Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

Respect. (Page 11)

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
I heard raghav gushing going on here. Mujhe dekhne doo :D

Paytonlee Goldie
Paytonlee
Paytonlee

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 7:49am | IP Logged
he is the best skipper this year!! from day1 he was the skipper who cant sit quietly when his group is dancing..he is always on the edge and he will always look scared when his team is performing..i dont notice this in the other skippers..this differentiates him from others..
i also love the way he knows when to be serious and when to have fun..he emotionally bonded with his team and it shows all the time..i loved the way soumya hugged raghav when she fell during the performance..he was patient and encouraging her and also i loved the way he carried rohan when he was too weak to walk..
finally i want to say i respect crockroaz..he has all good qualities...entertainer,dancer,a parent,fun

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

-Alinaa- Goldie
-Alinaa-
-Alinaa-

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

I have so much respect for Raghav and Soumya as choreographers and dancer. Clap

I just felt SO bad for Soumya after today's episode. Seriously, SUCH an amazingly graceful performance by Soumya...so beautiful and she didn't even get enough appreciation for it! What more are these people looking for?!?! 

Soumya was by far the best today! Along with Rohan...but I enjoyed watching Soumya more today. I honestly wanted to give her a standing ovation myself...I was just so surprised that she didn't get much praise for it. 

I had absolutely no trouble connecting with that performance. W*F were Geeta and Marzi talking about? :S I am honestly very confused here...like WHAT were they looking for?

I thought Raghav was genius in mixing the classical Kathak beats with this song. It just FIT so well for me. And Soumya was just PERFECT. Clap She didn't miss a SINGLE beat...a single pause, a single moment of expression, a single footwork/spins...ANYTHING. What a polished and graceful dancer she is. And that too at this age. I really haven't seen a kid this perfect as a dancer..not even on DID LM 1. You can give her any move/any style...she just has this FLOW. As if she has been dancing/moving since forever and she makes it look so EASY. Truly a treat for the eyes! Clap

Gosh, she is just SO graceful...Day Dreaming...the way she makes each step...each movement just flow into one another...it's beautiful. It's poetry. It's so pretty and soothing to watch. It makes me want to dance around in my room like that for HOURS. That's how inspiring this kind of dancing is. 

Seriously, Soumya didn't miss anything in this performance today. Not a single moment of expression/adda...beat...nothing. She deserved a grand salute and much more today. I just felt so bad. 

I loved Ritesh for what he said though. Thumbs Up I'd totally give this girl a 100/100 for this performance too! 

Another point I have to make...is that comment about choosing a better song. SERIOUSLY!??! I love this song...and Raghav/Soumya's classical interpretation to it was so beautiful. The classical beats were perfectly put into the song. 

Anyways, total respect from my side. 

Finally found this topic, which speaks my mind. I am really glad that most of the people are not satisfied with Geeta's comment on Saumya's performance. 
I agree with each and every word of yours. Saumya is just out of the world. Her dance is a treat to watch. I think she should win (based on talent)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Some one needs to write it to Geeta's FB or Twitt her...The more comments are made may be she will rethink her attitude.
FoxxyCleopatra Groupbie
FoxxyCleopatra
FoxxyCleopatra

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
I have been reading all the posts here, and I totally respect you for making this topic!  Finally a place to discuss dance without people trying to nitpick through posts.

The pareshaan kathak dance was beautiful, and nobody can take that away from Soumya or Raghav.  At first I was a little confused by the song choice, I guess because we have become so used to seeing zero imagination in this department.  But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of that song for a kathak performance.  From what I looked up (lol, I have zero dance training but love learning about it) kathak is about story telling... and the song really is very expressive in that sense.  Combined with some of the detailed movements and Soumya's beautiful expressions, it came together to make sense how she is expressing her confused and conflicting feelings.  Although there was no religious reference, I don't see how the idea of the song is different from those usually used in kathak.  What a bad reason to give negative comments!  I couldn't believe that Geeta - usually whining and crying about the lack of classical on stage - had nothing to say about Soumya's flawless dance and Raghav's excellent choreography. 

I am soo happy to see praise for Raghav here, he has been a total revelation!  He was the only person who stood out as unique to me in the third season of DID (which was probably the worst season by far!)... but he did used to seem kind of like eh I'll do what I want, whatever - types, but in DID LM he has stepped up so much.  I love seeing his creativity!  Such a lovely change from the typical interpretations of songs and dance.  Though I do think sometimes he gets so excited in the details that the little moves start looking kinda tedious (esp in Soumya's recent solo)... but even then it is great to see someone actually putting thought into dance... definitely way better than uninspired acrobatics or jumping around!  I also love seeing Raghav's genuine heart and personality shining through, so refreshing to see someone naturally easy-going and funny without being rude!

Another act I loved was that of Soumya with Ankita, it was too pretty!  It was simple but beautiful, and I have never seen the song used that well in dance before.  The whole act was so pleasing to the eyes, and it sure helped that both looked beautiful too!  The Raghav and Ankita dance was adorable as well, Raghav looked so bowled over... I wish they had shown the full segment in the episode though.  I also liked the dance Rohan and Gunjan did, the choreography was super cute and Gunjan really surprised me with her abilities... but the one that took the cake for me that day was Jeet the frog!  How cute was that!  The princess and the frog was a very sweet and age appropriate idea, and Jeet made it look so easy, going up and down and all around with the moves.  It was a great episode overall, actually, everyone did pretty well.  Rithvik was impressive in keeping up with the crazy amount of moves, but I do think he needs to clean up and smooth out his moves a little (for his future in JDJ). 

One question... what was the fork and spoon dance about?!?  SO RANDOM.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shivenishakti_rockpigbelly4myfeetgilmoresAreYaar

Tasminj Newbie
Tasminj
Tasminj

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Jeet is simply the best.
His performances are mind blowing.
Yet he never seems to get the respect he deserves from both the judges and those fans who just seem to enjoy dismissing him.

They are putting inferior quality acrobatics and gymnastics in front of real dancing.

What's really going on?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeet

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
totally out of topic, but ruturaj came today with his trademark dil to bachha hain jeen dance, he danced beautifully but what went wrong, has he stopped training? he seems to have ballooned up.
shakti_rock IF-Dazzler
shakti_rock
shakti_rock

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

totally out of topic, but ruturaj came today with his trademark dil to bachha hain jeen dance, he danced beautifully but what went wrong, has he stopped training? he seems to have ballooned up.

Yeah...aur bhi motu ho gaya hain...Even His Footwork was heavy..Faisal toh literally ate him up...
I hope Jeeumoni , Viashnavi and Atul  still be in thier best form. Because to me ..Season 2 Kids seems to be Stronger in Competition . Rohan , Soumya , Faisal and Jeet ...Awesome Foursome...:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetLeadNitrate

Go to top