India-Forums

Apathy: Facets

-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Ever wondered why issues like Contaminated food and water fail to move us? Isn't that a reflection of the general apathy that ails the society at large? Or is it because there are no clear cut well marked out villains? We can't blame anyone else, because we ourselves are guilty of contributing to the mess - so it's easy to shrug our shoulders and say "What can one do?"

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

keltaMahabhootniPicasso9bewafasub_rosacs-07axeion

znursingh IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

axeioncharminggenie

bewafa IF-Dazzler
bewafa
bewafa

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged
I had no clue things were THIS bad!
-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged
I was hoping for some good discussions around water conservation and organic food - when both these episodes were telecast but failed to see any enthusiasm here. Quite disappointing.

Could it be that we are so used to the "Breaking News" sensationalism that outraging one woman's modesty gets so much support - but a slow and steady killing of the entire population fails to evoke any response.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosacs-07charminggenie

bewafa IF-Dazzler
bewafa
bewafa

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
I admit I didn't watch the organic food one...I didn't want to be put off by one of the things I look forward to when visiting India. 
I know I will be careful, like usual. 

But, I admit. I did not want to be disgusted at every bite I took...because food in India is unbelievably yummy!

I would like to join in the water discussion though.

But yes...water doesn't get you eyeballs. No masala in it.
-Purva- IF-Dazzler
-Purva-
-Purva-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Food in India is contaminated no doubt and so is the water, but food contamination is a problem that assails the entire world. Remember Erin Brockovich? This is an issue that most countries are grappling with.

Another thing when we talk of trade treaties etc - the first thing Developed nations ask for is that they be allowed to invest in Farming, Pharma and Infra sectors. The idea is that since they can no longer experiment on their own countrymen, they look for developing nations to treat as guinea pigs. BT Brinjal anyone?

We need to be more aware and realize the threat and counter it at every step.

Yes it is not sensational - but would it take another catastrophe like Bhopal to awaken us to the danger that is all but poking us in the eye?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bewafaznursinghcharminggenie

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Well coz excuses dont cover these issues, we have nobody to blame for, , these dont churn the tears so not attention grasping,

I luved that IAS officer's drive in chennai, how i wish it was emulated all across, y cannot our polity be so proactive.
axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
What happened to that Yamuna Cleaning Drive organized abt 2yrs ago in Delhi? Does it look any better now? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bewafacharminggenie

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index