Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

Respect. (Page 10)

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:08pm | IP Logged

Awww!!! You avi'd it!!! YAAR! It's so adorable! I could just stare at this for a while...it's like the most adorable gesture ever! 

One of the things that make Raghav's choreography so special is these little gestures he puts in. Like those "heart" hand movements he makes too...it's like he just wants to CAPTURE the essence of whatever he wants to express. And he just genuinely wants to pass it on...he would teach this style to everyone if he could. He just loves it so much. And it's totally catching on too...everyone around Raghav seems to be inspired from his style instantly. LOL It's totally contagious. :) 

Ahh and just such a SWEET gesture to pass on this "fireball of energy" to Soumya. Honestly, this may sound crazy...but I always look forward to Raghav wishing his kids before their performances too!!! lol He does it in SUCH a genuine way. As if he actually CARES about them...as if he cares enough to inspire them. Cares enough to WANT them to give their best. And cares enough to give them a little boost, or a little burst of positive energy or "life" or a feel...so that they can perform their best. Ahh...he's such an awesome mentor. Like you said, he has totally surprised me. 

And he totally reminds me of Terence that way too. Terence always wishes his students in such a genuine and caring manner too before their performances. No wonder he shares SUCH a special bond with each one of his students. As if they matter to him. 

And Raghav's the same way. Honestly, you can just see how much he has gained from Terence's training. I was actually watching a few of his earlier performances on DID. Including his auditions (before his interaction with Terence in other words). And it's like his inspiration..his creativity just grew SO much more after Terence's mentorship. He got so much more discipline for one, like you said...and just this direction to his creativity...his thoughts and ideas. I truly think that Terence encouraged him and guided Raghav in a way that made HIM also understand how special his dance style is. Only a true artist can appreciate another one. And it's like that positive energy that can be transpired...a mutual excitement and inspiration over things that fascinate you. I think Terence and Raghav shared that...plus of course Terence had so much experience to provide Raghav. 

And Raghav is bringing all those qualities back to his kids too. It's seriously so special I think...it's super sweet and endearing and heartwarming. :)

And don't you LOVE Raghav's smile too as he is wishing Soumya! Eee it's SO adorable. I love that you avid that too!!! Especially that little gesture of his when he props his chin on his hands and has that smile...and he's just looking at Soumya with so much pride and affection...and wistfulness. It's super sweet. His affection for Soumya is like so CLEAR. It's SO genuine and just crystal clear for everyone to see. 

I haven't seen someone THIS genuine on TV in a long time! I could just hug this guy, he's wayyy too endearing.  HugLOL

I wish we had gotten to see more of Raghav's group dances with his kids. They were so much fun to watch. I miss those. lol 

Baaki...I shall reply to the rest of you guys' posts later...too tired at the moment. Thanks for posting that Aakansha vid too Anu! I will watch that later too...sorry I know I made you post that for me...but now I'm not so much in the mood to watch that right now...Embarrassed...I will soon though, promise...:D 

@shakti_rock: Aww thanks for posting that Rohan performance. One of my fav's of this season...and I loved all those bits you pointed out too! How often do you get to see this kind of soulful, genius, sweet, and genuinely creative choreography and dancing? Totally watching this again. 

I also want to watch that "I'm sorry jaane bhi do" group performance of Raghav and gangs'. LOL It was so hilarious and dorky and adorable! 

P.S. I am chorrying your "fireball" avi! Approve 

P.S. 2: I also want to see Terence again on this show...which reminds me of the last time he did come on LM. And he INSTANTLY spotted that change in Raghav. That serious wala change...I just love firstly that he instantly noticed that. Even we've noticed that change in Raghav (though we obviously don't know him on a personal level)...and how much his discipline, maturity and responsibility towards the kids has increased. And then I loved how Terence told him to relax and that he's doing a great job. :) Aww. 

Ok I need to stop gushing now and go to bed. :P Eee I just love this guy. *gushy muh some more* :D :D 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 31 July 2012 at 8:20pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmoresAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
So I was watching this group performance of Raghav and gang again. The very FIRST Raghav ke rockstars group performance:

Ok this is SO cool...but look at all those little gestures he had for his kids and he thought of them from the first day itself! Like that "fireball" gesture is there. Something I'm sure was just like a thing for this group. 

And then notice all those "elements" Raghav used to 'represent' each of the kids. Didn't Soumya do that "water" flowing step in her "Aaja Nachle" performance too? Doesn't that symbol TOTALLY suit her too...because her dancing is like water in a sense...TOTALLY graceful and flowy. 

I just love how this group was so THERE and together from their very first performance only! And look at how much thought Raghav put into this! It's so frickin' cool! 

Amazing how Raghav's style can be so creepy/intense/eerie one instant and so endearing/humorous/goofy the next and then so soulful/heartwarming/touching the next...what HASN'T he shown? What mood I mean? What feel? 

I loved his opening line too...that the audience will now get to see the FEEL from the kids' side. He does tend to use this word 'feel' a lot which I think is also an indication of how much his dancing comes from WITHIN him. It's totally and 100% a matter of expressing what comes from inside for him. Which is what dance/any art form should be. And that's what he wants his kids to do too. 

I also think this "feel" word is totally inspired from Terence too. :P lol. Because he also uses this word all the time. :)

And just that slow motion effect he creates on stage is just something else altogether. 

I have to say...that slow mo style seems so hard. No one but Raghav can do it that well. Only Rohan has managed to come close...which shows his ability too because he has obviously never attempted something like this, before his interaction with Raghav. The fact that Rohan can do it so well is really commendable. 

Ok I'm done now...:D 

gilmoresAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
I am back...

I was just watching this, again too:

The famous "dil kyun yeh mera" act of Raghav's. And I just LOVED what Terence said about Raghav after that performance. The bit about everyone being able to do "steps" but getting that feel is an entirely different thing altogether. I SO agree with that. That is what makes certain dancers different from other average ones in my opinion. 

And even more than Raghav's actual dance style (even though that itself is a phenomenon too)...it's that feel he is able to portray that makes him stand out even more. That emotion is like there in his dancing to the very CORE. That's what's the most special thing. 

And man, I totally forgot about Raghav's impromptu "loose motion" choreography. ROFL Especially the way he adjusted his choreography to portray that "loose motion" feeling even on the lyrics "idhar nahin, udhar nahin"...ROFL seriously WHAT a genius! LOL

Ok I need to go to bed, clearly. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.shona.gilmoresDabulls23AreYaar

shakti_rock IF-Dazzler
shakti_rock
shakti_rock

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by shakti_rock

Has anyone of you seen this Performance from Rohan..??

This is the Best piece of choreography from Raghav...WOW..WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW...What CREATIVITY...He choreographed each and every moment , every lyrics...Beautifully...

Such Beautiful Interpretation of this Song..Sun ri Sakhi ..ek toh I love this song and then such Beautiful Representation ...

Some bits were just Superb ..

Kadmo tale Sajni...
The Flute Bit catched after "Mushkil hain Kitni "
The entire music Peice...The Teer Chalna ...Makhan Khaana ..The moments He does with Hand making it look almost Symmetrical ( arnd 0.55 )
Then the "Kiase tujhe Izhaar Karu mein Haalat is dil ki "
"Is dhakan mein .." -> This was Bit Interpretation of Dhankan..then that making Heart Shape with Hand .
"Dil mein Dhehshat si"
The best one..."Tere Kadmon ke jo Nishaan hain..Yaadon mein basau main "  ---> Raghav Dude Terence gonna be so Proud of You .Approve

Oh yes I've seen this act before and absolutely LOVED it too...Raghav has blown my mind even more as a choreographer on LM...he's outdone himself time and again...the creativity of this guy I'm just too much in awe of...and yes Terence would be SUPER proud of him...wish Terence would come on the show again...It's just lovely to see how much each of Terence's contestants grow under him...Raghav was super creative to begin with but it's almost like he learnt discipline under Terence on DID...ways to channel his creativity better and it's showing so beautifully with the kids in LM...I honestly had never thought he'd turn out to be this good a mentor/teacher but he's amaaazing at bringing out the best in these kids.

I loved all the choroegraphic pieces you mentioned in that act and yes it possibly is Raghav's best choreography on LM so far...his interpretation of each set of lyrics is just out of this world...the endearing quality there is to that is very uniquely Raghav and Rohan elevates it all even more with how wonderfully he performs it.

Absolutely Raghav really surprised me as a Mentor ...You know Raghav when came as  wild card , I thought  ki Raghav has just came for TP in DID ...Initially He dint had this Seriousness towards the Competition , infact Its more Pradeep who was seriosu about the competition , raghav was just having fun ...so I kind off felt weird when He was chosen as a Mentor . I though will this guy able to Mentor Kids but I can surely see how Terence have Affected him .He has got serious once he got into LM . Lolzzz...Terence too pointed out that ...I dont know I feel Raghav all together a Different Guy ...some where He has taken Dance Seriously ...

Isn't it wonderful There actually aa Dance form now Crocroaz Style ...lol..When Rohan performed "Abhi mujhe mein kahin"..They actually displayed Dance form Crockroaz Style ...Even when Soumya performed Raghav said Soumya gonna do basically my Style ...And it s true ...Raghav Style is actually different ...different then Hip Hp , Popping Locking ... Wow Its feels so Gooddd...
Out of all the DID Contestents Raghav is surely The MOST Creative One I have seen so far ...neither Jai , Dharmesh  can reach to this Level... Raghav is totally out of League ...I feels so good...to see Raghav growing and that too HOW ..

BTW..Can you tell on what Basis were the Contestants divided amongst the Mentors..??

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetgilmoresAreYaar

shakti_rock IF-Dazzler
shakti_rock
shakti_rock

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Since Raghav ke Rockstars Ki baat Chal Rahi hain...

This very first Performance of Yash and Susankat was soo very Soulful...
Such simple yet Beautiful Contemporary...

and the moment at 5:15 was MEGA GIGA Awwwiiieee...Yash tip toing hehhe to Kiss Raghav was...Day Dreaming

These Kids are really fond of Raghav...It's just to visible...

Edited by shakti_rock - 01 August 2012 at 9:15am

purpleymatter Senior Member
purpleymatter
purpleymatter

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Great thread!

I just found this video of Raghav performing at some event recently and damn I so badly want him to do a solo on a fully choreographed song on the show again. 

Some of his lyrical interpretations here are SO breath taking especially "mujhe tumse pyar hua" at 1:21... Day Dreaming  The feel he brings is just unmatched. Its like watching a cool music video on stage... he doesn't need special effects.

And a repeat of Tujhe Bhula DIya. This shows how INCREDIBLE he really appears live Shocked

And he should seriously patent his moves. I too noticed Neerav was copying his style in his solo and that was the first time I liked a Neerav's dance. lol

Edited by purpleymatter - 01 August 2012 at 9:21am

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Awww!!! You avi'd it!!! YAAR! It's so adorable! I could just stare at this for a while...it's like the most adorable gesture ever! 

One of the things that make Raghav's choreography so special is these little gestures he puts in. Like those "heart" hand movements he makes too...it's like he just wants to CAPTURE the essence of whatever he wants to express. And he just genuinely wants to pass it on...he would teach this style to everyone if he could. He just loves it so much. And it's totally catching on too...everyone around Raghav seems to be inspired from his style instantly. LOL It's totally contagious. :) 

Ahh and just such a SWEET gesture to pass on this "fireball of energy" to Soumya. Honestly, this may sound crazy...but I always look forward to Raghav wishing his kids before their performances too!!! lol He does it in SUCH a genuine way. As if he actually CARES about them...as if he cares enough to inspire them. Cares enough to WANT them to give their best. And cares enough to give them a little boost, or a little burst of positive energy or "life" or a feel...so that they can perform their best. Ahh...he's such an awesome mentor. Like you said, he has totally surprised me. 

And he totally reminds me of Terence that way too. Terence always wishes his students in such a genuine and caring manner too before their performances. No wonder he shares SUCH a special bond with each one of his students. As if they matter to him. 

And Raghav's the same way. Honestly, you can just see how much he has gained from Terence's training. I was actually watching a few of his earlier performances on DID. Including his auditions (before his interaction with Terence in other words). And it's like his inspiration..his creativity just grew SO much more after Terence's mentorship. He got so much more discipline for one, like you said...and just this direction to his creativity...his thoughts and ideas. I truly think that Terence encouraged him and guided Raghav in a way that made HIM also understand how special his dance style is. Only a true artist can appreciate another one. And it's like that positive energy that can be transpired...a mutual excitement and inspiration over things that fascinate you. I think Terence and Raghav shared that...plus of course Terence had so much experience to provide Raghav. 

And Raghav is bringing all those qualities back to his kids too. It's seriously so special I think...it's super sweet and endearing and heartwarming. :)

And don't you LOVE Raghav's smile too as he is wishing Soumya! Eee it's SO adorable. I love that you avid that too!!! Especially that little gesture of his when he props his chin on his hands and has that smile...and he's just looking at Soumya with so much pride and affection...and wistfulness. It's super sweet. His affection for Soumya is like so CLEAR. It's SO genuine and just crystal clear for everyone to see. 

I haven't seen someone THIS genuine on TV in a long time! I could just hug this guy, he's wayyy too endearing.  HugLOL

I wish we had gotten to see more of Raghav's group dances with his kids. They were so much fun to watch. I miss those. lol 

Baaki...I shall reply to the rest of you guys' posts later...too tired at the moment. Thanks for posting that Aakansha vid too Anu! I will watch that later too...sorry I know I made you post that for me...but now I'm not so much in the mood to watch that right now...Embarrassed...I will soon though, promise...:D 

@shakti_rock: Aww thanks for posting that Rohan performance. One of my fav's of this season...and I loved all those bits you pointed out too! How often do you get to see this kind of soulful, genius, sweet, and genuinely creative choreography and dancing? Totally watching this again. 

I also want to watch that "I'm sorry jaane bhi do" group performance of Raghav and gangs'. LOL It was so hilarious and dorky and adorable! 

P.S. I am chorrying your "fireball" avi! Approve 

P.S. 2: I also want to see Terence again on this show...which reminds me of the last time he did come on LM. And he INSTANTLY spotted that change in Raghav. That serious wala change...I just love firstly that he instantly noticed that. Even we've noticed that change in Raghav (though we obviously don't know him on a personal level)...and how much his discipline, maturity and responsibility towards the kids has increased. And then I loved how Terence told him to relax and that he's doing a great job. :) Aww. 

Ok I need to stop gushing now and go to bed. :P Eee I just love this guy. *gushy muh some more* :D :D 

Ofcourse I avi'd it! I just had to! I loved that moment so  much! Day Dreaming...and WORD to your description of it! Just the thought behind it...and yes the FEEL behind it which as you posted all these old videos came back to regarding what Terence and the others had said then...I remember when the Dil kyun yeh mera act first aired, I was in super awe of that floor turning step he did...lol but otherwise I wasn't AS huge a Raghav fan...but with each performance as more of his breathtaking creativity and personality started to shine through, I grew to adore this guy more and more...

WORD to the bit in bold...DITTO!

LMAO his loose motion choreographyROFL   I remember being so AWED that he did that like ON THE SPOT...his impromptu choreographies are honestly his BEST work sometimes...just the creativity of this guy *shakes head in amazement* blows my mind every time...the slow motion honestly is an effect of it's own...he doesn't need any camera tricks...he is the ultimate camera effect within himself...it's a god given talent that he's just honed beautifully with time even more.

Oh yeah I love his bond with the kids...the shine in his eyes as he was watching Soumya like you said...I had to avi it...his bond with the kids is too too too sweet...this side of Raghav's personality that we've gotten to see in LM with the kids is too amazing.

pigbelly4myfeetgilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Awww mega Raghav gush-fest going on here. I love all the videos you guys have posted and the discussions on them :D I shall just say ditto to everything LOL

He's so adorably lovable. And he really has grown so much over these last 6 months..I remember even I wondered if the adorable, goofy, fun, chilled out Raghav with his child-like innocence,  would be able to mature and be disciplined enough to teach kids...and he totally did :) Though I missed the old Raghav in between too lol. And yes, Terence would be super duper proud of him.

I don't know if it's true, but I remember reading on the forum that Terence is the reason Raghav stayed back in Mumbai after not making top 18..And I'm so thankful to Terence if it is true...seriously Raghav has been a revelation on this show :D His creativity, the way he FEELS every song, every movement is just amazing. Yep, it's one thing to be a technically perfect dancer and it's another to dance with FEELING. Honestly its pointless to be technically perfect if you can't even enjoy what you're doing..

Actually...Raghva reminds me a lot of Terence with his sincerity, passion for dance, pleasant attitude, bond with his kids, creativity and all...Day Dreaming

@Anu
Re: Jai and JDJ. Well I know. LOL But at least they should have him stand there with Darsheel-Avneet..if the judges don't say anything to him fine whatever...but at least don't make him non-existant on the show. Confused 

Edited by chocolover89 - 01 August 2012 at 4:47pm

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

Go to top