Swaron FF: Living the dream; Thread Two - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
awsm... update lstly dey r together...
It was beautiful! Update soon and please don't end it na...
nidhi awesome post girl
you are one fab writer yaar.

Firstly congo for thread 2...its been a long journey...i can read your FF ample no of times...
coming to the update..it was awesome
so finally they let out their feelings...
waiting to read whats store in for us next
update soon
Edited by Rutu - 11 years ago

Chapter 31

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can." 
                                                                                -- Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

The sunlight filtered in through the half-opened window, seeping irregularly through the curtain that attempted to block it out. But a slight wind rustled through the window, making the curtain fly thus allowing the sunlight to somewhat enter the room. The sunlight thanked the wind and went ahead to fulfil its original destiny- to light up the world and it did so for at least two people that morning.

With the sunlight constantly hitting her eyelids, she was forced to come back from the first beautiful dream she had had for a very long time. She fluttered her eyes open, trying to fight the sleep that was so seductively imposing itself on her. As her unconscious mind handed over the reins to the conscious part of her brain she began to perceive the physical world around her, more clearly.

The first thing she noticed was that she felt something hard on her back. Correction: Someone hard. The next thing she noticed was that a long, muscular arm was wrapped protectively around her.

It was then that the events of last night once again made themselves known to her. She smiled at the memory. She smiled really hard. So hard that for a second she thought her jaw was going to start aching. A foaming cauldron of happiness bubbled merrily inside her. One thing she was absolutely certain of: she had never been this happy since she was seven years old.

She felt his gentle breath rolling over her neck tickling her softly. She could feel his nose resting on her cheek and his lips caressing her earlobe. His heart was thudding rhythmically and she could feel the movement on her back. Her body was curved around his, her legs almost entangling with his. Her whole body was firmly encompassed by his warmth.

She shifted carefully so as not to wake him. And also because of the wound. She turned around to face him.

If possible, her smile grew wider. She brought her left hand near her face and hesitated for a second before placing it on his cheek. She stroke his cheek, very gently with her thumb, her smile growing even more wider. He had a soft innocence on his face with a small smile to compliment it. Her gaze fell on his lips and she had this sudden urge to place her own on his. But she didn't. Instead she moved her fingers into his hair to feel the softness that she knew would find in them. She ran her fingers through his hair, her smile which had turned serious for a moment, returning to her lips as a small dimple appeared on his cheek as if he was enjoying this.

A loud beeping shocked her out of it and she quickly removed her hand and sat up, wincing audibly as the cut in her stomach throbbed painfully due to the sudden movement. He began stirring, blinked for a few seconds before sitting up with a start.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing." She said, unconvincingly as the pain got sharper.

"Is it paining?" he asked, getting off the bed and moving to her side of the bed.

"No." She said, with pain clearly reflected in her eyes.

He just shook her head, unbelievingly.

"Let me see." He said, sitting on his knees.

He examined it and said-

"You might have to change the dressing. Should I-?"

"No, it's cool. I'll do it myself. As it is we are going to be late for college if we don't hurry up now." She said, bringing her hand firmly down on the alarm clock to stop it's beeping.

He looked uncertainly at her and nodded.

"You go home. Or else you'll be late." She said, urging him.

"Right." He said, getting up.

He swept his gaze all over her face to look for any sign that might suggest that she regretted what happened last night. He found none.

He turned around, put on his shoes and headed towards the door.

"I'll see you in college?" she said, hopefully just as he was about to step out the door.

He looked at her and smiled one of his genuine smiles and said-

"Sure."

She closed the door and sat down on the bed, her insides bouncing. She looked into the mirror placed on one side of the room and saw herself reflected in it. Only it wasn't her. It was a different, much happier version of her. The much-happier Sharon had a big, beatific smile draped across her face which the less-happier Sharon would have termed as idiotic. And the much-happier Sharon had eyes which were shining so blindingly that it completely eradicated the faint traces of the less-happier Sharon.

Her gaze then fell on the hoodie she was still wearing. His hoodie. It was a size too big for her due to which her arms were completely covered and her face was almost hidden in it. The most Swayam-like smell emitted from it and she let that smell wrap itself around her. It was like all her favourite scents were combined together to form that one, heady fragrance. It had a faint woodsy scent lingering about it that according to her was the most intoxicating thing ever. Without thinking twice, she took in a lungful and was momentarily stunned by it. Then a smile wriggled its way across her face and she closed her eyes and sat there in contentment. The less-happier Sharon would have looked at her scornfully but she didn't care. Because that Sharon no longer existed.

A few minutes later she realized that she really was going to be late for college.

He inserted the key, turned on the ignition and turned up the radio. But his mind was too preoccupied to listen to the music.

He accelerated the car and was well on his way to college.

He didn't know what to make of last night. What did all of that mean? Were they still just friends or last night meant more to her than that? It certainly meant the world to him. He couldn't remember being happier. A smile laced his lips but was immediately replaced by a frown. He didn't know what to make of it. Maybe they were still just friends. But he wasn't too sure he could handle that now. He was too much in love with her to be just friends. He would always be her best friend but she meant much more to him than that.

This was going to drive him crazy.

Three days later, she stood in the rehearsal hall facing the mirror. She badly wanted to dance but the cut was still not completely healed. So instead, she decided to dance with her mind. She closed her eyes imagining herself flying, floating, dancing. A small smile etched itself on her face.

She didn't notice a figure tiptoeing into the hall. Not until that figure placed its hands over her eyes.

She froze at the touch as all the memories of that night came rushing back. The chase, the fear, the pain and the terror. She had been too high on adrenaline that day to let the complete impact of the situation get to her. But as the days passed by she found an uneasy fear lingering around her. It vanished whenever she was near Swayam but it crept back into her heart like a sly, stealthy little thief, threatening to upturn her world. Threatening to take away her happiness. When she remembered the look on that creep's face, a slight shudder would run through her. She never told this to anyone, not even Swayam that a small part of her was in constant terror of that incident. And as much as she tried, she couldn't shake off that fear. It was now a part of her.

So now, as she stood in the rehearsal hall with a pair of hands covering her eyes, that terror once again dominated her senses. She was about to scream when a familiar voice said-

"Guess who?"

A huge wave of relief washed over her as she realized who it was.

"Rey?" she said, removing his hands and turning around.

He laughed.

"You! You scared the hell out of me! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Bangalore?" she gushed excitedly.

"Calm down Sharon. I'm just here for a few days." He said.

She hugged him tightly.

"God, I missed you! I didn't know how much until you actually showed up." She said.

He laughed, patting her head affectionately.

"I missed you too." He said, breaking the hug.

He looked intently at her face and said-

"You've changed!"

She just shrugged.

"You haven't!" she replied.

"No, something's different." He said, shaking his head like a confused puppy.

"What do you mean?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"You look happier. And you are more open now." He said, after a minute of careful scrutiny.

"You got that just by looking at me?" she asked, sceptically.

"Like I said, you are more open now. More expressive." He said, smiling.

"Nice work, Sherlock. Let's go home. You have a lot to tell me. And I have a lot to tell you!" she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door.

He looked at her disbelievingly, just as the evening sun ducked under the horizon.

They were sitting on the front porch of her house, talking continuously for the past two hours, telling each other about everything that had happened since the day he had gone.

"You haven't told him that you love him?" Rey asked, looking scandalised.

She shook her head, guiltily.

"But you do love him, don't you?" he asked.

She nodded her head.

"Then why haven't you told him?" he asked.

She shrugged.

"Sharon! How insensitive can you get? He is probably in over his head thinking about what you're feeling and you haven't thought about mentioning it to him that you love him? Do you expect him to just read your mind?" Rey boomed, irritated.

"I don't know how to." She said, innocently.

"What?" he asked, puzzled.

"I don't know how to say it to him." She said, looking embarrassed.

"You don't know how to tell him that you love him?" he asked, incredulously.

She nodded.

"Are you really that emotionally stunted?" he pondered thoughtfully.

"Aren't you the sweetest friend?" she said, sarcastically.

"Well, you have to tell him. I don't know how you do it but you have to. He is probably going crazy right now." He said.

She sighed.

"Well?" he said.

"Well what?" she asked confused.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas? Go and tell him now!" he ordered.

"What, now? Are you mental?" she asked, panicking.

"Stop being a sissy! Be Sharon Raiprakash! Go and tell him! Now!" he said.

She looked uncertainly at him, for a minute.

"Fine. But I'm just going cause you asked me to!" she said, jokingly.

He stuck his tongue out.

Just then a car stopped in front of her house and a delighted Kankshita jumped out of it.

"I'm in a hurry, I'll stop by sometime else!" her Uncle shouted, waving from the driver's seat.

Sharon waved back as her Uncle drove off.

Kankshita bounded up the garden path and noisily climbed the porch steps.

"Hey!" she said, cheerfully. "I had a blast. Who's this?"

"This is Rey. He is my friend." Said Sharon.

"Ah, you must be the smart sibling Sharon's told me so much about." Said Rey, extending his hand.

"Are you always this patronizing?" she asked, shaking his hand, perfunctorily.

"Wow! You weren't kidding when you told me she's smart!" said Rey, looking dumbfounded.

"Yeah, she has that effect on people." Said Sharon, smirking.

Rey affectionately patted Kankshita's head.

"I prefer Swayam to him." Said Kankshita, irritated.

"Kankshita!" reprimanded Sharon.

"Oh that is an insult I will not bear!" said Rey, mock offended. "I'm going to change your mind even if it's the last thing I do!"

"Well since Kankshita is here, I can't go now." Said Sharon.

"Oh nice try! You go, I'll take care of her." Said Rey.

"Where are you going?" asked Kankshita.

"To tell Swayam that she loves him." Rey butted in, before Sharon could say anything.

"Rey!" she said, looking at him scandalised.

"Oh it's about time. You guys were starting to bug me." Kankshita said, nonchalantly.

Sharon turned her scandalised face to look at Kankshita now.

She sighed.

"Are you sure you'll be able to take care of her?" Sharon asked Rey.

"You should ask me that!" mumbled Kankshita. "I swear if I have to hear him speak indulgently one more time..."

Rey looked bemusedly at her.

"You go, we'll be fine." He assured Sharon.

Thanks a ton for all the comments. Sorry I couldn't reply to them individually.

Edited by Sawyer_Tom - 11 years ago
And this one's Res for Kanks. ðŸ˜Š
Despite the quote in the beginning, I find it hard to believe things could get better. The beginning was perfect. What could be better than waking up to the love of your life ? Loved the part. Sharon's urge to touch him, his oh so sweet dimple wali smile. Oh and I love Rey too. Knowingly or unknowingly he's somehow always been a catalyst to the "we-are-we're-not" love story of these two idiots ! Sweet ones if I may ;) And finally kanks' back. Kinda missed her, the smartass ! Wonderful update dear !Edited by Monu_Deewani - 11 years ago
Whoa...loved it to the core.
So Rey is back and so is Kankshita...and Rey too gave some kinda 'gyaan' to Sharon just the way Kria had given to Swayam(i had mentioned this long back ). I hope Swayam also comes to know about Sharon being the mystery dancer. And finally she is going to tell Swayam and get him out of the mess. Loved it when Kankshita said she preferred Swayam to Rey.
Waiting for the next update
nice update .. great timing for rey's re entry .. hope sharon's confession doesn't get interrupted by anything or anyone ... 

Yehhh great to see kanks again .. ðŸ˜†  ..

Update soon .. 
Nidhi this was superb update.
Loved it very very much..

The way Kanks replied to Rey's question wow.

And Rey he found out the chagev so soon.
God they are the bestest of friends.

Lovely one...

Thanks for p[m..