Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Daljeet- not only for her fans. (Page 4)

sameerah Senior Member
sameerah
sameerah

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged
If she wanted a meatier role, the fine; but how is crying and making everyones life miserable a more meatier role???? 

the only that is different now, is that instead of doing pooja's all the time she is in her room sulking. 

some negotiation that was

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gkoolansdiya33sun_shine_girlOmNaMaSteOm

gkoolans Senior Member
gkoolans
gkoolans

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kasu4lyfe

We all know amd agree that the show cant be always every episode only arshi. We also know that in order to move THEIR LOVESTORY AHEAD we need other characters to step in and create situations BUT BUT BUT showing anjali getting upset seing arshi or crying all the time and telling arnav he has changed bc he is in love is WRONG!!! Also i dont mind them showing anjali as long as she doesnt come between arshi. And one more thing that i dont understand nd i wuld appreciate if someone wuld explain to me this so daljeet has negotiated and asked for a lil more screen space but didnt she read the contract and waznt she told exactly from the begining how much her character will be shown and what role she is playing. Im pretty sure she knew how much screen space she waz gonna get and how her character will develop then why all of a sudden she wants more screen time? She knows shes is not the main lead and show wont give trp to the channel. She is only a supporting actress and yes her charactervis somewhat important but not more than arnav and khushi!!!! Anyways personally i like daljeet but im dissapoint with all this happening!!
hmmm well who knows what the contract had and what she was promised...but i know this much that in soaps sometimes the CVs lose focus if a track is selling well...and if the track is of the leads then that is like a huge breather...but eventually the stress of a couple holding the responsibility of the show catches up... and things crumble...and god for bid i dont want that to happen to IPK ever...this is a family drama and i do remember that the early episodes where the bro sis bond was being established...we loved those scenes...we enjoyed them ... but then ASR and Anjali were quite static, no drama no events... there is a tragedy that has stuck in the RM and i fell that it is being tackled accordingly... but we need to sit through it patiently... and let the characters establish once again because all that we knew as normal has changed...
-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shastradhari

she does not have that power in her acting to grab audience's attention. period.
Rona dhona will not do itDead
Totally agree, she is not able to create an impact. showing shades of grey and getting sympathy is huge challenge for any actor but she has lost the opportunity. I think she needs to work on her acting as it is going overboard and audience are confused as to whether she is sick/depressed/pregnant/jealous/possessive.
Aamir is the inspiration for most actors he gives 3-4 minimum for each movie to get his look right but here DB is not even wearing a bump and acting like she is dying???
Even Barun and Sanaya have done rigorous homework before the show started and i salute them for their professionalism, my respect for them has increased leaps and bounds after the DB fiasco.

Edited by Didikisaut - 23 July 2012 at 12:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gkoolans

Originally posted by Kasu4lyfe

We all know amd agree that the show cant be always every episode only arshi. We also know that in order to move THEIR LOVESTORY AHEAD we need other characters to step in and create situations BUT BUT BUT showing anjali getting upset seing arshi or crying all the time and telling arnav he has changed bc he is in love is WRONG!!! Also i dont mind them showing anjali as long as she doesnt come between arshi. And one more thing that i dont understand nd i wuld appreciate if someone wuld explain to me this so daljeet has negotiated and asked for a lil more screen space but didnt she read the contract and waznt she told exactly from the begining how much her character will be shown and what role she is playing. Im pretty sure she knew how much screen space she waz gonna get and how her character will develop then why all of a sudden she wants more screen time? She knows shes is not the main lead and show wont give trp to the channel. She is only a supporting actress and yes her charactervis somewhat important but not more than arnav and khushi!!!! Anyways personally i like daljeet but im dissapoint with all this happening!!
hmmm well who knows what the contract had and what she was promised...but i know this much that in soaps sometimes the CVs lose focus if a track is selling well...and if the track is of the leads then that is like a huge breather...but eventually the stress of a couple holding the responsibility of the show catches up... and things crumble...and god for bid i dont want that to happen to IPK ever...this is a family drama and i do remember that the early episodes where the bro sis bond was being established...we loved those scenes...we enjoyed them ... but then ASR and Anjali were quite static, no drama no events... there is a tragedy that has stuck in the RM and i fell that it is being tackled accordingly... but we need to sit through it patiently... and let the characters establish once again because all that we knew as normal has changed...
@bold-this the major bone of contention, it is classified as romantic drama (take a look at even the latest article ( http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3108645 ) and it was always sold as one. Frankly people cannot take Anjali drama as they are not expecting it (not wanting it)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gkoolansOmNaMaSteOm

AmazingAmy IF-Dazzler
AmazingAmy
AmazingAmy

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shastradhari

she does not have that power in her acting to grab audience's attention. period.
Rona dhona will not do itDead
True true. She needs lessons from Abhaas...not just in terms of acting, but knowing how to handle criticism off-screen. 

Now I see the massive difference between Sanaya/Barun vs the supporting actors on the show. These two are not only powerful actors...but they have such a charm, screen presence and x-factor...they can carry the show on their shoulders. When you see how badly the show sucks now with Anjali getting more screen time (Friday's episode was PURE TORTURE), you realize exactly why she is a supporting actor and not a lead.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tinanaikgkoolansOmNaMaSteOm

ASADsweetZOYA IF-Sizzlerz
ASADsweetZOYA
ASADsweetZOYA

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Thumbs Up

gkoolans

1yyy2krish3 IF-Rockerz
1yyy2krish3
1yyy2krish3

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
nice post 

gkoolans

tinanaik Newbie
tinanaik
tinanaik

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mali

I have three children and all of my pregnancies have been difficult. I also went through some difficult personal problems. Let me tell you, on my worst day, I didn't act like Anjali. I get it, she's weak but many women who experience what she has choose to overcome it and they do. She may not want the child, whatever emotions she feels towards the child given her circumstances may be natural but this is where the problem is.  It's not consistent. And quite frankly what is her family doing for her? Nothing positive. 

I agree that an actor is doing a job and therefore will negotiate for their own benefit. I have no problem with that.  That's great that she was able to get what she wanted but she needed to go further and discuss the role Anjali plays. More airtime should translate into a better storyline for her character not just more airtime.  

and regarding the technical issues, specifically the baby bump, the storyline is that she is pregnant.  If they choose not to portray that then they take the chance of people not being sympathetic to the character. I am watching a show.  I am already making a lot of allowances as it is.  You want people to relate to the character then put on a baby bump. 

i totally agree with you...even i m mother i too had faced personal problems but i overcome that problem coz of my child..here anjali is overreacting..i really dont beleive in technical issues...if you want take up a act do it fruitfully..comeon you are in the 6 months of preganancy and no babybump...thats not possible

OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top