Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

AMAZING MEDICAL MIRACLES! - A FUN POST UPDT - Page 6

-Sukh- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: priya_86

Yes...the full form of CPR is cardiopulmonary r resuscitation. It is performed when a patient is in cardiac/respiratory arrest or impending arrest (various pointers for impending arrest like heart rate etc). Normally it is accompanied by ventilation and defibrillators (when patient is in arrythmia like ventricular fibrillation)😊

I've learned that you perform a CPR when the person is not breathing, and arnav did check if she was breathing before performing the CPR.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what we've learned...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya_86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -Sukh-

I've learned that you perform a CPR when the person is not breathing, and arnav did check if she was breathing before performing the CPR.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what we've learned...

Yes when a person is not breathing it means that he/she has an arrest (respiratory). Cardiac arrest means when you have no pulse beat. CPR is for both the systems. But only cardiac massaging and mouth to mouth is not enough. Since the heart is not pumping blood and the lung is not aeratingt he brain is not getting enough oxygen  and can have an irreversible damage, specially if more than 5-10 minutes. So ventilation is required for lung function and defibrillation for cardiac function.CPR is just a support till you ventilate and defibrillate the patient. Defibrillation may not be required always, but ventilation is usually necessary😊
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Yes it is high in stress/infections...nut generally we need a CBG testing for that. Assumption can be risky.

That is why always ask the diabetic to keep sugar with them. May be I should have made the post clearer. Metformin or sitaglaptin can decrease your blood sugar without causing a hypoglycemic episode. So of course skipping meal is not adviced but you can still go by that with NIDDM if you are on metformin but not with a sulfonylurea and definitely not when on insulin
priya_86 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: samin096

That is why always ask the diabetic to keep sugar with them. May be I should have made the post clearer. Metformin or sitaglaptin can decrease your blood sugar without causing a hypoglycemic episode. So of course skipping meal is not adviced but you can still go by that with NIDDM if you are on metformin but not with a sulfonylurea and definitely not when on insulin

Metformin generally doesn't cause hypoglycemia and it is a first line drug too. But there have been case reports of metformin induced hypoglycemia also though rare.
-Sukh- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes when a person is not breathing it means that he/she has an arrest (respiratory). Cardiac arrest means when you have no pulse beat. CPR is for both the systems. But only cardiac massaging and mouth to mouth is not enough. Since the heart is not pumping blood and the lung is not aeratingt he brain is not getting enough oxygen  and can have an irreversible damage, specially if more than 5-10 minutes. So ventilation is required for lung function and defibrillation for cardiac function.CPR is just a support till you ventilate and defibrillate the patient. Defibrillation may not be required always, but ventilation is usually necessary😊

Thanks for the reply

But a question; is ventilation needed even when the patient gain her/his breath?
priya_86 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Sukh-

USUALY IT IS VERY RARE TO RETURN TO NORMAL BREATHNG WITHOUT VENTILATIN (SORRY 4 THE CAPITAL LETTFRS.MY PHN OT ALLOWING SMAL LETTERS)

samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Actually not. If chest compressions and breaths resuscitate. Actually until  two decades back and still in many hospitals which do not have ALS systems this is used. Indeed for newborns chest compressions and artificial resp is preferred to synchronized cardioversion. In Khushi's case though I thought it was a case of head injury not cardiogenic shock from the fall and hurting head.

priya_86 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: samin096

Most important , is to clarify cardiorespiratory arrest can occur under any situation including brain injury. But again respiratory arrest occurs when the brain stem is affected (respiratory centre is located here). In my ICU we do follow the BCLS and ACLS protocol, and Cjest compressions are the initial stages of CPR (but they should be started when a patient is in brady with an impending arrest because if an arrest has occurred with H.R. below 20/min, there usefulness reduces). Secondly if a patient is apnoeic for a long time, anoxia/hypoxia leads to ischemic changes in the brain.During a CPR in the ICU setup, normally the dco on call stands near the head end with the AMBU bag (mouth to mouth is not the protocol ina any hospital as such), and then goes for intubation and ventilation, cardiac resync. may not be necessary. And in my ICU experience I actually have never seen a CPR  with successful revival without a mechanical ventilation.In fact after the revival we often go for post arrest hypothermia.
 In IPKKND , Khushi wasn't breathing which means she was apnoeic. I don't know about her heart rate...wasn't commented upon. But she was apnoeic for quite sometime, but still didn't have any ischemic changes in the brain

ojas_82 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes truly...these are amazing miracles😆
arsh_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lol now we should not be so particular about these