India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

High suicide rates in India?

Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Recent studies studies show that India has the highest suicide rate among youth in the world. Not only that, suicide rate in India is slightly above the world rate; suicide rate in india is 20% as compared to 17% in the world! 
Statistics show that suicide rate is highest among wealthy people; 40% among men and a shocking 56% among women between 15 to 29 years. 
A large number of students are committing suicide because of the pressure and burden to score well. Everything from family pressure to peer pressure makes teenagers take such an important step everyday. 
Large number of women commit suicide due to domestic violence. A large number of farmers commit suicide since they're unable to pay their debts or feed their family. 
Why do you think the suicide rates are so high in India? Who do you think is responsible? 
What you think should be done about the extremely high rates?  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
The person committing suicide is responsible for suicide. NO ONE and nothing is to be blamed.

Heart, I dont see what's the big deal about suicides, every man has the right to live. It's his life, he can choose to die or live!

It is pitiful and depressing seeing how sooo many people commit suicides, but I have started to feel that if they(person committting suicide), isnt concerned about his life, why should we??

Such people arent strong enough to get through tough times of life.. it's proven by their mere act of committing suicide!

The causes for suicide are much deeper.. I honestly feel nothing, no external factors can be blamed. This is world, say hello to it, accept it, deal with it. Anyone before committing suicide should have the common sense that 'nothing lasts forever' ...bad times will pass by, he must also give his best and fight in order to get out of 'hard times' faster and stronger.

Talking about deeper causes - there's only two causes :

#1 - They dont love themselves.
#2 - Parents have an immense affect on a man's mind. Any man that's really attached, shares a COMMUNION with his parents, will never commit suicide.

Just loving yourself is ENOUGH for a person to stop himself from committing suicide even if he's facing the most UGLY and painful experience.

PS -- Suicides are everywhere, the rates are SO high in India because of the ginormous population compared to other countries, so much poverty, heavy transition in terms of economy and other fields(affecting the agricultural sector and other industries), unemployment amidst so much competition..

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 22 July 2012 at 1:42pm
Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

The person committing suicide is responsible for suicide. NO ONE and nothing is to be blamed.

Heart, I dont see what's the big deal about suicides, every man has the right to live. It's his life, he can choose to die or live!

It is pitiful and depressing seeing how sooo many people commit suicides, but I have started to feel that if they(person committting suicide), isnt concerned about his life, why should we??

Such people arent strong enough to get through tough times of life.. it's proven by their mere act of committing suicide!

The causes for suicide are much deeper.. I honestly feel nothing, no external factors can be blamed. This is world, say hello to it, accept it, deal with it. Anyone before committing suicide should have the common sense that 'nothing lasts forever' ...bad times will pass by, he must also give his best and fight in order to get out of 'hard times' faster and stronger.

Talking about deeper causes - there's only two causes :

#1 - They dont love themselves.
#2 - Parents have an immense affect on a man's mind. Any man that's really attached, shares a COMMUNION with his parents, will never commit suicide.

Just loving yourself is ENOUGH for a person to stop himself from committing suicide even if he's facing the most UGLY and painful experience.

PS -- Suicides are everywhere, the rates are SO high in India because of the ginormous population compared to other countries, so much poverty, heavy transition in terms of economy and other fields(affecting the agricultural sector and other industries), unemployment amidst so much competition..

With all due respect, I think there is obviously something wrong in the system where so people are committing suicides everywhere. Not everyone in India loves themselves or is weak, there is something wrong with the system. 
Talking about the system, I am an engineer, and I know what kind of pressure a student has to go through during the competitive exam days. The pressure to score well, the pressure of knowing that lacs of students are appearing for exams everywhere, the tension of getting admission somewhere.. overall for some students (or rather most) it is the toughest few months in your life and you don't know what to do with it. 
I do not think that they are not concerned with their lives, or do not love their loved ones, I think that it is in a moment of weakness that they are completely frustrated with life and decided to end it all at once. They do not realize that it will affect the people around him, they do not think about it. There are other people around a person who is always affected. 
Maybe they are not strong enough, or maybe he/she has too much one her, more than he/she can handle. What can you tell a young woman who is beaten and abused by her in-laws constantly? What can you tell an old farmer who can not afford to even feed his family? They feel helpless and so they decide to end it all at once, maybe. 

Edited by Heart - 22 July 2012 at 11:25pm
zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top