India-Forums

Byah Hamari Bahu Ka
Byah Hamari Bahu Ka

Why viewers couldn't connect to BHBK - Article

Jin. IF-Rockerz
Jin.
Jin.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged

Hey buddies.. came across this article on The Indian Express onlinepage..

It's about how the audience prefer different shows today.

Excerpts from the article:

"Sony's new show Byah Hamari Bahu Ka, which was launched with much fanfare but is struggling for TRPs. Somehow the audience couldn't connect with the sari-clad, docile bahu. The channel loyalists like their protagonists empowered like Priya, Dr.Nidhi, Mona and Sweety"

The cover story appreciated many top shows and television stars who are currently doing challenging roles. 

The last paragraph of this page has a statement of BHBK which i posted as except.

Link:

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4udirk41WorkerBhinzRach.

shalurulez Senior Member
shalurulez
shalurulez

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Tfs dear...but what rubbish Shocked dis so called "saree clad bahu" took over the family business decision and stuck by it even though all were against it!!!! How can that be considered as a docile bahu?  Ermm
And frankly...this serial is the MOST relatable program i have ever seen on television...Approve not the typical saas bahu, were saas is behind bahu's life for nothing...or husband always misunderstanding the wife, or the super shy bahus who run away even when the husband just comes a little close Sleepy But i seriously hope this new track is NOT what was told to us before...this child better be her sister's child or best frnd or sumting...NOT hers...that would just make this Thumbs Down *fingers crossed*
sorry for bringing up old posts...was in india for a week...just completed the marathon of all d epis today and came here to start all my rantings, ooo aaa's and love struck comments LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jihadulgendupari2386

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 5:24am | IP Logged

Hmm...they thought the audience did not connect with sari-clad docile bahu...and so they changed her character so much that she turned out to be a stubborn, headstrong bahu?   Could they not think of something in between...we don't like doormat bahus...but neither do we like dynamite type of bahus!   Especially when the character changes overnight as it did in BHBK...marriage to Krish seemed to have changed Rajni to the opposite of what she was before marriage!  

I was more put off by the sudden change than the original presentation!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rampPrincessRusnehapatro_Invincible_

unniknairtcr Groupbie
unniknairtcr
unniknairtcr

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 7:17am | IP Logged
this sari clad bahu s her character is so different from her appearance.
neigher priya,dr nidhi,sweety nor mona never interfered in their hus s professional matters.i think,like this so called saribahu did.
she never behaved like a new bahu in her in laws house,so we dont feel any sympathy for her in anyway.
now it  comes with a new story she is a surrogate mother.no wonder seeing her character.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PrincessRu

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
but when was she ever docile?

from the moment that krish and parents took the proposal to her house, she has been strong and opiniated... what the?

ssroomani

shalurulez Senior Member
shalurulez
shalurulez

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Seriously re...the way she was introduced and the difference in her character now is Shocked the sweet rajni soon after the wedding was the BEST character ever...and just coz we loved her that bindaas open nature...they took it to another dimension and made her stubborn and annoying Sleepy am just hoping that she is NOT a surrogate mother...pleaseee JD...dont spoil her character so much also!!! D'oh

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jihadulgenduramp

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fj08

but when was she ever docile?

from the moment that krish and parents took the proposal to her house, she has been strong and opiniated... what the?

Well, Fatima, when she was first introduced, she was shown docile and quiet.   She did look after her father and mother, but otherwise, she never opened her mouth for anything.   

At the wedding of Krish's cousin, she acted like she could not say boo to a goose...she seemed so lost and had to be prodded to do her work!  She dropped the apples and was scolded and never opened her mouth...she was not the Rajni they showed later!
WorkerB Senior Member
WorkerB
WorkerB

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Well, all I can say is the article is wrong in its assessment. I love this show and I love both Krish and Rajni and all the other characters. And I live in the US and watch it daily at 8pm.

fj08

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index