on stage - had nothing to say about Soumya's flawless dance and Raghav's excellent choreography. 

I am soo happy to see praise for Raghav here, he has been a total revelation!  He was the only person who stood out as unique to me in the third season of DID (which was probably the worst season by far!)... but he did used to seem kind of like eh I'll do what I want, whatever - types, but in DID LM he has stepped up so much.  I love seeing his creativity!  Such a lovely change from the typical interpretations of songs and dance.  Though I do think sometimes he gets so excited in the details that the little moves start looking kinda tedious (esp in Soumya's recent solo)... but even then it is great to see someone actually putting thought into dance... definitely way better than uninspired acrobatics or jumping around!  I also love seeing Raghav's genuine heart and personality shining through, so refreshing to see someone naturally easy-going and funny without being rude!

Another act I loved was that of Soumya with Ankita, it was too pretty!  It was simple but beautiful, and I have never seen the song used that well in dance before.  The whole act was so pleasing to the eyes, and it sure helped that both looked beautiful too!  The Raghav and Ankita dance was adorable as well, Raghav looked so bowled over... I wish they had shown the full segment in the episode though.  I also liked the dance Rohan and Gunjan did, the choreography was super cute and Gunjan really surprised me with her abilities... but the one that took the cake for me that day was Jeet the frog!  How cute was that!  The princess and the frog was a very sweet and age appropriate idea, and Jeet made it look so easy, going up and down and all around with the moves.  It was a great episode overall, actually, everyone did pretty well.  Rithvik was impressive in keeping up with the crazy amount of moves, but I do think he needs to clean up and smooth out his moves a little (for his future in JDJ). 

One question... what was the fork and spoon dance about?!?  SO RANDOM.

Hi FoxxyCleopatra! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Lovely points. 

I agree. The creativity was the interpretation of the song. Like you said, its like these people arent even USED to seeing this kind of creativity anymore. LOL Yeah, theres no way you can connect with that kind of creativity when all youre used to is the same old acrobatics and all. 

Like you said, I also loved the song choice for a kathak performance and it WAS indeed the detailing that made the performance too. The fact that Raghav THOUGHT of all the delicate detailing WHILE keeping the style of dance as kathak and of course Soumya being able to execute EACH minute detail to perfection was made this act one of THE best solos in all of DID in my opinion. 

And I agree with you regarding Raghav too. Definitely he was what MADE DID 3 for me. LOL Him and Terences awesome choreography. But yes, on DID, Raghav was still pretty low key with respect to dance. It was only later on in the season, and then here on DID LM that we really got to see his dedication and genuine hard work. That discipline quality he got from Terence really helped him on DID LM. The care he has for his kids is just amazing. Even if I look at ALL of his choreographies on DID LM...there wasnt a SINGLE act of his that I havent enjoyed. Not a SINGLE act where has hasnt given his best in terms of choreography. He didnt let a single one of his kids down. He always gave them the best of choreography...challenged them, gave them different styles too, even though he himself is learning them. Weather it be solo or duets, there actually hasnt been a SINGLE piece of choreography of Raghavs that I have not enjoyed. I actually thought he deserved the POTD award every single week! LOL 

Word to the bit in bold! :) 

Oh and yes I do agree with you about some of Raghavs moves getting repetitive sometimes...but its just that SOUL he puts into it that make them stand apart each time. That THOUGHT he puts into the move WITH respect to the music. Thats what blows me away each time. 

Oh yeah that fork and spoon dance was just super random indeed. It was some lame promotion/advertisement for knorr soupy noodles or whatever. LOL Lameness.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmoresAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tasminj

Jeet is simply the best.
His performances are mind blowing.
Yet he never seems to get the respect he deserves from both the judges and those fans who just seem to enjoy dismissing him.

They are putting inferior quality acrobatics and gymnastics in front of real dancing.

What's really going on?

Excellent question. ClapThumbs Up Its just sad really.

I agree about Jeet as well. I felt SO bad for the kid, for his contemporary piece with Neerav. I thought he got so shortchanged on appreciation there. Firstly, he tried something totally new and was awesome at it. Way better than Neerav I thought. LOL The choreography overall by Neerav wasnt super impressive, but still Jeet was very good. This kid does NOT get enough appreciation. I was happy he got more appreciation for his solo though. That was an interesting idea by Neerav and Jeet executed it perfectly once again. LOL

@purpleymatter: Thanks for posting those Raghav videos. You can really see the excitement in the crowd when hes performing. lol That slow motion effect must look even cooler when you see it live. Its true...he really doesnt even need a camera. Hes an effect in himself. 

@Anu/Himani: Wasnt the Puneet-Shibani act so sweet...I also loved watching that. Yep, Puneet surprised me too. LOL Reminded me of Barfi. :)

Did you guys watch this weekends JDJ...man MAHA BLAHHH judging!! This show is a total WASTE to watch in entirety. I am only going to watch four contestants from now on...Shibani, Darsheel-Avneet, Rithwick and Rashmi. The only four contestants worth watching really. 

Rithwick was awesome this week. And Sneha really did well with the choreography. Rashmi toh was awesome mannn!! LOL Deepak is SO good. lol So glad hes got a good contestant this time. The only pair so far deserving of a 30 score in my opinion. 

Frickin Karan is just irritating now. How much more OBVIOUSLY scripted can you get...clearly hes only there for TRP purposes. Such useless judges too...how in the heck was his performance a 30 worthy. Lameness. And Mohenas choreography was EXACTLY like the stuff she did on DID 3! LOL Oh yeah people will totally buy that whole hawtness factor I am sure. Sleepy Mohena lives up to her boring, BLAHH image I had of her from DID 3. And shes also planning on making Karan lift her around 24/7 too. Great. Sleepy

Avneet-Darsheel and Puneet-Shibani were good too this week. But Rithwick and Rashmi pretty much stole the show for me. Especially Rashmi-Deepak because their act was just SO different and original. Clap

gilmoresAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shakti_rock

Originally posted by tannipartner

totally out of topic, but ruturaj came today with his trademark dil to bachha hain jeen dance, he danced beautifully but what went wrong, has he stopped training? he seems to have ballooned up.

Yeah...aur bhi motu ho gaya hain...Even His Footwork was heavy..Faisal toh literally ate him up...
I hope Jeeumoni , Viashnavi and Atul  still be in thier best form. Because to me ..Season 2 Kids seems to be Stronger in Competition . Rohan , Soumya , Faisal and Jeet ...Awesome Foursome...:)

LOL I know! Faisal was so much better. Even though I liked watching Ruturaj too. He has become totally gollu now. lol Despite of that though, he was still pretty awesome. Though he wasnt as easy as he used to be. You could tell he was having trouble with the speed and getting up from the floor and stuff. 

I dont think the season one kids can really beat Rohan, Soumya and Jeet. Especially Soumya and Jeet are just unbelievable. 

Anyways, speaking of...Anu/Himani...what did you think of this weeks DID...

My favourite bits were the AVs of Raghav and his kids. LOL Anu, tell me you noticed that one bit of Raghav and Soumya distorting each others faces and then giving each other a hug. It was SO mega aww! LOL SO precious these two are. 

And I LOVED the Raghav-Soumya duet! So sweet. Raghav may not be that great at contemporary, but damn he can choreograph. And he was so very clean with his dancing. I think hes actually much cleaner than Kruti even. And the Rohan-Soumya bonding was ever present and reflective in this act. :)

Kruti just seems to be floored by contemporary. And shes not even perfect at that style herself. And she tries to do all these stunts and stuff that shes hardly good at doing herself. She really needs to bring her focus back on DANCING. She seems so into just increasing her flexibility and being able to do so and so stunts/flexibility type of moves. I just think she needs to get her priorities set again. And just frickin DANCE.

Anyways, I loved the Prince Faisal duet too. It was fun. LOL Creative choreography by Prince too. 

Though no one creates moments like Ragav. That end slow mo bit of Rohan and Raghavs was just EPIC. I just found it super sweet that Raghav CHOSE to show that kind of bonding between him and his kids for their finale duets. :) I just find it sweet that he included those bonding elements in BOTH of his choreographies. This guys is just too soulful and sweet. :) 

Seriously, HOW adorable were those AV moments...LOL

Also interesting, that both the Salman-Isha duet and Raghav-Soumya performed on the tu hi re song this week. :P lol. But of course no comparisons between the two. Such a vast difference in terms of interpretation and DEPTH between the two pairs. lol 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shakti_rockgilmoresAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Arey Pallo showed up on a weekday instead of a weekend this time? :P

LOL mera bhi weekend busy tha yaar...so missed Saturday's epi...saw Sunday's with Salman and his nautankis...

Usmein bhi I LOVED Rohan's act...he does many bits of Raghav's style better than him but when Raghav does his slow motion, his mastery shows...then no one can touch him.

Soumya's act was kinda underwhelming on Sunday...the bed of nails is a difficult thing, true but choreography kuch khaas nahin lagi otherwise mujhe.

btw what did you think of the giving rose to Katrina bit? LOL I LOVED Raghav's bit...no surprises there :P...especially the way he did the "feel the PUNCH" bitROFL...this guy can make even cheesy/mushy reality show gimmicks look endearing...lol...and Neerav my god KITNI footage khaa raha tha wahaan baithe baithe...Katrina bhi bore ho gayi ki kab iska act khatam hogaLOL

Now coming to Saturday...just got around to watching the performances...Oooh the Raghav-Rohan act was awesome! What timing and what choreography! New bits like you said...some new movements...fantastic stuff from Raghav as always and then Rohan's performing of it...I loved how you can see the genuine fondness and pride on Raghav's face when he looks at the kids.

Which brings me to Soumya's act with Raghav...damn sweet yaar...yes, the contemporary could have been cleaner and the preparation showed in the lifts at some point but it touches your heart as Geeta said too...cuz the bonding is so GENUINE and PURE that it pours out through the dance and that is what gives it the X-factor.

And LOLL@ the AVs about Raghav's comments on the kids...haha firstly toh I'm struck by how much Raghav himself is a baccha when he talks in those AVs...so casual...stage pe phir bhi thoda sober rehne ki koshish karta hai...lol...and loved what he said about how the kids gave him the confidence to choreograph cuz they were just that darn good...I think it goes both ways though, Raghav...I can imagine these kids in the other set of teams and I don't think they'd have shone to the level Raghav has managed to make them shine to.

Re: JDJ...couldn't watch much...just checked out Ritvik's act and liked Sneha's choreography...lots of dance in the act and done well...baaki I have to check out Rashmi's still.

Edited by AreYaar - 06 August 2012 at 2:06pm

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Yaar honestly I LOVED Rohan's Sunday act...the Raghav touches in there with the wordings for "Pyar ko hi SWARG jaano" and Rohan makes a HALO out of that ring and puts it on his head to depict swarg...so freakin PERFECT...I loveee this guy's creativity...can never tire of saying that...lol

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Pallo! Hug

Yes I watched both DID and JDJ this week LOL

JDJ: Judging is maha lame yaar...totally..it has been from the beginning, but really it still amazes me.. Remo is TOTALLY biased towards his toli. I wonder how much more obvious he can make it now...or how much more obvious Colors can make the blatant partiality of the show? LOL For Mahduri...was it me, or did I see some actually GENUINE praise for Shibani and Rashmi from her? I generally get a monotonous and scripted vibe to her comments this season, but she seemed truly impressed with Shibani and Rashmi to me, especially Rashmi. Karan in the beginning had flashes of genius in his comments but he makes no sense anymore..Isha had great expressions ROFL Seriously what rubbish now??? LOL

The 4 best acts were the ones you pointed out Pallo..Ritiwk + Sneha, Darsheel-Avneet, Shibani-Puneet...and of course Rashmi-Deepak. Truth be told I think Rashmi-Deepak were the best I've seen in JDJ5 yet. I loved the concept, the choreography, how CLEAN it was overall with synch and movements..Rashmi-Deepak were totally in character. Thank god she's here, I really want to root for her. Deepak is so happy to finally have a GOOD dancer who can do justice to his great choreographies. I agreed with Madhuri that they raised the level of the 10's. Finally a deserving 30/30. And it's probably too much to hope for...but I hope that the judges finally get stricter on their 10/10. The other 30's paled in comparison to this one.

Karan-Mohena. LOL. That's exactly what I thought too..Mohena is taking exactly what she did in DID3 and putting in JDJ. Funny thing is...she's STILL unimpressive in those acts...and Karan lol. What was he doing only?  Randomly lifting Mohena around and doing those DMG-esque "lowe" scenes only. LOL 

Next week is all about Indian styles right? Bhangra, folk, and all? Chalo I hope we'll some new stuff.

DID:
I loved the Rohan-Raghav act as I said in another thread..Total Raghav and his parchai dancing and having fun :D My fav bit was the one where Rohan walks on Raghva's feet. Saumya-Raghav were veryyy sweet! I loved the thought that went behind it and the depth + love they brought into the act with that song.

Prince-Faisal were fun but I didn't think ki itne ache the jitna Geeta and Marzi were fawning over them for. Jeet-Neerav were good too..Jeet deserved a little more praise than he got definitely. He was decent for his first time at contemporary. Kruti/Om had too many flaws :S

On Sunday, I liked Rohan's performance a lot. It was so very creative and FUN. Rohan has so much EASE while dancing and a great clarity in his movements. I LOVED the different ways Rohan used that ring... very creative choreography from Raghav's end. I wish it got more praise too.

Jeet's act was fun too. Interesting concept and Jeet executed it well :D

I have to agree with Anu on Saumya's act though. It did leave me a bit underwhelmed. Yeah the nail bit was done well and the song choice was also interesting because it's not a popular one..but I dunno...I loved her Pareshaan and Aaja Nachle performances more. This one didn't wow me as much.  :S

I loved loved the AV's. LOL Seriously the bonding Raghav has with his kids is unmatched on the show...what he said about Rohan and Saumya's harkatein was so sweet and hilarious too LOLLOL What a bachcha Raghav is LOL 

Jeet was hilarious LOLLOL Bechare Neerav ka toh totally kabada kad diya. Neerav had the best bonding with Shreya I think..Jeet and him aren't that close...

Ruturaj has gained weight and the ease with which he danced is not there that much anymore, though he's still fun...but Faisal was totally outshining him. The LM2 kids seem better as of now...and waise bhi they'll be coming in straight from this season...who knows if the LM1 kids have kept up with their dancing..I wonder who the judges are..Remo's out. Don't tell me it's Geeta and Marzi again. Sleepy

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
I is in the process of making avis...but seriously heart these two moments SO SO SO muchHug...itni genuine affection and bonding is so very rare to see nowadays...love love loveee how affectionate Raghav's hugs for the kids are...and they so OBVIOUSLY adore him to death.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kavkmpigbelly4myfeetgilmores

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
@Himani: Totally agree about Ruturaj...what has happened to him? Seriously very disappointing considering what a PATAKHA this kid used to be as a dancer...especially on Boogie Woogie too...he seems to have stopped training and practicing.  Faisal totally OWNED him in that dance-off or whatever it was. LM1 has other good contestants that can be competitive...Vaishnavi, Atul, Jeetumoni, and if Avneet finds time from JDJ, she can do this show too...lol

But yeah I have a softer corner for LM2 as of now for sure.

Re: JDJ...Rashmi was very good, yes but I guess I just generally don't find Afro jazz interesting to watch...all the junglee hopping around gets repetitive and blahh to watch...just my opinionLOL...but yeah otherwise they did justice to the dance form they did I guess.

Edited by AreYaar - 06 August 2012 at 4:56pm

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

Go to top