Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

do believe in happy endings?

Poll Question: Do you believe in happy endings?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [40.00%]
9 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Movies, most of the time, have an ending with the line "..and they lived happily ever after". Some of us have grown up with all those fairy tales like Snow White, Cinderella, etc where the girl always gets her prince charming, after triumphing all the hurdles and defeating their evil step mothers and step sisters.. Certain movies and books want to make you believe in happy endings. 
But in real life it is different. In real life you have struggles and when you over come them, you will get more struggles instead of happily ever after. People say that "happy endings" only exists in movies and "life is not a piece of cake". 
What do you think? Do you agree that life is cruel and there are no happy endings? 
Or do you believe that one day everyone gets their own happy endings? 
What do you think? 
Discuss away! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevil

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:18am | IP Logged
books and movies have happy endings when they finish the story at some point when the guy/girl gets everything they wanted or wished for and they are extremely happy... what happens after that is not known... the writers make us assume that they lived happily ever after to give a positive feel...

in real life... the story does not end...it goes on and on...there are times when you are extremely happy when you have achieved something you wanted so badly and then there are other times when you have to struggle alot in life... its just different phases of life...nothing remains permanent, good and bad times both come and go... so you cant expect life to have a happy ending because life goes on... you can have happy moments and difficult situations.. but how can you have an ending?

Lost-angel

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Life is not easy.. sure... but for me, YES. I DO BELIEVE MY LIFE WILL END HAPPILY.

LOL But seriously...for me, if the ending's not happy.. it's not the end yet.

Finding the "prince Charming" and "living happily ever after" is a bunch of bull. Nothing like that ever happens in real world. Real world is much insecure, and in short - much uglier.

One would be extremely lucky to find their Prince Charming where love between the lovers increases as the day passes by, and when the Prince Charming would love and make a soul-to-soul connection with his princess even when she's old wrinkly pale etc. until their death.

^^ this does not happen in reality, there are VERY few exceptions. Man and wife get tired of each other as they grow old, both become selfish about their needs, health etc...have you ever seen old couple in love? SOMETIMES, here and there... maybe 1 in 1000 couples have a beautiful loving relationship from what I have seen.

Anyways, that ^^ is for people who believe LOVE = happy ending.

I dont believe in nor do i have much hopes in "romance" so, my happy ending is bound to happen ;)

For me, my happyness would lie in watching my future adopted son grow up to be a successful MAN and get married Heart ... lol.

But seriously, I cannot tell what will make me happy or what an ideal happy ending would be.. but I am sure and confident that my life will end very beautifully :) Reading good books, cooking, shopping, gardening and travelling make me very happy...so yeah, by the time I grow old I'll have more time to spend on doing things I love. so maybe dying during the days when I indulge in doing things i love will prolly be a happy ending? LOL I never really thought about what'd be a happy ending.. but I have always concentrated on not doing things that'd KILL my happiness and peace of mind, instead of hoping that I'll have a happy ending.

PS - I'd also like to add that, people change. What you might think will make you happy when yu grow up, may not exactly be the thing that'd make you happy when you get it... I'd say, a man that is content with what life's giving him at present, will be content and live happily always.

Finally, all i can say is having a "happy ending" or not depends greatly on the person... each man is responsible for his own happyness, no one else is.
Hard times, bad days and all are part of life... one cannot play a victim and pray for a happy ending. I strongly believe in - Make a happy ending for yourself if your so concerned about your happyness :) ..like they say where there's a will, there's a way. Or else, accept life whole-heartedly, take it as it comes, embrace it, love it.. you'll automatically be happy. Men are just lazy and succumb to what life throws at them without even trying, such people  only know how to cry and scorn at karma, luck, etc.  And most others are too egoistic to accept that they have failed to do something/achieve something (that'd give them happyness) - such people play victim.. Therefore the dream of a "happy ending" always remains a dream. Sleepy 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 22 July 2012 at 1:23pm

Heart

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

True love stories doesn't have a happy ending... It has NO ending ....but everybody want every ending to be a HAPPY ending Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartAngel-likeDevil

Heart Senior Member
Heart
Heart

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Happy endings does not necessarily mean getting a prince charming or a princess and getting married or something.. I agree people get bored with each other but everyone has to make efforts and work on their relationship for a happy ending. 
Happy ending means at the end of your life, when you look back you know you are content with everything you have done, achieved and have no regrets in life. It means that when you're on your death bed, you're at peace.. you got everything you ever needed and the things you did not get, you knew there is a reason for that... for me that is an happy ending. Do you think everyone gets that? 

Edited by Heart - 23 July 2012 at 1:32am

ssroomani

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

LOL But seriously...for me, if the ending's not happy.. it's not the end yet.

Therefore the dream of a "happy ending" always remains a dream. Sleepy 

so should we expect another post from you on this? lol.

@ topic. 

song for,

happy ending, happy ending everyone is looking for a happy ending

irony is that there was no happy ending for the movie itself lol.

song against,

hum pe kya kya guzri, tum kya sun pao ge
nazuk sa dil rakhte ho, roone lak jao ge

my take is that we get both happy and un-happy endings over the period of lifetimes.

Edited by King-Anu - 23 July 2012 at 8:52am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Lost-angelAngel-likeDevil

Ankithate Goldie
Ankithate
Ankithate

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Its Bullshit ,
life is not a bollywood movie where in the end evrythng will be fine.
Many ppl living their life below standard of living .

The life we are living is somewhere some1 dream .

Only things which is fact that .
Every person to get a chance , every person has good times in life and bad times in life. And the person who makes most of it when good times come lives more happy than other. But still happy and sad both are essential part of life will always there be..

One cant say that till end evrythng willl be okay. Its just a way to fool yourself and live in dreams but reality is not that.!

Lost-angel

Roslyn1991 Goldie
Roslyn1991
Roslyn1991

Posted: 26 July 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Happy ending are just part of movies and books.
In real life is the living hell on earth made by mankind itself.

Lost-angel

Go to top