India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Daljeet- not only for her fans.

gkoolans Senior Member
gkoolans
gkoolans

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:07am | IP Logged
..she is doing a job as an actor. when we r professionals we end up negotiating for our interests as well...Daljeet is not working non-profit...she earns her living with this show and therefore we as fans also have to understand that there is a bargain side invovled as in all the professions and situations of life...
im sure as humans and as intelligent beings we would never and i stress never say yes to a deal which would be harmful for us career wise or personally.
so...

Confusedwhy haven't we learnt this from what happened that Daljeet as a woman/professional has shown her negotiation skills and has stood her ground...
Shockedwhy havent we learnt that there is always room for bargaining and with the right kind of attitude we can have a win win situation?
 Smilewhy haven't we learnt that as a woman Daljeet showed us that she is worth more that than what she was being offered once the show aired and that believing this to be true she fought for her rightful exposure? 
Ouchwhy haven't we learnt that at times if what we are promised during our agreement (may it be any situation) and we dont get that it is OK to ask for the promised platform? 
it is ok to say, hye i was suppose to get this and only that is why i agreed therefore it is not appropriate to take me for a ride now. 
Angryi demand things to be settled and if not then... wellSmile... it was nice knowing you but i think i can do much much better.

hmmm, Daljeet's character needed screen space..Staryes yes yes yes yes...a thousand yesses.
she is important to IPK...she has someone around whom the IPk emotions revolve...she needed to be explored more in order to be justified in her position. 
as i have mentioned in previous posts that this is a soap my lovely forumwasis...and that it cannot...simply cannot base itself on two main leads...! there shall be the following problems if we are only shown focus on ARHI,
- the rabba ves shall be repeated and therefore monotony shall prevailDead
- there shall be no more situations for romance to bloom because our demands if being met would have exhausted all the 'can be's ' and 'should be's ' in the soap.Sleepy
- the soap shall have no more content left as it will only be ARHI ARHI and ARHI Dead
- our IPK beloved shall be coming to a RIP stage sooner than later
- We will be bashing the romances as well because there would be nothing else to SEE, watch or get entertained with.
i Love Daljeet's characterHug...she is a great actor and needed to be given the space to show her talents...in a soap there are numerous tracks happening parallel to each other...just like in real life...they get spot light on and off and that is why life for lots of us is soo sooo exciting... Soaps are our every day voyeurism Embarrassed. we just love to be nosy and then bitch about 'you know what happened' scenarios on this forum...Wink. if these tracks dont cross, loops are not tied and untied then there shall be nothing to 'look forward to'. 
i am dying to see who the dumb call was from. and how Anjali shall react...i am also seeing a pregnant woman, desparate to redeem her child's father so that there is some solidarity in her life again...because that is how most us women are...we are brought up and 'groomed' that way. we are asked to take care of our husbands, nurture them, see to their needs because they are dependent on us...that what our mothers tell us when we are being married off... how can Anjali not be shattered. how can Anjali not feel lost, as if all hell has broken lose and this situation is amplified due to her pregnancy...
love this track because it has so much to offer... so much insight into a mother to be's feeling... im also thinking that Shyam is not so cut off from the child growing inside of Anjali...he just can't / or wont be able to stay away from his Rani Sahiba...he is on a mission...a revenge mission and once he reconciles with that ...calms down... he will realize that he actually loves his Rani Sahiba... Embarrassed...yeah im a sucker for 'Anjam /shaali'...LOL confused between the two names...what shall we name 'em guys...anyone with me here...Big smile

last but not the least...i am quite thankful that the whole scenario came out in Daljeet's interview...i have learnt how to be stronger because of her...

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

hetalmnishika_24madarfandhivyarshi1986chanloves-JB_1DEvilMindedMepalo101coffee_lovelovesharunWhite.PearlManvi90zeefan 1Lu_ArmipersadianKhuarvFawadiliciousMaverick29TaujooMadihakhushboorathrizibnatasha-remixpinkssParneetSAGirlHasNoNamesama50-Rimsha-sizzlesreena544Chaituv207shikha1yyy2krish3Deedeepa1LyssaPieBearNaNaSankiPagal

SankiPagal IF-Sizzlerz
SankiPagal
SankiPagal

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Beautiful post indeed .. I agree with you totally. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gkoolans

mali Senior Member
mali
mali

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
I have no problems with another characters being explored but seriously the way Anjali is portrayed is insulting.  Look at the car scene, from the beginning, she looked like she was dying. She needs help to walk to the car and get in.  That is not what pregnancy is.  And if she did feel sick that day then she shouldn't have gone,  And where is the baby bump? Again, we the audience are being asked to accept all these inconsistencies. 

And yes, it's a living for the actors.  I get that but I also think they should want their work to be consistent and in line with the show not to mention reality.  Some of us were expecting Anjali to cause a rift between Arhi, but we certainly were not expecting this.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113jalkukdi1gkoolansdiya33lanilandPissa99Emerald-Barundeewani19sanja_herepiggieSanzBarbieDeedeepa1-DKS-.Kiran.OmNaMaSteOm

gkoolans Senior Member
gkoolans
gkoolans

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mali

I have no problems with another characters being explored but seriously the way Anjali is portrayed is insulting.  Look at the car scene, from the beginning, she looked like she was dying. She needs help to walk to the car and get in.  That is not what pregnancy is.  And if she did feel sick that day then she shouldn't have gone,  And where is the baby bump? Again, we the audience are being asked to accept all these inconsistencies. 

And yes, it's a living for the actors.  I get that but I also think they should want their work to be consistent and in line with the show not to mention reality.  Some of us were expecting Anjali to cause a rift between Arhi, but we certainly were not expecting this.

while there may be inconsistencies in what they are showing... there is also this to understand that pregnancy...difficult pregnancy can be acceptable if all is well around you. if you circumstances are tragic and traumatic then you end up hating the pregnancy... remember this that a woman is going through alot of drastics changes in her life during these nine months...she is high on hormones and therefore her reactions are always amplified a hundred times over... most of us are not encouraged to talk about how hateful we feel towards ourselves, the child within in or towards the husband...at times it is hatred for your own mother because she failed to expose you to this ugly side of the pregnancy...the over sensitiveness, the blown up feeling, the 'looking ugly' feeling. a pregnant woman can easily go on a 'blaming mission'...every one is the enemy even her own self because she 'allowed' herself to be in this situation... so yes she is lethargic, fragile, tired, worrisome all the time and that is excat reason she is fatigued...but she is also an avid ' pujali' like we love calling her LOL. she believes in her goddess and that she will make all well for her... just like KKG believes and it stood true no? when KKG started speaking again with her DM , DM started helping her... Anjali has the same perspective...she is rich therefore she can 'afford' to be more extravagant and elaborately ritualistic to make this right in her life through DM. so even if she is on her death bed she will go to the mandir...becasue she needs to prove to her DM that she is dedicated to her goddess and that the goddess should reward her by making everything right in the house...because she has asked ASR once to rectify everything and ASR by his repeatedly being caught in comprimisingly romantic situationsWink by her and many others has proven that he is a goner LOL
jokes aside...DM is the only whom Anjali can rely on at the moment and therefore she will go to the mandir in any case...

baby bumps and all inconsistencies are just techincal issues... we need to look at the larger picture here...Anjali is Pregnant! her husband has been slapped twice by her bro and has been kicked out of the house! her sis in law has been caught red handed by Anjali feeding yogurt to her husband! the husband has accepted the accusation of signing the divorce papers! all that Anjali knew as her own has gone against her now...she is lost... she needs support but what support should that be...? according to Anjali she needs her husband back...and KKG out...only then will the balance of her life be stabilized...again...i am not saying that she is right in her thinking...im only underlining how much distorted a woman in her condition can become...Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rosie111AGirlHasNoName

mali Senior Member
mali
mali

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
I have three children and all of my pregnancies have been difficult. I also went through some difficult personal problems. Let me tell you, on my worst day, I didn't act like Anjali. I get it, she's weak but many women who experience what she has choose to overcome it and they do. She may not want the child, whatever emotions she feels towards the child given her circumstances may be natural but this is where the problem is.  It's not consistent. And quite frankly what is her family doing for her? Nothing positive. 

I agree that an actor is doing a job and therefore will negotiate for their own benefit. I have no problem with that.  That's great that she was able to get what she wanted but she needed to go further and discuss the role Anjali plays. More airtime should translate into a better storyline for her character not just more airtime.  

and regarding the technical issues, specifically the baby bump, the storyline is that she is pregnant.  If they choose not to portray that then they take the chance of people not being sympathetic to the character. I am watching a show.  I am already making a lot of allowances as it is.  You want people to relate to the character then put on a baby bump. 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

tinanaikaskamanmissnida222jalkukdi1gkoolansdiya33lanilandbanglesMahi122AmazingAmySanzBarbie-DKS-GodhuliLogonOmNaMaSteOm

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

askamanmalijalkukdi1gkoolansdiya33lanilandbanglesEvocative1mangaloreAudrey.h.Kasu4lyfeAmazingAmySanzBarbieOmNaMaSteOm-DKS-GodhuliLogonxAaliya

deepika45 IF-Rockerz
deepika45
deepika45

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged
good post, its needed for this time. i completely agree

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gkoolans

SanayaFlawless IF-Sizzlerz
SanayaFlawless
SanayaFlawless

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 10:06am | IP Logged
good post