Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

The Times I felt Insulted as an audience... Edited (Page 7)

rudra250 Groupbie
rudra250
rudra250

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Must Read..

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3108949

Japonica IF-Dazzler
Japonica
Japonica

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Brilliant post, Jules. ClapClapClapClap

The illogicality of everything has been so jarring in this show. I've just not understood why there hasn't been one single meaningful interaction between any of the characters ever since the kidnap? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

preetihereOmNaMaSteOmFAYKHAN29

laksh65 IF-Sizzlerz
laksh65
laksh65

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Japonica

Brilliant post, Jules. Clap

The illogicality of everything has been so jarring in this show. I've just not understood why there hasn't been one single meaningful interaction between any of the characters ever since the kidnap? 

yeah you really said it in one word which has been described through points by all the members in this post.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Japonica

bepatient IF-Rockerz
bepatient
bepatient

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Do you all think this inconsistency  / bloopers in the current ippknd is due to the fact that the story line was changed entirely to accommodate barun's movie schedule.  I am saying not just the kidnapping but the story after that as well was changed as original story will not fit into the kidnapping track ?  I am just asking.. even if they did change the story they shouldnt have made the mistakes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FAYKHAN29

StormChaser IF-Rockerz
StormChaser
StormChaser

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:31am | IP Logged
I couldn't agree with you more!! You totally voiced my thoughts!!
Awesome post!! Clap
jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
rudra250

First of all let me tell you this is not bashing.. this term has become a joke now...

I respect your views.. but my question to you is... aren't these the self explanations you have provided for yourself to understand the connect in the story?? Is this really described or stated anywhere in black and white. If you say yes, then how come all of us are not on the same page???

How come time and again questions have been cropping up and with the amount of agreement response I have received I have to say many have been confused too.

And we are saying this is what the core issue is... unclarity... a lot of times we give self reasoning so that we can make sense of it... like the way you have given but its n necessary that we all buy in to one person's explanation. The explanation must come from the story line and plot we watch and not be left to individual interpretation.

And really this is not a ranting or bashing... I spent amble time rethinking this and have tried to put it in a constructive manner. I don't  need to bash.. I just have to exercise my choice-- to watch or not to watch! Bashing doesnt gain me anything but as an audience I am entitled to an opinion. Thats all... hope it clarifys!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy552dramasarangerheidi-Surma-JaponicasparikhFAYKHAN29OmNaMaSteOm

.Sia. IF-Dazzler
.Sia.
.Sia.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:39am | IP Logged
I agree with you. There have been so many times that logic has been overlooked. Originally, Khushi was supposedly 18 years' old, which explained her crazy antics in the comedy tracks to begin with. We later found she was 22, nearly 23. Still young, so her character was meant to be immature. Then, on seeing the marriage papers, they stated she was 25? If a 25 year old woman went through all this crap, she would not be compiling a list of ways to irritate her husband. Instead, she would be questioning him every moment she got. They made her seem so dumb when she believed that Arnav had the power to break Payal & Akash's marriage (when she ran away to GH). She took the papers from him and didn't even LOOK at them. We were previously led to believe that she couldn't read English, but even that was later proved wrong - it also appeared as of she couldn't speak English either until the start of the kidnapping track. The amount of inconsistencies in Khushi's character are ridiculous.
When Arnav said that he'd discuss things with Khushi, what happened to that?! In all my experience of watching IPKKND I have seen only 3 incidents where I can actually remember discussions between them: when Arnav apologised, that time they were both looking at the stars & on new year's eve. Every other time, it's been fight after fight. I still struggle to discover how they fell in love without having a single proper conversation but I overlooked that because I thought that their relationship was a divine occurrence beyond words. But the lack of communication is very irritating.
The comedy works sometimes, for example I feel in the last week it worked pretty well, but I found the 'Swami' thing embarrassing. I actually cringed my way through those episodes. It was immature, being a 17 year old I would never do that, so how could a 25 year old woman?
Arnav is meant to be this huge businessman, yet he has made no attempt to take any form of legal action against Shyam or to capture any of the kidnappers.
There's so many more examples but I'll leave it at that. I love this show, but I hate it when they just don't use plain logic. I've just stopped thinking when watching it.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

heidi-Surma-JaponicasparikhFAYKHAN29OmNaMaSteOm

Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Excellent post and very valid points
If we  have to think about the show logically there are so many questions to be answered
  • What is Khushi's real age? sometimes its said 18, 23 and now 25Confused Also Shyam mentioned during parda farsh that Khushi is st very tender age and she is supposed to fall for him. What is tender age 18, 22 or 25Wacko
  • There are so many instances when there are situations were against Shyam like not being around RM when Khushi was present, the engagement ring, he roaming freely in Lakshmi Nagar, no presence of him in GH when Raizadas were present there for Payal's alliance. Which PP will meet clients at nights and have regular tours as if Shyam is a business man?? And as you mentioned everyone know Shyam was the name of Khushi's fiance. I dont know whether to mention this but I would like to. During rakhi, when Anjali insisted Khushi to tie rakhi to Shyam she was all ready to do but it was Shyam didnt show up. He was the one created drams on Diwali and anniversary party to escape from Khushi's presence. Anjali even know Khushi was not happy with her engagement and also know why she broke her engagement.
  • There was no proper communication between any characters and always decisions are made knowing half truth like ASR marrying Khushi and friday anjali chaos
  • Everyone totally forgot about the kidnapping track very conveniently not even a thought was given to it.
  • In the show, Arnav and Khushi were married in February and Anjali was supposed to be atleast 2 months pregnant then and now she is supposed to be atleast 6-7 months pregnancy where is baby bump? Is abortion possible at this stage of pregnancy?
When I gave a serious thought about pregnancy and contract marriage, Im unable to comprehend one thing. Arnav married Khushi for 6 months so that Anjali's pregnancy will be due by the end of 6 months contract and he can throw her out as by that time Anjali will deliver, which means she was 3 months pregnant at the time of contract . Now according to Mishti's spoiler Khushi will leave RM as 6 months is over but what about the biggest loophole that was created with Anjali's pregnancy. This is really beyond my understanding.

The final answer we get after these many holes is DEKHNA HAIN TO DEKHO. Confused

Edited by sarunfan4ever - 23 July 2012 at 7:41am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

dramasarangerheidi-Surma-nature-lover.Sia.sparikhbepatientFAYKHAN29OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top