Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:27am | IP Logged
WELL SAIDClap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113kitty25nature-loverMrDarcyfan

ASYA12 Goldie
ASYA12
ASYA12

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:31am | IP Logged
hey,i was saying the same to my mom yesterday!!...manvi's got cancer and she seems much much much better than this anjali!!..y is she overreactin like this!!??...
i'm sorry,i used to loooveee anjali and i do not have any prob with daljeet but now,i just cannot stand anjali!!..uggghh..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113kitty25notacrimetolovenature-loverOmNaMaSteOmMrDarcyfan

Reksy Senior Member
Reksy
Reksy

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged
U bet

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113nature-loverMrDarcyfan

IllGetOverIpk IF-Sizzlerz
IllGetOverIpk
IllGetOverIpk

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:41am | IP Logged
i don watch the manvi show to compare..but i must agree with u on 1 point.. tat anji's pregnancy is handled really badly.. no baby bump.. nothin...n she keeps on takin meds... i m fed up...whenevr anji comes onscreen with her aaa...aaa... background score.. i feel like changin the channel

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113nature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

PollyTrolly Goldie
PollyTrolly
PollyTrolly

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:48am | IP Logged
May be you are right. But comparing the two characters from two different shows is .. errmm.. you know, Not so right.

Anjali has always been like that, even before her pregnancy. her behavior has nothing to do with her pregnancy.

Plus the other show you are talking about, I haven't seen many epis of that show. But whatever I have seen, I think her character is strong. She plays a strong girl. May be somewhat like our KKGSR.

I agree, Anajli IS a bit over-reacting, but please don't compare two totally different shows.

:)
xx

anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarithaipkknd

i don watch the manvi show to compare..but i must agree with u on 1 point.. tat anji's pregnancy is handled really badly.. no baby bump.. nothin...n she keeps on takin meds... i m fed up...whenevr anji comes onscreen with her aaa...aaa... background score.. i feel like changin the channel

True.  Whenever Anjali comes on screen, we all are like, " oh no!"...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

notacrimetolovenature-loverOmNaMaSteOm

anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PollyTrolly

May be you are right. But comparing the two characters from two different shows is .. errmm.. you know, Not so right.

Anjali has always been like that, even before her pregnancy. her behavior has nothing to do with her pregnancy.

Plus the other show you are talking about, I haven't seen many epis of that show. But whatever I have seen, I think her character is strong. She plays a strong girl. May be somewhat like our KKGSR.

I agree, Anajli IS a bit over-reacting, but please don't compare two totally different shows.

:)
xx

Well, Anjali may have been always like that.  But it was in a positive way. She was clinging to her husband , bro and religion, but she was also shown as caring esp towards her bro!
So the current track is partly attributed to her shock over her hubby's betrayal and partly due to her pregnancy.  I can understand the shock part! But it is going OTT coupled with the pregnancy which is handled very badly.
Even if Anjali was like this earlier, we never said," oh no! " when she came in frame.  We do that now.
Is this what DB bargained for when she asked for more screen space?
And yes, it is ok, to portray her in this manner, but, then , the CVs should have also used the other characters, Akash, for example to take charge and play a positive role in making her see reason, taking her to a therapist and so on, coz such behavior definitely warrants medical attention, pronto, and not fawning by family members.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

taklima_najnotacrimetolovenature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anoushka_113

I know I am not to post topics comparing shows, but the way Anjali is shown, I can't help it.
IPK has Anjali who is clingy and weepy , who emotionally blackmails, manipulates, and has all the family members dancing around her, indiscriminately picking up pills and offering her whenever she is in the frame, ( which is always, since we are talking of EXTENDED SCREEN SPACE, God help us!).

In the very next show we have Maanvi, battling a terminal disease without resorting to high-end drama.

The pregnant lady, for all these naatak, doesn't sport a baby-bump, whereas, the one with cancer goes bald!

Anjali clings to her sibling and is jealous if he spends a wee bit of time with his wife, whereas the latter stands firm in sending her sibling back to her spouse!

It should be noted that IPK was promoted as a love story, where as the other show is all about sibling love!

Before I get bashed for comparing, let me clarify.  I love, or rather loved IPK, and actually started watching the other show by sheer accident, since it comes right after IPK. But the way they have handled cancer is commendable, no melodrama, at the same time, not trivialising it either, whereas IPK's handling of a normal, beautiful experience like pregnancy sets your teeth on edge!

CVs, please, this is a wake-up call!  With such powerpacked talents, esp in the leads, (and by that I DON'T MEAN ANJALI!) please, please do some reality check.  Don't give us such unpalatable characterisations, even if it means the said actress gets an opportunity to show her histri(yawn)onics!

Give us back the show we loved!!

very good post..Clap and if this serial's CV's keep on abusing both sisters they will lose audience...there are lots of good serials to choose from...I started with IPKKND but now big fan of EHMMBH..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113notacrimetolovenature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index