India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

PREGNANCY vs CANCER

anoushka_113 Groupbie
anoushka_113
anoushka_113

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:51am | IP Logged

I know I am not to post topics comparing shows, but the way Anjali is shown, I can't help it.
IPK has Anjali who is clingy and weepy , who emotionally blackmails, manipulates, and has all the family members dancing around her, indiscriminately picking up pills and offering her whenever she is in the frame, ( which is always, since we are talking of EXTENDED SCREEN SPACE, God help us!).

In the very next show we have Maanvi, battling a terminal disease without resorting to high-end drama.

The pregnant lady, for all these naatak, doesn't sport a baby-bump, whereas, the one with cancer goes bald!

Anjali clings to her sibling and is jealous if he spends a wee bit of time with his wife, whereas the latter stands firm in sending her sibling back to her spouse!

It should be noted that IPK was promoted as a love story, where as the other show is all about sibling love!

Before I get bashed for comparing, let me clarify.  I love, or rather loved IPK, and actually started watching the other show by sheer accident, since it comes right after IPK. But the way they have handled cancer is commendable, no melodrama, at the same time, not trivialising it either, whereas IPK's handling of a normal, beautiful experience like pregnancy sets your teeth on edge!

CVs, please, this is a wake-up call!  With such powerpacked talents, esp in the leads, (and by that I DON'T MEAN ANJALI!) please, please do some reality check.  Don't give us such unpalatable characterisations, even if it means the said actress gets an opportunity to show her histri(yawn)onics!

Give us back the show we loved!!

The following 66 member(s) liked the above post:

laila889ahanagogoivit001larumapondivyanilu147dr.Shilpa12Smiley.3jasminsandrilaarnavkhushi111Doc_mahe7edward420armaanridhimma4reianaruby2000zeefan 1hparulmystic@-Reva-mehreen.taklima_najPrasRaschahat128heidiiLOVE_sOAPZdimishralanilandsoumyakcall4angelaarshi1986akanksha_asunshinegal1224cutedesigirl199sanyukta90Maverick29ranithaPiscineMolitorpriyankaaBonhi_ipkkndBestesystarplus31notacrimetolovekadi9ana.khanSiesta1mangalorePia9kitty25samin6pooja_shineStarnature-lover-Shobhu21-sreemeerasurbhi_d3ipkknd-fanStormChaserSanzBarbieCDlove--sumana13--OmNaMaSteOmpinky_blueskies.Sad.But.True.MrDarcyfanAngelicDesires-DKS-mishti_17

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
COOL!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113Bestesy

mystic@ Senior Member
mystic@
mystic@

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 2:53am | IP Logged
inspite of being an adrent fan of ipk i agree 100%..

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113jasminsandrilaDesiGirlsRockxxcall4angelalanilandheidimehreen.taklima_najhparul1mangalorenotacrimetolovestarplus31Pia9kitty25Bonhi_ipkkndBestesypriyankaaAeDilHaiMushkilDrModelOmNaMaSteOm.Sad.But.True.MrDarcyfan-ElmoFuj-

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged
you cannot compare two ppl's outlook on life, be it pregnancy or cancer

the difference is that anjali's character had the same traits even before her pregnancy... she was clinging to her absent husband, brother and religion...arnav and anjali have emotional issues based on their past, i for one am glad that the show has moved past shyam and is focusing on the aftermath of his actions

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

rulingtheworldmanjuduraisassymahichahat128a.kaur..Zenny..BestesyCyberpsychooozillionairerini_katBarundeewani19cutelittleangelAeDilHaiMushkil

sulu_123 Senior Member
sulu_123
sulu_123

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged

agree 100 %.

cvs shud pl use the talent of sanaya barun. Khushi arnav have been repeatedly voted the best jodi becoz of their amazing chemistry. we need to hv more of them in the show. Not necessarily always passionate scenes. They can be having normal talks and understanding.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113jasminsandrilalanilandtaklima_najkitty25ana.khanBonhi_ipkkndBestesy1mangalorenotacrimetoloveMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

DesiGirlsRockxx Senior Member
DesiGirlsRockxx
DesiGirlsRockxx

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Oh my i so agree with u i dnt think the directoe knows that u have a bump when ur abt to have a baby Confused

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113jasminsandrilalanilandBonhi_ipkkndBestesykitty25ana.khannature-loverMrDarcyfan

-Kina- IF-Sizzlerz
-Kina-
-Kina-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Anjali's character is different 
you cannot compare such thing
I know how the other show handled cancer like a normal fever

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

manjuduraisassymahiAchinta97..Zenny..Bestesyfly_dog-happilyunknown

iLOVE_sOAPZ Senior Member
iLOVE_sOAPZ
iLOVE_sOAPZ

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:20am | IP Logged
TROOO!!
i started watchn ipk from july last year.i found the story so interesting and different and i loved the lead pair.much much later i discovered ehm during jan '12 and i just fell in love with it!!
ISS PYAR I NOT THE SAME ANY MORE

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anoushka_113call4angelaBonhi_ipkkndBestesykitty25nature-loverMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index