India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

PREGNANCY vs CANCER (Page 5)

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:48am | IP Logged
i ve already posted a similar topic raising the same questions. Link given below:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3105729

I am tired of DEMENTER DI & her RM clowns Angry

-Shobhu21- IF-Dazzler
-Shobhu21-
-Shobhu21-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Good post !!

Seriously, these days, the way they've started potraying Anjali !
She was dependent on someone or the other earlier too, I dont blame her, she's been brought up like that, all protected never even seen a single scratch and all that, and the thing about her husband coming out sure did make her a bit unstable !!

But then making her look like she's sick and not pregnant makes me wonder is she pregnant !! She's gonna be 6 months pregnant, cause according to what the shpw's timeline is showing, the contract bound to end soon, and she has no baby bump !

I understand that CVs dont want to loose Daljeet, she really is great, but there a 100 other ways Anjali can be explored, Its a request, dont make me hate Anjali as a character ! She was so much more better earlier too, she wanted her brother to love and be loved, so dont make her do anything weird CVs !!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25MrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

.Sia. IF-Dazzler
.Sia.
.Sia.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:24am | IP Logged
They're both so different that the two cannot possibly be compared. Cancer is an awful illness, but the issues the cancer patient (won't mention names as we're on IPKKND forum) face are very different to Anjali's. Their outlooks on life are very different. Anjali's world began and ended with Shyam, he meant everything to her. Finding out how unfaithful he had been just made her lose faith in everything, in the whole world. She's in a very bad place right now where she cannot see beyond the tragedy she has been faced with. In the other drama, the girl has had time to come to terms with her cancer. Do you not remember how long she bottled it up for & how upset she was because she didn't want her family to be burdened, especially her sister? She started to draw positives out of life as she knew that she might not live as long as others, she discovered how precious life is. She discovered that her best friend is majorly in love with her, and he's been her support network. The two characters are so different, both in their nature and their circumstances. They cannot possibly be compared.

Also, cancer is a topic that has to be approached very sensitively. If they showed the patient with a very negative outlook, it would not go down well with the audience at all. I already feel they could have approached certain things in a more sensitive way, but they decided to throw the biggest challenge to he most positive character merely because they knew how tough it would be to put a positive spin on it.

Edited by .Ghausia. - 22 July 2012 at 7:25am
anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Erika1

Even though I do not like the portrayal of the pregnancy and the lack of baby bump, no offence, but you are not allowed to compare two shows, and let me tell you that the other show had it been realistically portrayed you would have cringed, I had a friend and a cousin who had two different types of cancer hence speaking from experience.  

Yes I agree. I posted reg these as reply to some other post on page 3.
You cannot show everything related to cancer.
But so far it has been handled well, maybe they will change her look as the story progresses.
I am reminded of Tom Hanks playing terminally patient with aids in Philadelphia , as well as the character in My Sister's Keeper! Really gut-wrenching. 
But those are movies and we cannot expect the same in soaps. Daily soaps stay with you for a long time.  So yes, you are right,we will cringe!

But right now it is ANJALI's PREGNANCY THAT MAKES US CRINGE! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrDarcyfan

anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zanonymous

2 different characters and 2 different shows.. i dnt think there should be comparison...

Agreed. But...
One is nurturing a baby, and the other a killer disease.
So, if the former is depicted like the latter, you are bound to notice it and point out, right?

OmNaMaSteOm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Excellent post, DB should read it and understand the reasons why her character is not getting any sympathy

OmNaMaSteOm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Ghausia.

They're both so different that the two cannot possibly be compared. Cancer is an awful illness, but the issues the cancer patient (won't mention names as we're on IPKKND forum) face are very different to Anjali's. Their outlooks on life are very different. Anjali's world began and ended with Shyam, he meant everything to her. Finding out how unfaithful he had been just made her lose faith in everything, in the whole world. She's in a very bad place right now where she cannot see beyond the tragedy she has been faced with. In the other drama, the girl has had time to come to terms with her cancer. Do you not remember how long she bottled it up for & how upset she was because she didn't want her family to be burdened, especially her sister? She started to draw positives out of life as she knew that she might not live as long as others, she discovered how precious life is. She discovered that her best friend is majorly in love with her, and he's been her support network. The two characters are so different, both in their nature and their circumstances. They cannot possibly be compared.

Also, cancer is a topic that has to be approached very sensitively. If they showed the patient with a very negative outlook, it would not go down well with the audience at all. I already feel they could have approached certain things in a more sensitive way, but they decided to throw the biggest challenge to he most positive character merely because they knew how tough it would be to put a positive spin on it.
See there quite alot of flip flops in Anjali character
She is show as a nut case in one episode and trying to self abort IDK but it looked more like suicide (no continuation in next episode)
She behaves like she is suffering from some incurable disease (just relook the car scene)
In the next scene she gets all her energy and starts melodrama
She refuses to take care of the baby (No mother will refuse to eat,abort or refuse pills)
She is more interested in her brothers married life Dead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PiscineMolitorOmNaMaSteOmMrDarcyfan

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
anjalis life completely revolved around two ppl, her husband and her brother, they showed that from the very beginning with the fasts and the pooja and the superstitions she had for arnav, all of a sudden she has lost both...or at least arnav is preoccupied with khushi whenever anjali has tried reaching out to him

at least once before her marriage was broken because of her mothers suicide during her wedding... the flashbacks... they have never shown us how shyam came into the picture and how they got married but remember when khushi was going to tell her abt shyam and her manglasutra broke.. she freaked out and now that she has actually lost her husband... for whatever reasons bcos the issue was never discussed openly there were a lot of back and forth accusations... we expect her to behave sanely

character wise it makes a lot of sense, she is not behaving like a good sister but i dont think her behaviour is off character from what they have always shown her to be... she fainted and had arnav working from home in the very beginning of the show as well, she has always been taken care of by others in the family...

no one likes how she is behaving bcos it is cutting down on arnavs time with khushi but a story needs to have multiple facets to grow

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index