India-Forums

Apathy: Facets (Page 2)

-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
I was thankful for today's episode. I've been urging all in our building for the last two years to consider water harvesting. No one paid any attention, not even my parents would take me seriously - they are kinda used to the quirks I keep getting, I guess. Anyway after today's episode finally they were like can you get us some details o water harvesting. Yiiipppee finally the conversation starts.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9bewafacharminggenie

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
@Z,

Really cannot imagine surajkhund Lake drying up, had wonderful memories of that place, will lend support in whatever form .

K, will discuss with dad about the  legalities and other administrative measures which can be taken.

Atta Bros both part of two rival parties so will enjoy no opposition,

well lets draw the media attention,  a petition or a file folder with snaps and report about the decrease in the water park, along with the court orders and send a hardcopy each to every news bureau.
Heck, even we can help spread the file around,
 file an RTI asking the govt for allowing  continous minning in the area inspite of the court orders.
Get all the people to trend the topic on twitter on any mentioned day or time.
Spam the topic to every journo on twitter.

Lets try to approach ABP news, they do asar for SJ show, they can use this story and give it national coverage.

Edited by charminggenie - 22 July 2012 at 2:27pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Picasso9znursingh-Purva-bewafa

-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Zem

The way I see it - you are combating reps from the two most powerful political parties in the state. Also both the men happen to be in power. Any action against them can't be simple in nature.

First - there is already some activation around illegal mining in Surajkund lake area. We would need to step up the media attention on the issue and ensure that the issue is highlighted prominently every couple of weeks through either news articles or electronic media coverage. That constant public attention is necessary to curb further excesses.

Tie in the lake conservation with something big - Surajkund Mela, an environmentalist meet or something. Some larger issue. Even SMJ where Aamir and team is invited to visit the village and take it as one of the test cases for regeneration of the land as shown during the episode. That would immediately stop the current activities.

A PIL or RTI query forcing answers on how the permission for the Kailash Bottling Plant was granted and what the plant owners are doing to ensure that the environment is not impacted.

Since you've already approached them, you and your family cannot be overtly involved in these activities. It would help if you were part of the Panchayat so that you would still have some say and involvement in the issues at hand.

I don't know if it'll be possible to pull this off. It really requires a lot on investment of time and resources to stop this rape of the land.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bewafaznursingh

*king* IF-Dazzler
*king*
*king*

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:44am | IP Logged

The best option is to contact the human rights commission. They are corrupt free by and large when compared to all the parties.

Going to court, police or other places will be least effective as the brothers are poliically strong.

*king*
znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Purva-charminggenie

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Satyamev Jayate Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index