India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

OS- Anji's sangeet!

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged

This OS is dedicated to that someone in the crowd in Mudra's post who wanted to know whose wedding it was...

The show is definitely not going to give you this perspective, Mudra..so I thought I would give it a shot!

Anji's POV

I sit in front of the mirror, giving the last touches to my makeup. Yes, I think it looks perfect. The dress is something I designed myself. After all, who better than me to know the strengths and weaknesses of my own figure! What to accentuate and what to play down!

I had made a few concessions to modesty though! If it was just a case of following my own tastes, I would have probably made the cut and the fit a little more daring. If you have it, you might as well flaunt it! That had been my motto when it came to design for so long! If somebody had told me a few months ago that I would be designing for myself keeping in mind convention and propriety, I would have probably hooted! I, Anji Solanki, caring a damn for conventions defined by society! I would have said that never would such a day dawn. And yet, it had!

Mama comes running into the room. She appears in a tizzy.

"Beta, are you ready? Tere sasural waale aagaye hain..koi Mahabarat shuru hone se pehle main bas chahti hoon ki sangeet ka programme shuru hojaye...tum to apne papa ko jaante ho...aur tere sasur ko bhi..!"

"Chill Mom...kuch nahi hoga...Bauji aur Amma bhi bas yehi chahte hain ki saare functions ab achche se ho!"

" Bauji  aur Amma?"

She looks at me in surprise and I redden just a tad.

"Haan Mom...Bauji chahte hain ki main un donon ko aise hi bulaoon!"

Suddenly, it appears that a load has been shifted off my mother's shoulders. Her face is wreathed in smiles as she kisses my forehead.

"Kush raho beta...mujhe bas yehi chinta kaayi jaarahi ti ki tum un logon ko kaise apnavoge ...aur unke taur tareeke ke saath kaise adjust kar paoge...I am so relieved now...main jaanti ti ki meri beti samajdar hai par itni samajdar..?"

"Aap hi ki beti hoon na!"

We hug each other and I can feel my eyes tearing up. I am not going to be able to do this, whenever I feel like, from tomorrow. I am not going to be living in the same house as her! She, who had taught me how to live life, how to value relationships and how to face adversity! The bestest mom in the world! How would I survive without her! How would I handle life's pressures without her constant, calming presence!

"I am just a phone call away, beta...agar kuch chahiye toh all you have to do is call...and Papa and I will come running to you!"

She had read my mind. She had understood my concerns without my having to say a word. Of course she would, she is my mother after all!

I give her an extra squeeze and nod my head, smiling through my tears.

She turns to leave, asking Priyanka and my other friends to bring me to the hall in the next five minutes.

Just as she is about to step out, she stops as if a thought has struck her suddenly.

"Par Nidhi kahan hai, beta...usko tere saath hi rehne ke liye bola ta maine...kahaan chali gayi woh?"

She looks around.

"Mom, koi baat nahi...usse kuch zaroori kaam se jana pada...she will be back any minute!"

She looks just a bit annoyed.

"Tumhare sangeet se zyada zaroori ta kya...aise kaise ja sakti hai woh?"

"Nahi Mom...it was really an emergency...aap to jaante ho...warna Nidhi mera saath kabhi nahi chodti...!"

A frown still mars her forehead.

"Phir bhi..aise thode karte hain...teri shaadi hain...usi ko to sabko hasana, nachana ta...aur woh khud muh phulake baiti hai kal se...mujhe bilkul accha nahi laga!"

I can see Priyanka looking at me sympathetically.

"Mom, don't say that...aap Nidhi ko nahi jaante ho kya...usse meri khushi se kitni khushi milti hain...bas kal se uski tabiyat thodi karab hai..usko migraine attacks aate hain...aapko pata hai na..?"

She looks concerned now.

"Ohoh...mujhe batana chahiya ta...par ab teekh hai na...koi chinta ki baat toh nahi..?"

"Nahi Mom..she is okay now...bas ek zaroori kaam aagaya...isiliye jaana pada..bas aati hi hogi.."

"Aur jamai babu?"

"Jijaji bhi aajayenge, Mom...mujhe na lagta hai donon milke kuch khichdi paka rahe hain ...warna Nidhi aise mujhe chod ke kabhi nahi jaati!"

My mother is back to her smiling self now.

"Teekh hai, beta...jaldi aajao neeche!"

After she leaves, Priyanka places a hand on my shoulder.

"Anji, tujhe pata hai na...Nidhi aur Dr Ashutosh ke beech kuch problem chal rahi hai...donon ek doosre se teekh se baat bhi nahi kar rahe hain..!"

Jothika adds on,

"But Nidhi should not let that affect your sangeet, yaar...she is your best friend ...this is not fair!"

I cut her off a bit sharply.

"Jothika, that is not true. She has been there for me throughout and will always be there for me...so no big deal...and besides, I have to share her with someone else now...someone who is as important to her if not more important...tum nahi samjhoge...you aren't in a relationship yet...hain na, Priyanka?"

Priyanka nods and we both share a smile of secret understanding.

With this, I join the league of married women, although technically it is to be only from tomorrow.

As I walk down the stairs, a part of my mind wonders how I am defending Nidhi when I have been a little irritated with her myself since yesterday!

Why couldn't she have set aside her differences with Jeejaji just for now? Why couldn't she have let go of her personal angst just for a while and enjoyed herself for my sake? Did she not know that her upset face would never let me be in peace? Did she not know I wanted to share my happiness most of all with her? She knew after all the cost at which my happiness was now being achieved. We had to struggle hard to convince Ranga's parents, pull wool over an innocent girl's eyes , resort to fancy dress and what not? Finally, we had achieved our end! And she is not by my side now, cheering the two of us!

Even as these questions plagued my mind, I had known the answer too.  That was how she was, my Nidhi. When she loved someone, she gave it her all! There were no half measures. When it came to Jeejaji, only I know the depth and the intensity of her love for him. I had seen her shed tears of anguish over Mallika. My feisty Nidhi, who would never put up with nonsense, had borne up to Mallika's crap silently, simply because Jeejaji and their shared love meant more to her than anything else in the world. She could bear to be in pain but could not bear to see him in pain. She would willingly subject herself to pain if it meant giving him joy. Her love for Jeejaji is even scary at times. Ranga has remarked to me on occasion if I could ever love him that way. I don't know the answer to that one! I don't know if I would even be comfortable with this kind of all-consuming love, a love that consumed even your sense of self! I can't help envy Nidhi and Jeejaji though! You only had to see them together to know that such love was rare and blessed were those who found it!

My Nidhi had always wanted to keep everybody happy. That was never going to happen. She was bound to be unfair to some relationship or the other. When she had tried to forget Jeejaji for the sake of her family, she had hurt Jeejaji badly. When their love finally triumphed and she married him , she lost out on her friendship with Rohan. When she put up with Mallika for Jeejaji's sake, she was not fair to her own self. So, somewhere someone was getting hurt always. But, I guess, that is life!

Now, when I need her by my side, she is not here. But I understand. I still have so many others by my side, even if they are not her! Jeejaji, on the other hand, has only her. No wonder than that she has rushed to be with him! I know that is where she has gone. She cannot bear the thought of him in pain and once again her sense of self has been defeated by her love!

I decide that I have to speak to her once before I can get on with the evening.

She picks up the phone after a few rings.

She sounds flushed if that is possible".

Her tone is a dead giveaway and I know that all is more than well!

" Mujhe tujhse baat nahi karni hai...jeejaji ko phone do!"

He comes on the line and assures me that they will be here soon. He even tells me he has a surprise planned for me. This is so unbelievable! My mom is not going to think I lied to her!

I cut the line and pump my fist in the air. My cup of joy is now full to the brim. I will soon be joining my love and my Nidhi was already with hers! What more could I ask for?

We reach the hall and I see Ranga and his parents. They stand up at the sight of me. I am touched by the look of identical pride on all three faces. I walk up to them and Ranga and I take their blessings together. My father-in-law's chest appears to swell with pride. He looks at his relatives as if to say, look at what a traditional bride I have found for my son!  Ranga winks at me and I feel like winking back. But I control myself. This is not just about us, it is about our families too and we could certainly afford to curb our natural, rebellious instincts for a day or two. This was for our parents, the people whom we owed our lives to after all!

"You are looking gorgeous. Like peach ice-cream with nuts and strawberry sauce and all things yummy on top!"

I, Anji Solanki can't stop the blush!

"You aren't looking too bad yourself!"

"How grudging a compliment is that? Don't I look like a cone of vanilla ice-cream to you? The kind that you love to gorge on?"

He tries to slip his arm around my waist, from beneath the dupatta.

I demurely move a step away and give him a coy smile.

"Abhi nahi, ji...shaadi se pehle yeh sab allowed nahi hain!"

He makes a mock face of pain!

"Please, woh Sushila avatar nahi...I want my feisty Anji back!"

I sober up at the mention of Sushila.

"Uska kya hua? I hope she is fine. I feel so bad when I think of how we duped her!"

"You feel bad for her? Imagine my plight if I had to marry her?"

"Good for her that she escaped!"

I put my tongue out at him and his eyes promise retribution at a later time.

Dadi Bua comes up to us just then.

"Anji, meri Nidhi se baat hui...woh log abhi pohonch rahe hain!"

The well meaning old lady bustles off towards the entrance, wanting to personally welcome her damad!

Soon enough, I see the love birds walking towards us.

Their body language screams intimacy. Wonder if they know how transparent they are! My heart feels full, watching them arguing over something, even as their mutual love glows on their faces.

I feel so touched when Jeejaji, only half playfully, warns Ranga to take good care of me or else!

Papa and Mama look very proud as they see me interacting with Ranga's relatives. I knew they still had their reservations. They weren't sure how much I would be able to gel with such traditional, rustic folk! They have forgotten that they have imparted to me values that go beyond urban and rustic. They have taught me to respect relationships and people and this will stand me in good stead in my marriage.

'You don't have to worry, Mom. You've taught me that nothing comes easy, certainly not relationships. You have taught me that I have to work hard at them. This is a path I have chose, Ranga is the man I have chosen to share my life with, so I will work hard at making my marriage a success and also build a great relationship with his family. They are good people at heart, so what if they are different from us!'

I smile to myself when I think that I am actually defending my in-laws now. Is this what being a woman is all about? This ability to adapt, this ability to embrace, this ability to merge! What is wrong with a little giving if it is going to gain you so much more! Ranga and I have two families instead of one now. What a wonderful thing marriage is!

Dadi Bua starts off the celebrations with a heart-warming performance. She dances to 'Meri Banno ki Aayegi Baraat!'

Nidhi is seated by my side, holding my hand. I can't see Jeejaji though! When I look at her questioningly, she shrugs her shoulders!

Where has he gone off to? I hope there was no emergency call!

Ranga looks at me enquiringly.

I smile at him reassuringly. He clutches my hand, taking advantage of the fact that the elders are all busy with the performances. I decide to be a little forward too and rest my head lightly on his shoulder. I know I have surprised him. His body stiffens for a moment before he moves his hand around my waist. We remain in our own world for the next few minutes, before it is broken by something unbelievable.

Jeejaji is on the stage with a mike in hand.

He announces that he is going to perform in our honour.

Ranga beams with pride and I can't control my joy.

Nidhi and Jeejaji proceed to dance to Wah Wah Ramji.

As the performance draws to a close, I can't stop myself. I rush to the stage, past Nidhi and her outstretched arms, throwing myself at Jeejaji. He holds me close to his chest, shushing me as I breakdown. I can't believe what he has done for me, I can't imagine the effort that must have gone into it. That he did this for me makes my heart swell with pride!

He hugs both Nidhi and me to him. Ranga says it is a perfect Kodak moment and joins us in the group hug, signalling to the photographer.

There is more dancing after that.

Chote Sarkar does his version of Dabangg and then Bauji and Amma dance to 'Aie Meri Zohrajabeen'!

I am so content! Just when I think the evening can't get better, Jeejaji decides to serenade Nidhi

He says that he knows Nidhi's smile is the best gift he could give me. How right is he!

As I watch Nidhi blushing and trying to match step with Jeejaji, finally nestling in his arms, I feel like my heart would explode from this happiness! This is all that my Nidhi wants, to be trapped in the embrace of his arms for all her life. Please God, give my Nidhi this! It is my wedding tomorrow and this is the gift I want from you! Make my Nidhi and my Jeejaji stay in love this way, forever and ever to come!

Finally, it is time for the bridal couple to dance. Normally, I am the first one to jump at an opportunity to dance. But today, I am feeling strangely reluctant. I look at Bauji, wondering what he would think! He looks at me and nods approvingly.

'Bole Chudiyan' starts playing. Jeejaji once again draws Nidhi to him and Ranga pulls me to the floor. We start moving to the music and soon the rest of the family joins too!

I, Anji Solanki, am the happiest and proudest bride-to- be on the planet today!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 22 July 2012 at 5:29am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

drssamit1944medhahps12548PooliciousArmu4evaSSA777ssss97arunsunita_gmjayasree.raoVeenaperniniborn2ruleLibrarabzonedgemudraswathiSuvika.

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Wow beautiful OS ...u hv so wonderfully n so logically woven all th 'is' n 'buts' n given a wonderful take to th whole Sangeet epi n its aftermath..Thumbs Up

Three cheers ClapClapClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.rao

SSA777 Goldie
SSA777
SSA777

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Great OS - loved the way you showed Anji's perspective on Nidhi's behaviour.  Clap 

Edited by SSA777 - 22 July 2012 at 1:47am

Sujatha.rao

rabzonedge IF-Sizzlerz
rabzonedge
rabzonedge

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Sujhatha wat an awesome OS..Bow down..you have captured Anji's mind and put in front of us..it was like sitting inside Anji's mind and visualizing everything...Great..superb...

Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Wow beautiful OS ...u hv so wonderfully n so logically woven all th 'is' n 'buts' n given a wonderful take to th whole Sangeet epi n its aftermath..Thumbs Up

Three cheers ClapClapClap

Thanks Tanu...kal ghayab ti kya...I had written another pre and post Sangeet piece from Ashutosh and Nidhi's povs...was wondering why you hadn't read it?
Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SSA777

Great OS - loved the way you showed Anji's prospective on Nidhi's behaviour.  Clap 

Thank you SSA777...feels kind of weird to call you that...is there a name or nickname that you wouldn't mind us using?

SSA777

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rabzonedge

Sujhatha wat an awesome OS..Bow down..you have captured Anji's mind and put in front of us..it was like sitting inside Anji's mind and visualizing everything...Great..superb...

Thank you Divya..supplementary characters often get sidelined on shows...but surely, they must have a perspective too!

rabzonedge

SSA777 Goldie
SSA777
SSA777

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Originally posted by SSA777

Great OS - loved the way you showed Anji's prospective on Nidhi's behaviour.  Clap 

Thank you SSA777...feels kind of weird to call you that...is there a name or nickname that you wouldn't mind us using?

My name is Sha.  Smile

Sujatha.rao

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index