Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GoodByeMr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ok wanted to add about Raghav regarding the Baba act you mentioned...Yes, I so wanted to gush about that one with you a few days back but you weren't here only :P

This is his genius that in less than 24 hours he came up with that act and STILL put in his signature creative nuances...that signature goofy adorable humor that is so Raghav...he entertains with every fiber of his being...and he's always having so much FUN doing it that you smile along with him...

It's amazing to have seen this growth in him in hardly the last 6 months...when he strolled onto the DID stage, he had a bit of a brazen attitude initially ki I'm just gonna do my thing goofily along...but you could actually SEE when the discipline started to form in him under Terence's training and now watching him train his own students, that discipline has grown like TENFOLD and I can say this for very few DID contestants but you feel so PROUD watching this guy's GROWTH on every level...as a dancer, as a creative artist and the maturity in him as a person also...he's this interesting sa paradox right now as a kidadult who is so good natured and good humored about everything and at the same time this responsible mentor who takes his responsibility towards his kids VERY seriously...adores them so much and feels responsible for bringing out the best in THEM...in every way he can.
When Geeta and Marzi put him down today for no real reason...any logical person could also see there was no sense in what they were saying, still he took it with so much respect and good naturedly...these are the qualities that will take him far in life...the fact that along with being supremely talented and creative, he is such a wonderful human being...

I

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU, AND FOR THE BABA ACT RAGHAV ONLY GOT 45 MNS TO PREPARE IT   :(  :(    I JUST HOPE EITHER SOUMYA OR ROHAN  WILLL WIN
gaga64 thumbnail
the girl was sooo good! It's seems they want so much to kick her out! I think as Masters they should give comments when needed! My heart broke for her!!!! Shalini & jeet r such drama people!!!!
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

And notice how there wasn't even any repetition in this choreography. Except for the spins of course...but that's like necessary for kathak. Each "main pareshaan" is different...each moment in the choreography is interpreted with detail. It's so soothing and refreshing at the same time to watch. And just this whole classical dance interpretation to this song itself...super refreshing to watch.  Yeah I noticed that too after watching it a few times...barring the spins, all the other movements for each pareshaan were different and done SO beautifully...the kathak beats were SO well amalgamated into the song...seriously still dunno what Geeta and Marzi were blabbing about vis a vis disconnectπŸ˜•

Yep, awkward is the word. πŸ˜† What did you think of Raghav's paso doble waisse? Pretty cool I thought. Paso doble, Raghav style. lol It wasn't my most favourite of Raghav choreographies ever but it was still interesting. I was intrigued by the idea. πŸ˜† It didn't look so much latin as Raghav's style. lol But still very creative and interesting.  LOL I liked it...cuz I remember it was around the time when Geeta-Marzi were asking him to push the kids up a level or something and I got excited to see how Raghav would put a spin on poso doble in his style...most of the act toh was going basic paso doble until the very end when the Raghav spin on it started and that's the bit I REALLY loved cuz that made it a signature Raghav interpretation of paso doble with the whole robotics sa slow motion going on...lol...deffo a good attempt from him to do something different while still adding in his signature moves.

And Rohan's just such a sweet kid...how can you just not love him? lol He always just looks so solemn sa, and sweet sa. I think both Soumya and him are so sober and mellow no? There really isn't any overconfidence or hyperness in these kids.  These are two of the few kids this season who have a lot of maturity in both their dance as well as their personalities...they let their dancing speak for itself and don't waste time on side nautanki...

I was thinking that Siddesh and Jeet would've been so much fun together...but Siddesh wasn't really delivering 100% somehow. :S I think he forgot steps in between or something. Plus there wasn't enough goof in that performance from Neerav's side. Still fun...but not super great considering both Siddesh and Jeet are like so entertaining as dancers. I thought the song choice was really fun though. πŸ˜† LOL yeah Siddesh was good but he's been more fun than this in some other performances...still he was a lot of fun to watch regardless cuz these kind of nautanki acts are his forte and Jeet and him were a lovely combo that way...I liked the song choice too and all the gags that Neerav put in like the wild card oneπŸ˜†...enjoyable act.

What did you think of the Teri Deewani Soumya act waise? I liked that one too...especially the "mar gayi main, mit gayi main" step which was SO Raghav.
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

What did you think of the Teri Deewani Soumya act waise? I liked that one too...especially the "mar gayi main, mit gayi main" step which was SO Raghav. Oh yeah, I did like that one too. Yep, that "mar gayi, mit gayi" step was the best. I wish Raghav had put in a bit more choreography before the spins though. But I can see what effect he was trying to create. I thought the song was so suited for Soumya too. It's quite a difficult and mature song to perform on...but Raghav gave her appropriate choreography that she did justice too. And she was graceful as ever of course. 

I also liked her "yeh ishq hai" performance. I thought the remix was refreshing. And that flute bit was so cool. πŸ˜† Just the way this girl can catch each beat so perfectly is so commendable. 

Pradarshak thumbnail
Have you guys seen Soumaya-Rajasmita dance? Please go and check once more...Soumya ne to Rajasmita ko acche se pacchar di... DID & Geeta must have been embarrassed to see DID3 winner not able to keep up with Soumya's standard. Marji ne to ek bhi comment nahi di Rajasmita ko(or probably they cut it). I think even Geeta had to admit. What a shame for DID3! Edited by Pradarshak - 11 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Have you guys seen Soumaya-Rajasmita dance? Please go and check once more...Soumya ne to Rajasmita ko acche se pacchar di... DID & Geeta must have been embaraced to see DID3 winner not able to keep up with Soumya's standard. Marji ne to ek bhi comment nahi di Rajasmita ko(or probably they cut it). I think even Geeta had to admit. What a shame for DID3!

Rajasmita was so bad...Her posture was horrible and legs-knees bent..Just in few months after winning the winner already out of shape and could not dance like a champ...Look at Shakti, Salman they are doing wonderful..

Yep what a shame..😳
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
hey.bhaggu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

Naps!! πŸ€— Aww what a surprise yaar! πŸ€—And *ahem* sorry I still haven't replied to your pending PM. πŸ˜³ Will do so soon. 

OMG yes, WORD to everything you said. LOL I also keep going back and forth with my favourites regarding Soumya and Rohan. lol They're both awesome. You're so right...Raghav is really training them so well. These two never miss a beat! It's amazing! 

Like you said, there is that MAGIC in their performances that connects you to their dancing. Something special. And that Raghav touch too. Ahh I can't even tell you HOW much I love this guy yaar! πŸ˜† He's a blessing. Just out of this world creative...and BURSTING with ideas. πŸ˜† None of the other three skippers come close, really. It's the truth. 

It's all in his details. πŸ˜

And "flowing like a river" is so the perfect term to describe Soumya's dancing. Gosh, I am in such awe of this girl's grace, yaar. Doesn't it feel like she could just move like this forever and ever...she makes it look so smooth and easy...it's a treat for the eyes. 

And Rohan too...I agree. I loved that step you're talking about too. And the most brilliant thing for me was how he was doing the whole slow-mo, then fast...simultaneously move. You know? SO genius. And Rohan executed it perfectly. πŸ‘

I am just amazed at how these two kids didn't get a standing ovation over Faisal and all. πŸ˜• Doesn't make any sense to me. Seriously what is going on with the judging? Mediocre performances are praised to the skies. Like Faisal's performance...Marzi standing up on the table for that? Really? And then Soumya and Rohan don't get that? So messed up. 

I knew you would be surprised πŸ˜† Well I was bored yesterday so was roaming around forums yesterday evening before the show. Saw your post but hadn't seen the performance...and got so pissed with judges comments at soumya-raghav that I came straight here to vent my frustration πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

And seriously ditto to everything you said. You know all other performances I just see while multi-tasking but I can NOT do that with Rohan and Soumya's performances thinking that I would miss something beautiful, magical just by taking my eyes off it for even a second. And it's true because Raghav has so much to give in each and every moment of his choreographies. 

And you just stole words out of my mouth. She does make us feel dancing is so EASY...so effortless. Just plain beautiful. And I loved how Raghav even added those classical beats ta-thai. This girl caught each and everyone of them. She was flawless on the stage.

Even I loved that...which was actually the main essence of the dance😳 But even apart from that, I just loved those small-small moments. I didn't get to capture them all yesterday with one watch so I watched it again and man not only that boondein but that whole stanza was beautiful. Aasmaan ke canvas pe kalakariya karte hai...so beautiful was THAT? First making a canvas and then painting on it. I am just wow-ed but Raghav's imagination. When you watch his choreographies, you SEE dance as an ART. 

While other performances, they sure are nice and may be more difficult (with ropes and all) but the beauty lies in this simplicity of Raghav's choreography. And it may not be that simple as it seems because you have to remember such complicated details, interweave them and actually FEEL the song to let the audience connect...but it's amazing how SIMPLE these two kids make it seem like.

As for the judges...all I can say is they DON'T know how to judge.
frankshk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abduly4

After reading all bashing comments, I found that faisal and rohan are the weakest and definitely weaker than Tanay. Faisal is always getting more appreciation. His confidence is only due to one lady judge. Simultaneously, the lady judge could not do justice with the girl soumya as there was nothing wrong in her dance. 

πŸ˜† Jay Ho Geeta MA ki. πŸ˜ƒ
shika552 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I hate Geeta, when Faisal made so many mistakes in his duet act w/ dharmesh, Geeta barely criticized? him & when saumya performed soo well & the only mistake was the choice of song, Geeta went all out on saumya!!!! This is SO NOT FAIR!!! I used to love Faisal but Geeta made me unlike him b/c shes always partial towards Faisal even when he performs bad!! Well I still like Faisal but I'm not crazy abt him tht I used to be!! Geeta made me unlike Faisal.

After shalini, i hope om gets eliminated b/c rohan & saumya deserve to be in top 4 & besides last few performances of om hasn't been so good. even the masters said that om goes all over the place & he needs to control his energy. but then there are less chances of om getting out b/c then kruti would be out but then again om is not so good even uday was far more better than om & during the jugalbandi between om & jeet, jeet was far more better than om, & om is mainly good in doing stunts and contemporary.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Finally. πŸ˜†

So mahaan classical expert of DID Geeta ma is back to talking crap. What the eff was she on when she said "I didn't connect"? I thought THIS song FIT perfectly. It was so beautifully and CREATIVELY used for a classical interpretation and the Kathak beats fit really well...because this is an easy song to choreograph a contemporary routine to you know? And Saumya was sooo awesome in this. What grace, what ada, what expressions, what control <3 Everythign was bang on perfect and the best part...it was effortless and looked SO easy! Liek you said Pallo, she didn't miss anything..it was a flawless performance! 

She totally overshadowed Rajasmita the day before too. Rajasmita looked like a complete AMATEUR in front of Saumya..a KID. Seriously her dancing has toh deteriorated even more..and she won what...3 months back only? Even Geeta ma couldn't bring herself to praise Rajasmita..that alone explains how bad she was.

I loved Rohan's performance too..ek toh that song is perfect..there's SO much in it to get inspired from and Raghav really choreographed to the soul of the song..the hurried lifestyle vs the dreams bit...LOVED the Boode girti hain, the saapne/slower bits of the performance, and that sitting down and turning waala Raghva step..he manages to put in his style, his chaap everywhere na?? Then the hurried bits were so awesome too..and ROHAN toh was fab..the control, maturity, and expressions this guy has while performing is just so applaudable really.

I reallyyy loved that Paul-Rohan act on Saturday! It would take me a long time to list everything I loved, but seriously it was just SO creativee! I loved loved the way Paul and Rohan picked up every lyric of the song and danced to it! Right from "jab jab tere paas mein aaoun" and Paul goes closer to Rohan, then the "dil's" and ruk jaana's, the sukoon, yaad <3 Gosh I simply LOVED this act so much! Rohan and Paul were FABULOUS! Their synch, their expressions..I just loved it so much! I found Paul really boring in DID3, but he was so fantastic here! He totally should hve choreographed his own stuff on DID3. Geeta gave him such crap int he name of "hawtness."

Raghav, Dharmesh, and Prince's performance was so much fun! I loved their interpretations of each other styles and tracks..such kadak dancing from all 3 <3 Dharmesh is a better dancer than I remember him to be πŸ˜†

I was talking to Tani about this in your other thread Pallo...I wish they did a similar thing with Vrushali, Kruti, and Amrita too..it would have been so cool..all 3 doing classical!

I know I talked about this in your other thread but I loveddd seeing Vrushali again! Her grace, expressions are so unmacthed on this stage..I always get so excited when I see her <3 I didn't agree with Geeta at all when she was like Shalini is much better and other randomness b/c I toh didn't even know Shalini existed in that performance..though I loved how happily Vrushali took that comment from Geeta! Such positivity! Contrast to Rajastima who didn't look happy to hear that Saumya was better than her..Khair whatever, I've always loved how gracious Vrush is about accepting criticism..

Siddesh and Jeet were good fun though I saw someone steal the limelight from Siddesh in terms of nautanki for the first time πŸ˜† It could have been better, but fun overall..I liked Jeet's Manmohini too...for such a YOUNG age it's amazing what a great grasp of beats he has! His expressions, his kadakness as a dancer is so awesome :D Oh and that Chikni Chameli of his was the best one I've seen yet..Katrina really should die of shame, like you said Anu, that a SIX-YEAR OLD BOY outperformed her in every way. πŸ˜†

Faisal gets off easy..he was making mistakes all over the place and no one said anything..I toh don't remember what he did on Sunday either.

Om's Sunday performance was shit scary. I'm glad they told Kruti off for that. Dangerous stunts does not = challenging the kid. He's a CHILD for God's sake. Though the channel shouldn't even have let her do that performance with Om in the first place either.

I liked Amrita-Tanay's performance also. It was sweet :D

Oh and I'm very behind so I haven't seen this paso doble Raghav choreographed that you guys are talkign about...but umm anyways what the heck is an "aerial tango" ??? πŸ˜• How do you do a Tango in the air?

Yikes...this is TOO LONG. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Edited by chocolover89 - 11 years ago