Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Swaron FF: Living the dream; Thread Two (Page 14)

Sawyer_Tom IF-Dazzler
Sawyer_Tom
Sawyer_Tom

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by damonelena

I finished reading Thread 1 and 2 finally :)
And i want to keep on reading it..like over and over again...:)

i really dont know how to describe this FF. One of the most beautiful FF's i've ever read. 

This is always gonna be my fav FF. I love how you put everything in this..friendship, love, hatred, family, intensity, fights, emotions...and hw can i forget? Dance! :)

I wish you'd never end this FF. Atleast not right now. Please continue. It's just a request. 
And waiting eagerly for the next chapter. Sharon gonna confess. 

-Sneha. Smile

iBlush Blushing But regretfully I can't continue this FF any longer. Sorry. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Snehaa-

flirteyed IF-Dazzler
flirteyed
flirteyed

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Sory fr d late rpl! Nd thnx fr d pm! Newayz awesum update as usual! Lovd each nd evry part f it! Frm strt 2 end! Wish u wer nt ending it! Thnk god Rey persuaded hr 2 go! Nd kankshita z toh alwayz a sweet heart! U describe each nd evry part so beautifuly dat i feel lyk its happening in frnt f me! I jst love d style f ur writing! Kip it up nd update sun!

Sawyer_Tom

Sawyer_Tom IF-Dazzler
Sawyer_Tom
Sawyer_Tom

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Hey guys this is the second last Chapter. The next one is going to be the last one. Obviously. Thanks a lot for sticking with me and LTD so far. All the likes and the comments have been really, really encouraging and gratifying. Thanks again. Oh and this Chapter is specially updated for my dear little Kanks 'cause she came online today, just so I couldn't have the opportunity to spite her. LOL

Chapter 32

"You have to love dancing to stick to it. It gives you nothing back, no manuscripts to store away, no paintings to show on walls and maybe hang in museums, no poems to be printed and sold, nothing but that single fleeting moment when you feel alive.
                                                                                          -- 
Merce Cunningham

She paced about on the back porch of his house.

She was trying to build up enough courage to go in.

I should just go in and tell him. She thought. I shouldn't think so much.

She was about to knock but she stopped her hand before she could.

She was petrified. She had no idea how to go about this. So for the past 15 minutes she had been loosening the floorboards of his porch by pacing nervously across it.

That's it! She thought. This is bordering on ridiculous now. I'm going in.

She once again raised her hand to knock on the door and this time before she could stop herself her hands connected to the backdoor of his house as she loudly banged on it.

She had hardly finished knocking when the door flew open as if someone was just waiting for her to knock.

The door opened to reveal Swayam grinning smugly.

"What th-" she began.

"So you finally decided to knock? I've been waiting for the past 15 minutes. I saw your car out front. What took you so long?" he said, mocking her.

"You knew I was here all along?" she asked, feeling extremely stupid.

"Yup. What the hell were you doing?" he asked, still smirking.

"I...I...Can I come in?" she asked.

"Sure. Let's go upstairs." He said, moving aside to let her in.

The walk from the backdoor to his room was the most terrifying walk Sharon had ever had in her life. Twice, she almost turned around to run away but since she was walking ahead of him, she didn't think she had much of an option. Every step she took resounded loudly in her ears as if with every step she was sealing the path to her doom.

Click.

Swayam closed the door behind them and the small click felt oddly ominous.

She went and sat on his bed, decided it was too soft, so she went and sat on the chair in front of his desk, decided that it was too hard, so next she tried the desk itself, leaning against it. But that too didn't feel comfortable enough so she finally went and stood in the centre of the room.

Swayam was watching her progress with a lot of interest and with an odd expression on his face.

"Sharon, are you alright?" he asked, worriedly.

"Huh?" she said, breaking out of her thoughts. "Yeah, no, I'm fine."

The odd expression on his face grew more intense.

"What's up?" he asked, eventually when she didn't say anything for a long time.

She took a deep breath but it didn't help her nervousness.

"I wanted to tell you something." She said.

"Well?" he prompted when for the next two minutes she didn't say anything.

"Right." She said. "I...I.."

She couldn't do it. She didn't understand why. She did love him. Then why was it so damn difficult to say it?

In her frustration she began to rapidly pace the room.

Swayam was now getting really worried. He had never seen her like this before. Well except for the time when he had been prompting her to go into the house she was born in to talk to her dad. But even then she hadn't been so nervous.

"Sharon, are you alright?" he asked, stopping her nervous pacing by firmly holding her by the shoulders.

She looked up into his eyes and decided that as long as she looked into them she would never be able to tell him that she loved him. So she broke away from his grip and went around the room, fidgeting with his stuff. She went over to the bedside table and picked up the framed photo she had seen on her first visit here.

Young Swayam and his sister smiled mischievously at her. She smiled back.

"When was this picture taken?" she asked.

"When I was 10 years old and my sister 13. We had gone to the nearby park. My parents had come with us. They were there for about a whole of 15 minutes before they dumped us in the care of our babysitter and went off to attend something much more important than their children." He said, bitterly. "Our babysitter was a kindly, old lady and she took this picture just before we poured water on her and threw sand on her. Poor woman, she never complained." Finshed Swayam, smiling a sad smile.

Sharon put the frame back on the table and turned her attention towards the cluttered desk. She browsed through the things in a half hearted manner before moving on to his open cupboard.

All this while Swayam watched her progress with a confused expression on his face, unable to understand her behaviour.

She walked over to his cupboard and saw something hanging on one of the pegs inside the cupboard. At first she couldn't believe what it was but the next moment a smile broke on her face.

"Hey! This is mine! I've been looking for this everywhere! Where did you find this?" she asked excitedly, running her most favourite black scarf once again through her hands.

She turned around to face Swayam and saw that he had the most unreadable expression on his face.

"This is yours?" he asked, quietly.

She nodded, confused at his reaction.

"I...I found this the night when I first saw the mystery dancer. She had left it behind." He said, eerily quietly, looking intently at her face.

She froze.

"Uh...I...My mistake then. I thought it was...uh, mine. But come to think of it, it's not even the same shade of black. Mine was much darker." She finished lamely. "I have to go." She said, and before he could stop her she was out the door.

He stood there staring at her back, with a hardened expression on his face.

Rey opened the door and let her in.

"What happened?" he asked, curiously.

"Nothing." She replied.

"Wha...Did you tell him?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"It...It just wasn't the right time. I'm sorry Rey but I need to think things over a bit. Thanks for taking care of Kankshita. I'll call you later. Bye." She all but hustled him out the door.

She closed the door and plopped down on her bed.

She stared at the ceiling, trying to justify her irrational and completely uncalled for behaviour.

Why didn't she tell him she was the mystery dancer? What the hell was wrong with her? The timing was as good as any so what the hell was she thinking?

She slammed her fist on the bed in frustration.

"Why Sharon? Why do you have to act so stupidly?" she mumbled to herself.

She sighed wishing she had an answer to that.

Beep.

She turned around in her bed and picked up her cell phone to check the message.

Meet me in the rehearsal hall right now!

Swayam

She groaned and looked at her bedside watch.

It read 6.00 a.m.

Wasn't it a little early in the day for Swayam to make such demands? She thought.

She sighed and pulled off her covers.

It wasn't like she was getting any sleep.

She stood outside the rehearsal hall, twenty minutes later, still undecided whether or not she should go in.

The hall was dark and she could barely make out the inanimate objects lying about. No one had bothered to switch on the lights and it was a bit early in the day for sunlight to seep in through the shafts. Faint music wafted seductively from the room.

She cautiously made her way inside, as her eyes adjusted to the darkness.

She could faintly make out the outline of a figure standing in the middle of the room.

"Swayam?" she called out.

Just as she was about to touch that person, he turned around, firmly grabbed her wrist and pulled her roughly towards himself.

She saw a pair of chocolate, brown eyes staring at her furiously in the dark.

The sun must have risen because a faint trace of light entered the room, illuminating it dimly.

She saw his face and the hardened look it had donned. His eyes were strangely icy.

Just as the rhythm of the music took a turn, he slipped his right hand around her waist and a second later she could feel his body against her.

A heat wave burst inside her body and she found her heart racing and her breath becoming ragged.

His left hand held her right in a tight embrace while her left hand had instinctively gone to rest on his shoulder.

As the tempo of the music increased with each beat, Swayam began to move. He started off with a series of clever footwork and she followed his lead. She didn't find it difficult to keep up with him. It seemed almost natural to dance with him. As natural as dancing itself. He twirled her away from him and pulled her back. He bent his knee as she hooked her left leg on his thigh and pointed her right towards the ceiling as he lifted her off the floor. Just as quickly he put her back down and she started off in a series of spins. He then her twirled once again and lifted her off the floor. He flipped her up into the air and for a tiny, infinite second she was flying. A sharp rush of exhilaration shot through her body as she safely landed back into his arms. He held her close for a moment, savouring the feel of her, before he once again placed her feet on the floor. He let go of her as she took turns after turns around the floor.

He moved to the side and watched her, as she danced across the floor, owning it. The most beatific smile had taken residence on her face as she moved gracefully, sensuously, getting lost in a world of her own. He stared at her, awed at the beauty of the whole thing, his lips turned into a soft, admiring smile. He leaned against the mirror, not daring to blink, not once taking his eyes off of her.

She danced unaware of his gaze, unconcerned about anything else. She was dancing and that was all that mattered. The most ecstatic of feelings was flowing within her and she had no inclination, whatsoever, to stop it. An overwhelming happiness rushed through her veins, spurring her on. Time, place, people- such trivial things had ceased to matter anymore. When there was so much happiness in the world why would anything else matter?

He was still gazing at her and laughed when he saw her do a cartwheel, with such unbridled joy on her face. The innocence of her soul shown through her eyes, as they danced along with her. Unable to resist, he silently slipped in to dance with her again. His transition was so smooth that she didn't even falter for a second when he once again held her in his arms. If anything the smile on her face became even more beautifully wide as she responded to his body. They danced around the room, unreservedly, not thinking of anything else- just each other. They were doing what they loved with the person they loved the most. What in the world could be better than that?

They finally stopped and she ended up with her legs wrapped around his hip, straddling him. With one hand he supported her leg and with the other, her waist. She rested her palms lithely on his shoulders as she stared into his glistening brown eyes. He stared back into her radiant green orbs, which were churning with a happiness he had never seen in her. And he thought how that was the most beautiful thing in the world.  

"You are the mystery dancer." He whispered, softly.

She didn't deny it this time. Not that he'd believe her if she did.

"You bitch!" a voice yelled, cruelly bringing them back from their reverie.

He placed her down on the floor and turned to look at the person standing in the doorway fuming with anger.

"How dare you!" shrieked Chantel. "He is mine you sneaky little bitch!"

She marched up to them and without warning gave a rough push to Sharon. Sharon, not anticipating that, fell down on the floor, shocked.

"Are you crazy?" Swayam yelled at her, pulling Sharon up by her arms.

"I'm not crazy! You're the one who's acting crazy! Can't you see we belong together?" she said, taking his hands in hers.

He snatched them free from her grasp and glared at her.

"This bitch is coming between us!" she said, furiously. "I'm going to kill her!"

Saying this she lunged towards Sharon with a maddening look in her eyes. Swayam moved in between before she could reach her.

"Whoa, whoa! What the hell is wrong with you Chantel?" he said, trying to calm things down.

"Nothing's wrong with me! You're supposed to be in love with me! Before this cheap s**t hoodwinked you!" she said, throwing a look of pure hatred in Sharon's direction.

"Don't call her that!" said Swayam, giving her a deathly glare.

"See! She has got you in her clutches. I thought that stupid, moron had taken care of her but she-" she started, when a voice interrupted her from behind.

"Miss Kulkarni, the Principal wants to see you in his office."  Said Mr. Ramalingam, the Economics teacher.

"Tell him I'll see him later." Said Chantel, giving him a brief glance, before turning her attention back to them.

"He wants to see you right now and I'm given orders to drag you there if you don't come willingly." Said Mr. R, coolly.

Chantel turned around to glare at him now.

"Fine!" she spat and once again turned to look at them. "Don't think this is over!"

With that she marched out the door with Mr. Ramalingam in tow.

For a few minutes neither of them spoke as they looked at each other, each more confused than the other.

"What the hell just happened?" asked Sharon, eventually breaking the silence.

Swayam looked at her clueless.

"You've got yourself a stalker, Shekhawat!" she said, smirking.

He rolled his eyes.

"I've got a bone to pick with you." He said, his expression clouding a bit.

"Were you just here when she threatened to, um, kill me?" she said, mock offended.

"Well, ha ha." He said, dryly. "I have more important things to fight with you about. When were you planning on telling me that it was you I saw dancing that night?"

That wiped the smile right off her face.

"I...I was going to tell you but..." she started.

"Oh, let me guess, you couldn't find the right time!" he said, his voice rising a little. "It's not like we ever spend any time with each other!" he continued, sarcastically.

"It's not like that Swayam I really did want to tell you but..." she said.

"Do you like making a fool out of me, Sharon?" he said, his teeth clenching a bit. "Do you enjoy playing games with me? Do you really think it's funny to let Swayam go about the college looking for that dancer when she's standing right beside him, laughing at him?"

"Swayam I..." she tried once again.

"The practice starts at 7.00 p.m. tomorrow." He said, icily. "Be there."

And with that he walked out the door.

Edited by Sawyer_Tom - 31 July 2012 at 8:41am

The following 75 member(s) liked the above post:

Pragya_MheygirlTanHa-VruShanstarryLove_skmeghishid2useitHafsa94swaron20-swaron-unajtanharockksarushiiiAnikz003NinaAriefneeliyerkimshutashu20kool kanzpartyprincess16Smiley1279shan16trisha19swaronarshiroshnithedivaWinds.of.WinterkateyessharuKRvenusrockzgsk4swa-ronMonica..Swaron238spicyraysPhosphenesSwayamonlylyfisbeautifulswaronland-Ripal-Nehal92-Snehaa--bitz-AmRiTa_SMirageSwaronNirju99AdorableTroubleflirteyedTanuka_TanHamisakiPhantasmAutumn_HueSnoweypratik54000-Nia-nj_SRKholicJJ_HolicCrazy4AshViksadafarsharosyrkohlirinku90-Antu-_-Aslan-HPHolic-3nish22kritzzz_ArShaHR-DMG4lifesneharay-FrozenRain-The007ShivaniABBY92shaani2209manasie23...Natasha...thegameisonmarauderMadhura..sky_fighter

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Jedi of CC

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Dance is all about the momentary flight. You're flying even if on the ground, even though if it's only for a split-second and you don't have real wings. Dance is and will always be too ethereal to be explained, to those who can feel it. You have captured this notion more beautifully and extravagantly that I would have ever expected. 

It was a seamless and flawless prose, En and I am astounded at how your hyperactive cyber sulking attitude does not yet effect what you write. Far from that, you're actually always the boss when you write. Evil Smile

I, for one absolutely cherish the first half of the chapter. That's old Sharon and Swayum for you, the ones who befriended each other by chance and happened to find ideal companionship, there and then. Their rapport has been like a forked road, and yet they has been a cryptic flow to it all. I have never felt the bumps in the transitions of their bond, which incidently means that I enjoyed reading the passionate dancing just as much. It was a reflection of how they feel, and your writing makes that quite clear and effective. 

Swayum's fashion of getting Sharon to actually show him that she's the mystery dancer, let alone tell him indicates that he has an amazing grip on her character, he observes. More so, because he's a dancer, he knows how to get another dancer to dance. As for Sharon, I felt so indulged in both her apprehension and nervousness about telling Swayum about her love and later in her dancing. She danced like I would if I am provoked. She danced like all she wants is to be happy and fly. It all made me feel ecstatic. (:

That's about it. Let the last chapter come. I am excited. 

PS. Naw, I am not going to talk about freaky Chantel. LOL 

I love you,
Kanks

Edited by Savage - 31 July 2012 at 9:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Swaron238Sawyer_Tom

lyfisbeautiful Goldie
lyfisbeautiful
lyfisbeautiful

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged
resEmbarrassed
marauder IF-Sizzlerz
marauder
marauder

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
*Reserved*

*Edited*

I can't say how much I will miss this FF. Definitely one of the best FF on the forum and definitely my favourite. Well farewell speech to this FF is reserved for the last part.

Now coming to the update. First of all lovely quote in the begining, And completely apt one for the update. Infact all the updates have some of the best quotes justifying the occassion. I was pretty sure in no ways Sharon is gonna confess. Just loved how you had shown completely nervous Sharon fidgeting and trying to confess her feelings. And finally thank God mystery dancer ki mystery solve ho gayi. Dance portion was smoothly done. Loved how you described the effect of dance on Sharon. It was seriously magical moment. And finally Chantel cameo in this update was hillarious. I was wishing for full on Cat Fight. Good to see things didn't get awkward between two again and loved how Swayam ordered her to come for practise.

P.S - Hoping for a super explosive confession scene. Waise soch rahan hoon ki bookie ban ke betting karoon ki kaun pehle confess karega.LOL

Edited by marauder - 31 July 2012 at 1:23pm

Sawyer_Tom

nj_SRKholic IF-Rockerz
nj_SRKholic
nj_SRKholic

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
omg..!! dat chantel is such a bitch..
juzz loved d update..
m choo chad dat dis ff is ending yaar..
dis is really close to my heart..
i loved dis ff..