Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout II: And the winner is KKGSR... (Page 15)

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by Moksha51

2. Pros and cons of khoosie in mahaanta mode, leaving.. Aap ka kya khayal hai? 

Sorry Moksha, I completely missed this part. There are only pros for Khushi in this one! The way I read it; this isn't Khushi's mahanta this time. As much as she loves ASR, she has her pride at stake here.

For one, it is a contract marriage. Her place in the RM as a bahu, is because she is married to ASR. With the end of 6 months that ceases to exist. She walks away with her head held high, with pride!

Yes, he has called her his wife, she believes in her heart that he is her husband but the contract marriage has given her just 6 months. We know that it isn't that simple to just walk away from a marriage but her belief system will not permit her to stay any longer than 6 months. She becomes more of a mistress! If you remember, she actually closed her face in shame when she accepted this offer but she had no choice then. But now she does!

As a viewer, I would love to see Khushi walk away coz no woman should be taken for granted. There were other options for ASR. He punished Khushi over Shyam coz she was a softer target. He chose his Di's fantasy over a young girls future. He should repent this one. He should learn to respect a woman. Love without respect is no love just *ahem*!

He has to regret it and bring her into his home w/respect, as his bride.Another pro -  I get my SKD - uninterrupted courtship romance, rootna-manana from both ends...LOL

I don't know Sari, this is what all of us want, but the traditionalists who make up the crux of TV viewing here don't.
I think that's what Gul will do though, she'll bring in both situations. When Arnav will go to bring Khushi back she'll throw the contract on him, but Khushi's internal monologue will be "di ki liye"...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-howcomedesigirl_18ipkbsNewbiesoapfan

howcome IF-Dazzler
howcome
howcome

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged

Originally posted by docgirl

Originally posted by Newbiesoapfan

Sari -- you missed me -- I am Nah although I would like to lose to Koi shak any day! 

Ash sorry, that was me - galti se by mistake. got you now... on my team and with the exact same thought - soul sister moment! Hug

@Sari: I wish that were so about Khushi standing up for herself --- that's definitely my SKD, but I think Joey is right about how it will play out. Khushi's martyr complex rearing its ugly head again! Dead

Sheila - they cannot make her live in RM beyond 6 months. It will hurt the sentiments of most traditional/conservative Indian viewers. La was ok coz she wasn't the lead. There has to be a marriage after 6 months. Mahanta is secondary; tradition rules!

Though the end result is she walks out and pleases traditional folks... Her monologue will showcase mahantaa angle ...she will in her own head do it for mahantaa and that is what will irritate us! 

Edited by howcome - 22 July 2012 at 11:39am

-Maggie-docgirldesigirl_18ipkbsNewbiesoapfan

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:41am | IP Logged
@sari, I'm sure you're right about tradition... but the reason it'll play out in the story is martyrdom... 2 birds, one stone! the only loser is nayi soch! Ouch

ETA:
@howcome: just posted as you did... another soul sister moment! Hug

Edited by docgirl - 22 July 2012 at 11:42am

-Maggie-howcomedesigirl_18ipkbsNewbiesoapfan

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged

@sari, I'm sure you're right about tradition... but the reason it'll play out in the story is martyrdom... 2 birds, one stone! the only loser is nayi soch! Ouch

Several birds with one stone...Each one of us will take what we want from it. In the end it is to get more TRP's. Driving at all demographics...LOL But I love this angle of walking away & I am sure most agree

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirlhowcomeipkbsNewbiesoapfan

-Vee05- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vee05-
-Vee05-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

Yayyy another sharth!!

Vee you're fasting today for Akandh Teej or for the Sindhi one on the 4th?

Am fasting today. Teejri i might havent decided yet. Somehow always kept this one since school.

docgirlsugar_babedesigirl_18Newbiesoapfanipkbs

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged

Sari -- you missed me -- I am Nah although I would like to lose to Koi shak any day! 

Ash sorry, that was me - galti se by mistake. got you now... on my team and with the exact same thought - soul sister moment! Hug

@Sari: I wish that were so about Khushi standing up for herself --- that's definitely my SKD, but I think Joey is right about how it will play out. Khushi's martyr complex rearing its ugly head again! Dead

Sheila - they cannot make her live in RM beyond 6 months. It will hurt the sentiments of most traditional/conservative Indian viewers. La was ok coz she wasn't the lead. There has to be a marriage after 6 months. Mahanta is secondary; tradition rules!

Agreed -- SP will not show it...according to me there was nothing legal about the first marriage -- but that is I guess debatable!

-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirldesigirl_18ipkbs

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

Originally posted by Moksha51

2. Pros and cons of khoosie in mahaanta mode, leaving.. Aap ka kya khayal hai? 

Sorry Moksha, I completely missed this part. There are only pros for Khushi in this one! The way I read it; this isn't Khushi's mahanta this time. As much as she loves ASR, she has her pride at stake here.

For one, it is a contract marriage. Her place in the RM as a bahu, is because she is married to ASR. With the end of 6 months that ceases to exist. She walks away with her head held high, with pride!

Yes, he has called her his wife, she believes in her heart that he is her husband but the contract marriage has given her just 6 months. We know that it isn't that simple to just walk away from a marriage but her belief system will not permit her to stay any longer than 6 months. She becomes more of a mistress! If you remember, she actually closed her face in shame when she accepted this offer but she had no choice then. But now she does!

As a viewer, I would love to see Khushi walk away coz no woman should be taken for granted. There were other options for ASR. He punished Khushi over Shyam coz she was a softer target. He chose his Di's fantasy over a young girls future. He should repent this one. He should learn to respect a woman. Love without respect is no love just *ahem*!

He has to regret it and bring her into his home w/respect, as his bride.Another pro -  I get my SKD - uninterrupted courtship romance, rootna-manana from both ends...LOL

I don't know Sari, this is what all of us want, but the traditionalists who make up the crux of TV viewing here don't.
I think that's what Gul will do though, she'll bring in both situations. When Arnav will go to bring Khushi back she'll throw the contract on him, but Khushi's internal monologue will be "di ki liye"...

one thing -- Mahanta or not -- we will get more romance and or RTR. GH is a happier place for romance!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirlsugar_babedesigirl_18ipkbs

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:50am | IP Logged

Agreed -- SP will not show it...according to me there was nothing legal about the first marriage -- but that is I guess debatable!

That's a tricky one, Ash! I don't think it was kosher because it was coerced, but I can see how others may disagree, now that she's accepted him as the pati of her heart. Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-desigirl_18ipkbs

Go to top