pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I have so much respect for Raghav and Soumya as choreographers and dancer. πŸ‘

I just felt SO bad for Soumya after today's episode. Seriously, SUCH an amazingly graceful performance by Soumya...so beautiful and she didn't even get enough appreciation for it! What more are these people looking for?!?! 

Soumya was by far the best today! Along with Rohan...but I enjoyed watching Soumya more today. I honestly wanted to give her a standing ovation myself...I was just so surprised that she didn't get much praise for it. 

I had absolutely no trouble connecting with that performance. W*F were Geeta and Marzi talking about? :S I am honestly very confused here...like WHAT were they looking for?

I thought Raghav was genius in mixing the classical Kathak beats with this song. It just FIT so well for me. And Soumya was just PERFECT. πŸ‘ She didn't miss a SINGLE beat...a single pause, a single moment of expression, a single footwork/spins...ANYTHING. What a polished and graceful dancer she is. And that too at this age. I really haven't seen a kid this perfect as a dancer..not even on DID LM 1. You can give her any move/any style...she just has this FLOW. As if she has been dancing/moving since forever and she makes it look so EASY. Truly a treat for the eyes! πŸ‘

Gosh, she is just SO graceful...😍...the way she makes each step...each movement just flow into one another...it's beautiful. It's poetry. It's so pretty and soothing to watch. It makes me want to dance around in my room like that for HOURS. That's how inspiring this kind of dancing is. 

Seriously, Soumya didn't miss anything in this performance today. Not a single moment of expression/adda...beat...nothing. She deserved a grand salute and much more today. I just felt so bad. 

I loved Ritesh for what he said though. πŸ‘πŸΌ I'd totally give this girl a 100/100 for this performance too! 

Another point I have to make...is that comment about choosing a better song. SERIOUSLY!??! I love this song...and Raghav/Soumya's classical interpretation to it was so beautiful. The classical beats were perfectly put into the song. 

Anyways, total respect from my side. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Man I have already watched this performance 5 times. I am just in awe of the way this girl dances. πŸ˜ So flowy...so graceful. 

I love this one bit where she does this "blowing a wish" sort of a gesture...on the lyrics "kismat badalne laga dil mera" or something like that. I love these little genius details/touches in the choreography and Soumya NEVER misses them. This girl doesn't miss a SINGLE beat ever! 

OH and I loved this one bit where Soumya does this spin...and each time she turns she looks in a different direction...so through her spins she covers all four facing directions...forward, backwards, left and right...I just found it SO cool...especially how she was SO bang on the spot and the perfect timing with each spin. Those little quarter spins are hard to do. This girl's such a pro. 

These are the qualities I admire in a dancer...which sadly never get appreciated enough. Even Rohan is awesome with the control he has and his timing with the beats. I feel he is a much more sharper dancer in terms of control and clarity than Faisal that way. 

I think that Jeetdas kid is an awesome dancer too, especially for his age. Even when he was impromptu dancing with Ritesh today...he was just on fire! πŸ˜† SUCH a natural he is. πŸ˜† You can tell he just genuinely LOVES to dance...he can basically pick up any move on the spot too. lol And what intelligence he has too...the way he is able to express to music like that...at his age...is so genius and commendable. 

I want one of these three kids to win...they are just so brilliant. 
Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Same here. I am watching that performance over and over again. I don't know whats Geeta's problem that she didn't felt connected to Soumya's performance I think she got problem with that song. My fav song.πŸ˜• I felt terrible for Soumya. 
hey.bhaggu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG Pals! I just finished watching her performance and I am so MAHA-pissed. What is this show about? Dance or the choice of songs? I think judges should see how the kid danced on the given song...and not how the song suited the dance πŸ˜† I am just so maha-pissed. Man remove all these people from the judges seat. And this is not the first time I have seen Geeta being biased. She has always done that. And btw, shouldn't the judges look upon the technicalities but here the judges seemed like they have become audience and the actual audience (me, you, others, and Ritesh) took the seat of judge. Seriously, he was so SPOT on. There was nothing about the performance that was out of the place. 

Total respect for both Raghav and Soumya. She was so beautiful with her expressions and each step was FLOWING like a river. You know this is what I just love about Raghav's choreographies...each one of them are like poetry. Just BEAUTIFUL. And ditto to that wish blowing moment. It was so beautiful. Full marks to Soumya.

I even loved Rohan's performance...especially loved the step that comes on this line "baarish ki boondein padhte hai". Man this guy (Raghav) is so freaking genuis. So much creativity that you just feel like capturing each and every moment. You know? 

I think Raghav has trained both these kids really well. And now I just can't choose who is my favorite. Rohan or Soumya πŸ˜† It keeps changing with each of their performances. So wouldn't mind if any one of these two wins...and they DESERVE to win. Other kids are good as well but the magic that these two kids bring on stage is undeniable. 

I keep looking forward to my weekends just to see Raghav's choreographies and these two kids performπŸ˜†πŸ˜³

But I hate it you know when the due performances don't get the credit and average performances get all the praises from these so-called judges. Meh...
Edited by hey.bhaggu - 11 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Ohhh so this time you made a post HERE to talk to yourself and then left? :P

Anywhoo...I have a lot to say about today's LM...

Firstly let's talk about Soumya's performance...WOW WOW WOW...the kind of GRACE this child has, bade bade logon mein nahin hoti...I remember the last time I loved a performance this KADAK from her, it was that "aaja nachle" act she did a few weeks back which Terence himself praised to the skies as well.

And today just WOW...what beautiful choreography...the song so CREATIVELY mixed to add in the kathak beats...on a slightly off-topic note...since I dunno if you bothered to visit your *ahem* somewhat controversial thread in the other dance show forum...I was given samples by ppl trying to explain to me how perfect Ms. expressionless acrobat is in that show...have you seen THAT performance on Pareshaan? You should if you can...watching Soumya dance so FLAWLESSLY on this song today and then hearing Geeta and co.'s comments afterwards just had me shaking my head in sadness...and a bit of bemusement on some level cuz how much do you want to bet that the brainless ACROBATICS performed on this song in the name of "dance" in the other show would have been lauded oh so much.

I can't explain how much it irritates me that genuine PURE dance is hardly appreciated anymore...GYMNASTICS are being passed off as dance...where is the ARTISTRY? The CREATIVITY?

THANK GOD for ppl like Raghav...who btw I felt the worst for today...much more than for Soumya...cuz Geeta still conveniently praised Soumya for being a great dancer, period but just BRUSHED Raghav aside! DISMISSED his wonderful choreography! Hadh hai!  And the comments were so SENSELESS for the act...WHAT didn't you connect with regarding the song Geeta ji? EXPLAIN toh karein...

What's hilarious is that she connected with that random GYMNAST ON ROPES act that Faizal performed which btw had  NO connection to the song and THAT was the performance of the day? Seriously I have no words for the STUPIDITY of today's epi...I really like Faizal but that was NOT choreography...it was random acrobatics and NOT dance...and THAT is what you call worthy of giving a standing ovation? Wow.

Anyways LOVED Riteish's genuine praise for the act and Geeta looked PISSED seeing him comment in praiseπŸ˜†

Apart from this I also LOVED Rohan's act...like seriously MINDBLOWING out of this world choreography...and this kid just takes Raghav's choreography to a whole another level...there was so much GENIUS in this act, I need to watch it a few times to actually manage to list out all the nuances of choreography that blew me away...that one bit where Rohan alternates b/w the slow mo and being pulled back by something...GENIUS...

As for the rest...WHAT is Shalini still doing in this competition...your time's up kid...seriously she can't even hold on to basic BALANCE...aise log abhi bhi competition mein hain...amazing...and that Om kid...god he annoys the hell out of me.

And finally I must talk about Jeet even though this out of the Raghav domain that this topic is about...but dude I LOVE THAT KID...and these judges are not being fair to him either...that guy is a PATAKHA...Till date I'm yet to see a satisfying performance on Man Mohini but this kid just BLEW ME AWAY today...he's SIX...freakin SIX...and what BEAT SENSE he has...what a sense of rhythm and timing...he's a TRUE prodigy...I toh think he's already beyond the scope of this competition at such a young age...the intelligence that shines through with his ability to INSTANTLY pick up a step...do any style and do it SO well...and what expressions...COMPLETE package he is...I watch him in awe every time, no joke...I can sit and watch any performance of his on repeat...especially the last few toh have been SUPER awesome.

The way the voting is being obviously rigged at this point...there are chances of Rohan leaving next week...if not him then someone from Prince's team...it's obvious ab inhi teams mein se kisi ko nikaalenge to leave every skipper with just one contestant...Shalini should go...seems like Om is here to stay even though that kid seriously I dunno what he is dancing.
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: hey.bhaggu

OMG Pals! I just finished watching her performance and I am so MAHA-pissed. What is this show about? Dance or the choice of songs? I think judges should see how the kid danced on the given song...and not how the song suited the dance πŸ˜† I am just so maha-pissed. Man remove all these people from the judges seat. And this is not the first time I have seen Geeta being biased. She has always done that. And btw, shouldn't the judges look upon the technicalities but here the judges seemed like they have become audience and the actual audience (me, you, others, and Ritesh) took the seat of judge. Seriously, he was so SPOT on. There was nothing about the performance that was out of the place. 

Total respect for both Raghav and Soumya. She was so beautiful with her expressions and each step was FLOWING like a river. You know this is what I just love about Raghav's choreographies...each one of them are like poetry. Just BEAUTIFUL. And ditto to that wish blowing moment. It was so beautiful. Full marks to Soumya.

I even loved Rohan's performance...especially loved the step that comes on this line "baarish ki boondein padhte hai". Man this guy (Raghav) is so freaking genuis. So much creativity that you just feel like capturing each and every moment. You know? 

I think Raghav has trained both these kids really well. And now I just can't choose who is my favorite. Rohan or Soumya πŸ˜† It keeps changing with each of their performances. So wouldn't mind if any one of these two wins...and they DESERVE to win. Other kids are good as well but the magic that these two kids bring on stage is undeniable. 

I keep looking forward to my weekends just to see Raghav's choreographies and these two kids performπŸ˜†πŸ˜³

But I hate it you know when the due performances don't get the credit and average performances get all the praises from these so-called judges. Meh...

Naps!! πŸ€— Aww what a surprise yaar! πŸ€—And *ahem* sorry I still haven't replied to your pending PM. πŸ˜³ Will do so soon. 

OMG yes, WORD to everything you said. LOL I also keep going back and forth with my favourites regarding Soumya and Rohan. lol They're both awesome. You're so right...Raghav is really training them so well. These two never miss a beat! It's amazing! 

Like you said, there is that MAGIC in their performances that connects you to their dancing. Something special. And that Raghav touch too. Ahh I can't even tell you HOW much I love this guy yaar! πŸ˜† He's a blessing. Just out of this world creative...and BURSTING with ideas. πŸ˜† None of the other three skippers come close, really. It's the truth. 

It's all in his details. πŸ˜

And "flowing like a river" is so the perfect term to describe Soumya's dancing. Gosh, I am in such awe of this girl's grace, yaar. Doesn't it feel like she could just move like this forever and ever...she makes it look so smooth and easy...it's a treat for the eyes. 

And Rohan too...I agree. I loved that step you're talking about too. And the most brilliant thing for me was how he was doing the whole slow-mo, then fast...simultaneously move. You know? SO genius. And Rohan executed it perfectly. πŸ‘

I am just amazed at how these two kids didn't get a standing ovation over Faisal and all. πŸ˜• Doesn't make any sense to me. Seriously what is going on with the judging? Mediocre performances are praised to the skies. Like Faisal's performance...Marzi standing up on the table for that? Really? And then Soumya and Rohan don't get that? So messed up. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Ok wanted to add about Raghav regarding the Baba act you mentioned...Yes, I so wanted to gush about that one with you a few days back but you weren't here only :P

This is his genius that in less than 24 hours he came up with that act and STILL put in his signature creative nuances...that signature goofy adorable humor that is so Raghav...he entertains with every fiber of his being...and he's always having so much FUN doing it that you smile along with him...

It's amazing to have seen this growth in him in hardly the last 6 months...when he strolled onto the DID stage, he had a bit of a brazen attitude initially ki I'm just gonna do my thing goofily along...but you could actually SEE when the discipline started to form in him under Terence's training and now watching him train his own students, that discipline has grown like TENFOLD and I can say this for very few DID contestants but you feel so PROUD watching this guy's GROWTH on every level...as a dancer, as a creative artist and the maturity in him as a person also...he's this interesting sa paradox right now as a kidadult who is so good natured and good humored about everything and at the same time this responsible mentor who takes his responsibility towards his kids VERY seriously...adores them so much and feels responsible for bringing out the best in THEM...in every way he can.

When Geeta and Marzi put him down today for no real reason...any logical person could also see there was no sense in what they were saying, still he took it with so much respect and good naturedly...these are the qualities that will take him far in life...the fact that along with being supremely talented and creative, he is such a wonderful human being...
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ohhh so this time you made a post HERE to talk to yourself and then left? :P  LMAO yep...something like that. :P πŸ˜† 

Anywhoo...I have a lot to say about today's LM... YAY! :D Lamba chauda post from Anu...wohooo! :D *sits down araam se to read* πŸ˜

Firstly let's talk about Soumya's performance...WOW WOW WOW...the kind of GRACE this child has, bade bade logon mein nahin hoti...I remember the last time I loved a performance this KADAK from her, it was that "aaja nachle" act she did a few weeks back which Terence himself praised to the skies as well. YES YES YES!! Thank you! SO many adults don't have the kind of grace this kid has! πŸ‘You'll find great examples of these "adults" in the JDJ forum...:P πŸ˜†...*points to that forum*. Ok I couldn't help that...but really Soumya's grace... it's so NATURAL. It's so easy. As in she makes it look so easy and effortless. Yep, I am SURE if Terence was here, he'd have praised this to the skies too. πŸ˜† And then bichare Geeta/Marzi too would have to go along with that. πŸ˜† 

And today just WOW...what beautiful choreography...the song so CREATIVELY mixed to add in the kathak beats...on a slightly off-topic note...since I dunno if you bothered to visit your *ahem* somewhat controversial thread in the other dance show forum...I was given samples by ppl trying to explain to me how perfect Ms. expressionless acrobat is in that show...have you seen THAT performance on Pareshaan? You should if you can...watching Soumya dance so FLAWLESSLY on this song today and then hearing Geeta and co.'s comments afterwards just had me shaking my head in sadness...and a bit of bemusement on some level cuz how much do you want to bet that the brainless ACROBATICS performed on this song in the name of "dance" in the other show would have been lauded oh so much. LOLL Yes, I saw those links in my *ahem* thread. And I watched them...areyy check this out...I toh even FORGOT what song those guys performed on until you just reminded me that it was ALSO "Pareshaan"...LOL...that just shows how forgettable that performance was. πŸ˜† Made no impact on me whatsoever. Also, shows how songs/music is just inconsequential in that pair's performances. LOL Yep, now THAT performance would've gotten standing ovations...grand salutes...and what not. Just sad really what the level of dance has come to on these shows. 

Now this was an example of how creatively and brilliantly the music was used. And how excellently Soumya performed. πŸ‘ She got the TINIEST of moments down. Doesn't it take YEARS for some adults to master stuff like that? I mean, I am still in awe of her perfection. She didn't miss ANYTHING yaar! Not a single flaw I could make out! It's just sad that this kind of dancing didn't get appreciated! For a child to perform THIS perfectly...and not get appreciated..I toh don't even know what to say. WHO wouldn't feel like appreciating this kid full on? How can you help it/restrict yourself I will never understand! 

I can't explain how much it irritates me that genuine PURE dance is hardly appreciated anymore...GYMNASTICS are being passed off as dance...where is the ARTISTRY? The CREATIVITY? I KNOW, I know!! WORD!!! What the heck is going on, really? Don't people get BORED watching the same superficial gymnastics all the time!? :S No one appreciates intelligence and creativity anymore it seems. And yeah, the genuine-ness too. That isn't "show off" dancing. Dancing to prove a point. It's pure, SOULFUL dancing. Actual imaginative interpretation to the music. 

THANK GOD for ppl like Raghav...who btw I felt the worst for today...much more than for Soumya...cuz Geeta still conveniently praised Soumya for being a great dancer, period but just BRUSHED Raghav aside! DISMISSED his wonderful choreography! Hadh hai!  And the comments were so SENSELESS for the act...WHAT didn't you connect with regarding the song Geeta ji? EXPLAIN toh karein...I know really, thank God for him. Yeah, true...I felt for him too. I guess since Soumya is the kid...it was just more visible on her face which made me feel for her. But yeah, Raghav totally got pushed aside here. The most W*F comment so far on this show really! I really didn't get it. I was toh honestly expecting everyone to give Soumya a standing ovation here! And the oddest thing was how no explanation was given...:S...so convenient to just say that "I didn't connect"...:S. Ummm...ok then...I toh didn't connect with this comment. Kya namoone bithaye hue hain judges ke naam pe. Well it's all scripted I guess. And when Geeta herself has acrobatics/gymnastics in her choreography all the time, then phir toh usse aur umeed bhi kya ki jaa sakti hai. Useless woman. 

What's hilarious is that she connected with that random GYMNAST ON ROPES act that Faizal performed which btw had  NO connection to the song and THAT was the performance of the day? Seriously I have no words for the STUPIDITY of today's epi...I really like Faizal but that was NOT choreography...it was random acrobatics and NOT dance...and THAT is what you call worthy of giving a standing ovation? Wow. I know. I like Faisal too, but really...standing ovation for that?? :S I am so finding Faisal repetitive now. He's getting  a little boring since Prince always gives him these religious types of songs too. And it's not like Faisal performs perfectly either. He makes quite a few mistakes which just get ignored all the time.

Really, it just amazes me...that neither of the judges had ANYTHING to say about the actual DANCING aspect of Soumya's performance. Oh she danced perfectly...everything was perfect...toh phir PROBLEM kya thi? KYA connect nahin hua? So useless. 

Anyways LOVED Riteish's genuine praise for the act and Geeta looked PISSED seeing him comment in praiseπŸ˜† LOL I wanted to hug Riteish for that! πŸ˜† And the camera actually captured Geeta's pissed off expression too. Bahaha. Paissa wasool moment of the epi. Thank God for Riteish's genuine praise. He toh even commented twice. I loved how he went so far as to say that he'd give a 100/100. Aur bolo. πŸ˜†

Apart from this I also LOVED Rohan's act...like seriously MINDBLOWING out of this world choreography...and this kid just takes Raghav's choreography to a whole another level...there was so much GENIUS in this act, I need to watch it a few times to actually manage to list out all the nuances of choreography that blew me away...that one bit where Rohan alternates b/w the slow mo and being pulled back by something...GENIUS... Yep, Rohan was fantastic too. πŸ‘ What was so cool...once again too...was Raghav's interpretation. How he can just adapt ANY song to his style is just amazing for me. And how sweet and awesome that he got a kid like Rohan who does SUCH justice to his style. Really, Rohan just adds his OWN genius to it too...his own expressions and everything. What a sweet sa kid he is isn't he? 

I loved that idea of this contrast between that pressurized...hurried/routine life...and then that slowing down/dreaming aspect. Aww. Perfect interpretation of the song. And yeah, like you said, the way Rohan was contrasting those slow mo moves with the faster dance moves. Very cool. He did it SO well. Especially little bits where he would go down in speed but then come back up in slow motion. What control. 

And that sitting spin Raghav wala step too. During the "sapne paala karte hain"...Awww!!! lol Rohan's expression there too was so perfect. Ahhh there's some MAGIC in Raghav's style yaar. He can just HOLD these moments so brilliantly. It's too inspiring! 

I found the appreciation for Rohan also very rehearsed types waisse. It wasn't like full on open appreciation. Ah well. I think they're scripting to eliminate Soumya and then Rohan will most likely go in the finale. 

Waisse what did you think of yesterday's episode too? Paul surprised me. He had awesome bonding with Rohan and their act together was so good! πŸ˜†

And I was just amused at the fact that Rajasmitha was the winner last time. Soumya was just owning her in their performance together. lol 

Pradeep was SO awesome too! And so was Amrita. And Vrushali, of course. :D lol 

As for the rest...WHAT is Shalini still doing in this competition...your time's up kid...seriously she can't even hold on to basic BALANCE...aise log abhi bhi competition mein hain...amazing...and that Om kid...god he annoys the hell out of me. Oh God, yes. I do not understand why she is getting so much hype. I did not like that "dad" performance of hers at all. Nor did I love that "arial tango" duet of Faisal and Shalini's. It was ok, but not amazing also. It wasn't executed perfectly at all. And that dad act was like emotional attyachaar big time. And that Om kid too. He just amuses me because he does whatever. πŸ˜† He really has NO idea what he is doing on stage. lol You just have to compare him to Jeet...since they are both of similar age and all...and what mindset and creativity Jeet has for his age! Like he GETS what he is doing! And he has the purposes in his dancing down...at such a young age. Whereas Om is just clueless. Doesn't help that Kruti isn't training him in that aspect either. She's not training him to have more control and having him understand what he's doing. I'm glad at least the judges reprimanded  Kruti for doing that fire act with that kid atleast. 

And finally I must talk about Jeet even though this out of the Raghav domain that this topic is about...but dude I LOVE THAT KID...and these judges are not being fair to him either...that guy is a PATAKHA...Till date I'm yet to see a satisfying performance on Man Mohini but this kid just BLEW ME AWAY today...he's SIX...freakin SIX...and what BEAT SENSE he has...what a sense of rhythm and timing...he's a TRUE prodigy...I toh think he's already beyond the scope of this competition at such a young age...the intelligence that shines through with his ability to INSTANTLY pick up a step...do any style and do it SO well...and what expressions...COMPLETE package he is...I watch him in awe every time, no joke...I can sit and watch any performance of his on repeat...especially the last few toh have been SUPER awesome. I know, I LOVE that kid too. He's SOOO cuteee, I want to take him home!!! lol I just wanna pick him up everytime he comes up on screen. lol ITNAA cute hai yaar! πŸ˜†

lol but besides that, seriously WHAT a find he is as a dancer. πŸ‘ Seriously, kahaan se dhoondh kar laye isse? lol...Yep, he IS beyond the scope of this competition, totally! I KNOW!! I am just AMAZED at how he can instantly pick up a step too!!! Like in his impromptu with Riteish. This kid is just a natural all around! Patah nahin bade ho ke kya karega. He's already so awesome. πŸ˜† And just the sharpness, the control he has. Kya kadak kadak steps karta hai...MANNN! His "chichni chameli" act was just WOW. Actually all of his acts have been SO SO entertaining...perfect package indeed. He has SOME expressions too! πŸ˜† I love this kid! πŸ€—

He was owning Siddesh too in their duet from yesterday. 

The way the voting is being obviously rigged at this point...there are chances of Rohan leaving next week...if not him then someone from Prince's team...it's obvious ab inhi teams mein se kisi ko nikaalenge to leave every skipper with just one contestant...Shalini should go...seems like Om is here to stay even though that kid seriously I dunno what he is dancing. Yeah, so predictable this show is. πŸ₯± And that stupid drama of the voting lines crashing or whatever. Lameness. I can't even tell you HOW much Jay B. irritates me yaar. Even more than ever!!! I just FF all the nonsense now. Kuch zyaada hi nonsense nahin ho rahi in this season? It's just intolerable now. 

But yeah I SO wish either Shalini or Om get eliminated next...but doesn't look like it. I totally thought Shalini was going to get eliminated way back. Don't know what she's STILL doing on the show. I was so glad that Tanay kid got eliminated though. He also annoyed me. 

Waisse, doesn't that Jeet kid look like he belongs more in Raghav's team than Neerav's team? lol I found it cute how he was sitting with Raghav's gang today and wishing Soumya for her performance. lol Don't know why he wasn't placed in Raghav's team. Those two are like made for each other. πŸ˜† You can tell they are such fans of each other too. lol It's super cute. 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Ok wanted to add about Raghav regarding the Baba act you mentioned...Yes, I so wanted to gush about that one with you a few days back but you weren't here only :P

This is his genius that in less than 24 hours he came up with that act and STILL put in his signature creative nuances...that signature goofy adorable humor that is so Raghav...he entertains with every fiber of his being...and he's always having so much FUN doing it that you smile along with him...

It's amazing to have seen this growth in him in hardly the last 6 months...when he strolled onto the DID stage, he had a bit of a brazen attitude initially ki I'm just gonna do my thing goofily along...but you could actually SEE when the discipline started to form in him under Terence's training and now watching him train his own students, that discipline has grown like TENFOLD and I can say this for very few DID contestants but you feel so PROUD watching this guy's GROWTH on every level...as a dancer, as a creative artist and the maturity in him as a person also...he's this interesting sa paradox right now as a kidadult who is so good natured and good humored about everything and at the same time this responsible mentor who takes his responsibility towards his kids VERY seriously...adores them so much and feels responsible for bringing out the best in THEM...in every way he can.

When Geeta and Marzi put him down today for no real reason...any logical person could also see there was no sense in what they were saying, still he took it with so much respect and good naturedly...these are the qualities that will take him far in life...the fact that along with being supremely talented and creative, he is such a wonderful human being...

Man, Anu, I LOVE you for this post. πŸ€— 

Thanks so much for wording everything SO perfectly. That is exactly how I feel about Raghav too. He's just so unique...his personality...his dance style everything. He's SO refreshing...so new, so creative. 

That baba act: I've watched it so many times...it just makes me smile. πŸ˜† I know...Raghav's basic goofy essence. I love that slow motion bit and the way he shows that "possesed" side. πŸ˜† And then the slow motion walk of course...AMAZING how he can just FIT that in ANYWHERE AND make it work too! Now everytime I listen to this song, and come to that part...ALL I can imagine is Raghav's walk. πŸ˜† And that little "thumka" he does in between...LOLL...SO goofy and creative yaar...this stuff just comes naturally to him. Like you said, it's like in the very FIBER of his being. You've got to be a natural to be that good I think. You can't fake this stuff...you can't try too hard at it. 

But yes, on the other hand too...that discipline aspect you mentioned. It is amazing to watch. His growth. Raghav...who is essentially a kid himself still...atleast that's how I viewed him in DID. And now, he has these mature sides. Like you said, you can see that he genuinely cares for these kids. You don't see that with any of the other skippers, no matter how much older/more mature they are than Raghav. He really is just inherently a good human being. I loved how he took responsibility for Soumya in today's episode...and how well he took that criticism. 

Raghav is like the most consistent thing about this show...yet he is always surprising us too with new and unconventional things. 

You know it amazes me too how he's able to choreograph such girly stuff for Soumya like the "aaja nachle" choreography and this "pareshaan" one. That "aaja nachle" one toh even had his signature slow motion bit in it. And this one too...had Raghav's details. Like that blowing to make a wish...that "phool/kante" bit. His choreography is just so touching...so convincing...so impactful...so soulful. 

Because he himself is such a soulful guy. You can see that he feels things. He isn't just mechanical and rehearsed about the way he behaves/interacts with people. Or even mechanical for the sake of being on camera. He's just himself. His genuine self. And that genuine factor is apparent in his choreography too. 

It just shows...NONE of the other skippers have been able to train their kids so well as to have them give perfect performances. Only Raghav has been able to train his kids to the extent that everything comes out easy, effortless, and perfect. Except Jeet of course who's just a natural. I don't think that kid even needs a choreographer. lol...but really of course Raghav has gotten brilliant kids too. But if you even look at their growth. I even loved his other two kids Yash and Susanket too. He was training them brilliantly too. I still recall that wild card performance of both Yash and Susanket...and they were both awesome. 

I think this guy has got to be by far my favourite contestant on this show so far. I like him even more than Vrushali. lol Though I like her in a different way...but he's just SO endearing. lol And his creativity really is unparalleled. What a unique style he brought to the dancing world na? Aww, I'm sure he'll go far. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Aww thank youuu, Pallo! *hugs back* Ju inspire me to write long essays, what can I say :P :P lol

Speakinggg of Vrushali...did you watch her act with Shalini yesterday?...I instantly thought of you when I saw her btw...lol...I'd hoped she'd dance with Soumya lekin usko Shalini ke saath chipkaa diya...lol...anyways it was SO nice to see Vrushali back...I miss her on the DID stageee...and then speaking of Kruti...dude I just don't like her attitude and the way she's "trained" this Om kid hasn't impressed me much either cuz of all the stunts and dangerous crap she makes him do.

I'm in the process of making avis on Soumya's performance and am even more wowed by the tiniest attention to detail in this performance...HOW can anyone feel disconnected with it is just beyond me *shakes head*

Anyways word to everything else you said about the season...Prince is not giving interesting choreographies to Faisal these days...that aeriel tango was like SUPER awkward in bits cuz Shalini has MAJOR balance issues that end up making her look awkward at many points...

Re: Jeet...eee I just want to eat him up, take him home like you said...itnaaa pyaaara baccha hai and what talent he has my god...yes he'd have been PERFECT for Raghav's team...phir toh koi door door tak Raghav ko waise bhi touch nahin kar paata competition mein...lol...OMG  you loved his chikni chameli act too? Me tooo! I was thinking while watching it ki Katrina should die of shame watching it cuz a six year BOY just blew her lame attempt at an item number out of the water...LOL

Oh yeah I LOVED Paul-Rohan's act in yesterday's epi too...I always felt that Geeta gave him crap choreography in DID3...remember that one time he was BRILLIANT in the epi when Terence got to choreograph him? LOL so yeah even this time when he got excellent choreography, he was superb.