Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Starplus: Viewer FEEDBACK is BASHING?????? (Page 6)

KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Baki

If you can't use a decent language when you wright to people and bashing the director and the actors to the core, then I dont know what to call it other than bashing. What's the need of sending those mails.? You guys are unbelivable. You don't want Arhi MU, and now there is not, and you want the redemption track, and now when that is to happen people aren't happy. Then what do you want? Cute, romantic love story 20 minutes everyday without the story moves forward? Cv is sticking to their plans since the show's beginning. It's their story. Not ours.

Excuse me?  "You guys are unbelivable?"  Was that directed towards me?

FOR THE RECORD, by no means am I saying that abusive language is acceptable.  I am saying that negative feedback is easily construed as bashing. Negative feedback and bashing unfortunately tend to go hand in hand and there is a very thin line between the same.

Abusive language such as "W*F" or "I HATE YOU" and such language is bashing no doubt!  But if someone is voicing their dissatisfaction about something why is that dismissed as "bashing"? 

It's their story yes, but the viewers are the one buying their story.  They can't sell a product if the consumers don't want to buy it.

From the way you have written your post, I can consider that as "bashing" as well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

missnida222Mahi122

KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi122

I think there is fear that if the channel received too much negative feedbck they may view continuing IPK with some skepticism or interfere in the story line, I definitely want the show to be continued, but want the track changed, and not bashing anyone, but I want to see same amount of Anjali and Manorama mami, coz both are important side characters, one not more important than the other...

Channels actually lap up feedback of any kind - good or bad!  Because their viewers are engaged in their product.  I used to watch a serial called Kasam Se sometime back and I had a friend who worked with Zee - they used to get ALOT of mails (MOST if not all at one point (the track where the sister (Pia) was after her brother-in-law)  was very critical of the show) and he used to say that yes it can get irritating when the negativity is so overwhelming but if they didn't know the unhappiness existed they wouldn't know how and where to correct their error.  After all, they are in the business of garnering TRPs.

Edited by KhushiIrani - 22 July 2012 at 8:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
missnida222 Senior Member
missnida222
missnida222

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhushiIrani

Originally posted by Baki

If you can't use a decent language when you wright to people and bashing the director and the actors to the core, then I dont know what to call it other than bashing. What's the need of sending those mails.? You guys are unbelivable. You don't want Arhi MU, and now there is not, and you want the redemption track, and now when that is to happen people aren't happy. Then what do you want? Cute, romantic love story 20 minutes everyday without the story moves forward? Cv is sticking to their plans since the show's beginning. It's their story. Not ours.

Excuse me?  "You guys are unbelivable?"  Was that directed towards me?

FOR THE RECORD, by no means am I saying that abusive language is acceptable.  I am saying that negative feedback is easily construed as bashing. Negative feedback and bashing unfortunately tend to go hand in hand and there is a very thin line between the same.

Abusive language such as "W*F" or "I HATE YOU" and such language is bashing no doubt!  But if someone is voicing their dissatisfaction about something why is that dismissed as "bashing"? 

It's their story yes, but the viewers are the one buying their story.  They can't sell a product if the consumers don't want to buy it.

From the way you have written your post, I can consider that as "bashing" as well.
 we never want 20 min cute romantic love story but also we cant tolerate didi ki sout crap.

Mahi122

innocentgreen Goldie
innocentgreen
innocentgreen

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chaitra2011

Very True! People should give their feedback.. It only benefits the show... But refrain from using abusive language in their posts or whilst stating their opinions. Embarrassed
 i wanted to know if giving feedback is making request to starplus to shut down this crappy show called ipkknd. coz i saw post like this on their website by so called greatfan of ipkknd. 
KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by KhushiIrani

I think there is fear that if the channel received too much negative feedbck they may view continuing IPK with some skepticism or interfere in the story line, I definitely want the show to be continued, but want the track changed, and not bashing anyone, but I want to see same amount of Anjali and Manorama mami, coz both are important side characters, one not more important than the other...

Channels actually lap up feedback of any kind - good or bad!  Because their viewers are engaged in their product.  I used to watch a serial called Kasam Se sometime back and I had a friend who worked with Zee - they used to get ALOT of mails (MOST if not all at one point (the track where the sister (Pia) was after her brother-in-law)  was very critical of the show) and he used to say that yes it can get irritating when the negativity is so overwhelming but if they didn't know the unhappiness existed they wouldn't know how and where to correct their error.  After all, they are in the business of garnering TRPs.

Well i really hope the error gets corrected.  I have had people on this forum, once someone who said he is one of the writers of IPK, bash me badly on India Forum - I reported and the post was deleted. What about bashing your fans indiscriminately, even the ones who did not send  abusive mails, is that justified ?

I think what you're trying to say Mahi is that respect is a two way street.  Respect from both the makers and the fans.  It shouldn't be a "it's our baby so we know what to do leave us alone" type of attitude and fans obvioulsy should be allowed to voice their dissatisfaction without it being considered as bashing.

What Mr. Hedge said on Twitter could be considered as him "bashing" the fans with his "take it or leave it" attitude.  In fact, I suspect this is one of the reason why some handful of fans have lashed out using abusive language (I'm not saying it's okay, I'm saying I suspect it to be a root cause in the so called personal attacks).

Mahi122

KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by al-akhdar

Originally posted by chaitra2011

Very True! People should give their feedback.. It only benefits the show... But refrain from using abusive language in their posts or whilst stating their opinions. Embarrassed
 i wanted to know if giving feedback is making request to starplus to shut down this crappy show called ipkknd. coz i saw post like this on their website by so called greatfan of ipkknd. 

Even before all this didi ki saut track, I have seen such requests. I suspect such "feedback" are not from IPKKND fans/viewers but from rival fans.

We tend to forget that others are just as passionate about their shows and so they would also sabotage their rivals by posting such abusive messages in the guise of being a "fan" of this show.
Emerald- Goldie
Emerald-
Emerald-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Well it depends on what they write to Star Plus. Personally I don't like the word "bashing" ...

Edited by zeeba* - 22 July 2012 at 8:38pm

Go to top