The Times I felt Insulted as an audience... Edited - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Do you all think this inconsistency  / bloopers in the current ippknd is due to the fact that the story line was changed entirely to accommodate barun's movie schedule.  I am saying not just the kidnapping but the story after that as well was changed as original story will not fit into the kidnapping track ?  I am just asking.. even if they did change the story they shouldnt have made the mistakes.
I couldn't agree with you more!! You totally voiced my thoughts!!
Awesome post!! πŸ‘
rudra250

First of all let me tell you this is not bashing.. this term has become a joke now...

I respect your views.. but my question to you is... aren't these the self explanations you have provided for yourself to understand the connect in the story?? Is this really described or stated anywhere in black and white. If you say yes, then how come all of us are not on the same page???

How come time and again questions have been cropping up and with the amount of agreement response I have received I have to say many have been confused too.

And we are saying this is what the core issue is... unclarity... a lot of times we give self reasoning so that we can make sense of it... like the way you have given but its n necessary that we all buy in to one person's explanation. The explanation must come from the story line and plot we watch and not be left to individual interpretation.

And really this is not a ranting or bashing... I spent amble time rethinking this and have tried to put it in a constructive manner. I don't  need to bash.. I just have to exercise my choice-- to watch or not to watch! Bashing doesnt gain me anything but as an audience I am entitled to an opinion. Thats all... hope it clarifys!
I agree with you. There have been so many times that logic has been overlooked. Originally, Khushi was supposedly 18 years' old, which explained her crazy antics in the comedy tracks to begin with. We later found she was 22, nearly 23. Still young, so her character was meant to be immature. Then, on seeing the marriage papers, they stated she was 25? If a 25 year old woman went through all this crap, she would not be compiling a list of ways to irritate her husband. Instead, she would be questioning him every moment she got. They made her seem so dumb when she believed that Arnav had the power to break Payal & Akash's marriage (when she ran away to GH). She took the papers from him and didn't even LOOK at them. We were previously led to believe that she couldn't read English, but even that was later proved wrong - it also appeared as of she couldn't speak English either until the start of the kidnapping track. The amount of inconsistencies in Khushi's character are ridiculous.
When Arnav said that he'd discuss things with Khushi, what happened to that?! In all my experience of watching IPKKND I have seen only 3 incidents where I can actually remember discussions between them: when Arnav apologised, that time they were both looking at the stars & on new year's eve. Every other time, it's been fight after fight. I still struggle to discover how they fell in love without having a single proper conversation but I overlooked that because I thought that their relationship was a divine occurrence beyond words. But the lack of communication is very irritating.
The comedy works sometimes, for example I feel in the last week it worked pretty well, but I found the 'Swami' thing embarrassing. I actually cringed my way through those episodes. It was immature, being a 17 year old I would never do that, so how could a 25 year old woman?
Arnav is meant to be this huge businessman, yet he has made no attempt to take any form of legal action against Shyam or to capture any of the kidnappers.
There's so many more examples but I'll leave it at that. I love this show, but I hate it when they just don't use plain logic. I've just stopped thinking when watching it.
Excellent post and very valid points
If we  have to think about the show logically there are so many questions to be answered
  • What is Khushi's real age? sometimes its said 18, 23 and now 25πŸ˜• Also Shyam mentioned during parda farsh that Khushi is st very tender age and she is supposed to fall for him. What is tender age 18, 22 or 25
  • There are so many instances when there are situations were against Shyam like not being around RM when Khushi was present, the engagement ring, he roaming freely in Lakshmi Nagar, no presence of him in GH when Raizadas were present there for Payal's alliance. Which PP will meet clients at nights and have regular tours as if Shyam is a business man?? And as you mentioned everyone know Shyam was the name of Khushi's fiance. I dont know whether to mention this but I would like to. During rakhi, when Anjali insisted Khushi to tie rakhi to Shyam she was all ready to do but it was Shyam didnt show up. He was the one created drams on Diwali and anniversary party to escape from Khushi's presence. Anjali even know Khushi was not happy with her engagement and also know why she broke her engagement.
  • There was no proper communication between any characters and always decisions are made knowing half truth like ASR marrying Khushi and friday anjali chaos
  • Everyone totally forgot about the kidnapping track very conveniently not even a thought was given to it.
  • In the show, Arnav and Khushi were married in February and Anjali was supposed to be atleast 2 months pregnant then and now she is supposed to be atleast 6-7 months pregnancy where is baby bump? Is abortion possible at this stage of pregnancy?
When I gave a serious thought about pregnancy and contract marriage, Im unable to comprehend one thing. Arnav married Khushi for 6 months so that Anjali's pregnancy will be due by the end of 6 months contract and he can throw her out as by that time Anjali will deliver, which means she was 3 months pregnant at the time of contract . Now according to Mishti's spoiler Khushi will leave RM as 6 months is over but what about the biggest loophole that was created with Anjali's pregnancy. This is really beyond my understanding.

The final answer we get after these many holes is DEKHNA HAIN TO DEKHO. πŸ˜•
Edited by sarunfan4ever - 11 years ago
Hello Jules πŸ˜Š  Superbly written post! A very brilliant write-up. The cv's have taken us for fools.. This is called insulting the intelligence of the audience.. Though the story started off as a unique concept, it has lost its way.. Too many loop holes and they don't look like they'll be closing it anytime soon.. After reading your post i feel our dear beloved serial which got us hooked is turning into a mindless jumble.. All we do off-late is rant and rant.. The reason for that is crystal clear with this post.

CV's take a look at this post.. Hope this has been posted on the 4 Lions Page. Much needed and important at the moment!

@ Harshita : Thanks for directing me to this post😊
Hey guys... thank you for all your comments and add ons... I must say am quite overwhelmed and happy to know that there are others who have been questioning the things that have been swept under the carpet with the assumption no one noticed.

And honestly.. this is the true reason discontentment has been growing for ever. Every time the TRP scores are low some start questioning the loyality of fans... but really loyality in today's time is not a blind concept. You need to win it and sustain it. People will move on when their sensibility is questioned.. There is a reason I dont watch some mindless movies that are made.. cause the whole time I am saying " But how"???

Have a grt day people!
Edited by jules - 11 years ago
i think mistakes and bloopers are common in many serials...i dont think it is an insult to audience...its my opinion...i just enjoy the show and my fav couple...sorry it it hurt anyone.
A long read but totally worth it! - I have been thinking of making such a post but as you must have discovered while making it the list is tooo ooo long - which is not acceptable - we need some standards! 10%-20% errors are acceptable but errors and senseless details almost every dialogue they say is not good!

we should gift these guys note books so they make one for each character and write down every detail they mention hence in the future if the need to mention the same thing arises it's not so greatly different that we are forced to say WHAT THE! πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
I want answers to all of these!!
Someone send this to the PH and CV's!