Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

PREGNANCY vs CANCER (Page 3)

ArShi_scorp Goldie
ArShi_scorp
ArShi_scorp

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Sorry, but i disagree..

For one .. Anjali and Maanvi are 2 diff characters.. Both might be orphans, but both have different capabilities to adjust with their surroundings ..
Anjali always had a sheltered and pampered life , before this revelation.. So, the character is sure going to find it difficult to adjust to the changes that's happening now ..

And, i for one dont think the sister's show has dealt with the cancer track well.. Cancer is not just abt losing hair and wearing a bandana... and how do i kno it . cuz my mom is a cancer-survivor .. It involves tiredness, chemos, radiations, not just the hair but even the eyelashes falling off, bloating up, weakness, nausea .. painful painful experience ..for everyone involved .
the sisters show like ours, has got a good cast, and they kno they have struck gold with the tear-ful drama they are showing right now .. So, they are continuing with it ..

Ask yourself .. how much in terms of content and story - has the sisters show progressed, and how much has IPK progressed ...  ?

IPK needs to give screen-space and time to all it's other characters so that the story of the central characters can move forward. It's NOT playing safe, and relying on one single track ...

I.M.O - the 2 shows and their characters cant be compared .. Anjali and maanvi - as different as maybe arnav and Khushi

Edited by ArShi_scorp - 22 July 2012 at 5:19am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sassymahiEmerald-fly_dog

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fj08

you cannot compare two ppl's outlook on life, be it pregnancy or cancer

the difference is that anjali's character had the same traits even before her pregnancy... she was clinging to her absent husband, brother and religion...arnav and anjali have emotional issues based on their past, i for one am glad that the show has moved past shyam and is focusing on the aftermath of his actions

Anjali is older than the other girl but mentally is not strong because of that all these problem...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

notacrimetolovenature-loverOmNaMaSteOmMrDarcyfan

OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
so true
i started watching the EHMMBH since the stupid MU i found it relaxing, i was watching it before not that much interest
i still watch it after the current stressing track
i dont think this is called comparing, this is a way to tell that ur track preposterous, if comparing is one tell make ur point understood why not

I love IPK but somethings just need to change

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113taklima_najnotacrimetolovenature-loverMrDarcyfan

surbhi_d3 IF-Dazzler
surbhi_d3
surbhi_d3

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:26am | IP Logged
I completely agree with you. Though, Anjali is a bit justified but she is becoming intolerable now.  I hate her for the friday episode. She was being completely sick!

anoushka_113notacrimetolovenature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kins103

Anjali's character is different 
you cannot compare such thing
I know how the other show handled cancer like a normal fever
It should be like that..you cannot frighten the audience ...sometimes the cancer patients don't want other to know it...because they want to live a normal life until they get better or die...this serial is trying  to make us to face this life threatening cancer  as positive way...Clap

notacrimetolovenature-loverOmNaMaSteOm

ASADsweetZOYA IF-Sizzlerz
ASADsweetZOYA
ASADsweetZOYA

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarithaipkknd

i don watch the manvi show to compare..but i must agree with u on 1 point.. tat anji's pregnancy is handled really badly.. no baby bump.. nothin...n she keeps on takin meds... i m fed up...whenevr anji comes onscreen with her aaa...aaa... background score.. i feel like changin the channel

agree with u in this point...Thumbs Up
anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitty25

Originally posted by kins103

Anjali's character is different 
you cannot compare such thing
I know how the other show handled cancer like a normal fever
It should be like that..you cannot frighten the audience ...sometimes the cancer patients don't want other to know it...because they want to live a normal life until they get better or die...this serial is trying  to make us to face this life threatening cancer  as positive way...Clap

I agree. They live on hope! I lost a dear friend to cancer last year.  I know the drill. 
I don't want to say more, since this is IPK forum, not behna forum. 

notacrimetolovekitty25MrDarcyfan

anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArShi_scorp

Sorry, but i disagree..

For one .. Anjali and Maanvi are 2 diff characters.. Both might be orphans, but both have different capabilities to adjust with their surroundings ..
Anjali always had a sheltered and pampered life , before this revelation.. So, the character is sure going to find it difficult to adjust to the changes that's happening now ..

And, i for one dont think the sister's show has dealt with the cancer track well.. Cancer is not just abt losing hair and wearing a bandana... and how do i kno it . cuz my mom is a cancer-survivor .. It involves tiredness, chemos, radiations, not just the hair but even the eyelashes falling off, bloating up, weakness, nausea .. painful painful experience ..for everyone involved .
the sisters show like ours, has got a good cast, and they kno they have struck gold with the tear-ful drama they are showing right now .. So, they are continuing with it ..

Ask yourself .. how much in terms of content and story - has the sisters show progressed, and how much has IPK progressed ...  ?

IPK needs to give screen-space and time to all it's other characters so that the story of the central characters can move forward. It's NOT playing safe, and relying on one single track ...

I.M.O - the 2 shows and their characters cant be compared .. Anjali and maanvi - as different as maybe arnav and Khushi

Screen space to all other characters is fine, but what about character inconsistencies?
Regarding the progress of IPK in terms of content, let's not forget the MU or the kidnapping track that went on and on till we were about to hit our screens in frustration!
And I agree the two characters are different and their response to stress will also be different, but when you etch the characters, you need to show some semblance to credibility.
And yes, cancer is not just losing hair and wearing a bandana.  I know, I have lost near and dear ones to cancer, but so far their treatment of the subject is balanced.  You cannot show everything, either!
I don't want to say more on behna, since this is IPK forum.
My idea of pointing out, was just a desperate plea to the CVs to bring back the credibility factor, nothing else.

kitty25notacrimetolovenature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index