Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Starplus: Viewer FEEDBACK is BASHING?????? (Page 5)

VasantiLad IF-Dazzler
VasantiLad
VasantiLad

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

Viewer feedback isn't bashing but sometimes really acerbic comments are posted in the guise of "constructive criticism"...I've seen a few of these comments and sometimes they are really vitriolic...You can always say if you like a track or not..but personally attacking an actor or saying some really mean stuff about the character is definitely considered bashing...
I
I agree with you as recently I think that a lot of people have criticised Daljeet - which was completely unfounded & biast - she brings a lot to the show & always has done - criticism should be general & not personal

KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AyeReKhushi

Thank you for this post.

Its ridiculous how people can't differentiate between "hate mail" and constructive criticism. I doubt anyone is emailing Star Plus to tell them to cancel IPK. No. They are letting them know we don't like the current track...it will only HELP the show in the future so they know what we as an audience wants to see. If we don't give them feedback, how will they know what they are doing wrong? Great post girl.

These channels rightly ask for viewers feedback and hopefully it will be taken as that - "viewer feedback" - and not be dismissed as "bashing"

People use this word "bashing" very lightly and frequently.  Yes people are passionate in expressing their views and opinions and people very clearly feel very strongly about this show and many times I see people's dissatisfaction being termed or dismissed as "bashing" or "oh they are bashers" or "oh they are hating."  I mean if someone has something to say they should be able to say it and not be expected to sugar coat anything. When viewers are happy they are full of praises and likewise when viewers are unhappy they should be able to voice their dissatisfaction without being labled "basher." 
KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VasantiLad

Viewer feedback isn't bashing but sometimes really acerbic comments are posted in the guise of "constructive criticism"...I've seen a few of these comments and sometimes they are really vitriolic...You can always say if you like a track or not..but personally attacking an actor or saying some really mean stuff about the character is definitely considered bashing...
I
I agree with you as recently I think that a lot of people have criticised Daljeet - which was completely unfounded & biast - she brings a lot to the show & always has done - criticism should be general & not personal

As an actor these people become public figures and unfortunately as a public figure BOTH praise and criticism is an occupational hazard.  Just as they accept praises, they should be able to accept criticism.  By no means am I endorsing abusive language etc. but if someone is not happy with a public figure, they should be able to voice that unhappiness/criticism.
bahi. IF-Sizzlerz
bahi.
bahi.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
If you can't use a decent language when you wright to people and bashing the director and the actors to the core, then I dont know what to call it other than bashing. What's the need of sending those mails.? You guys are unbelivable. You don't want Arhi MU, and now there is not, and you want the redemption track, and now when that is to happen people aren't happy. Then what do you want? Cute, romantic love story 20 minutes everyday without the story moves forward? Cv is sticking to their plans since the show's beginning. It's their story. Not ours.

Edited by Baki - 22 July 2012 at 7:45pm
westindian IF-Sizzlerz
westindian
westindian

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged

ClapI could not have said it better.
KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shastradhari

nothing wrong in sending feedback..whether its negative or positive..they have to deal with it ...star plus themselves asking for and providing email address and phone number..

I too don't think there is anything wrong with sending feedback - it's just that negative feedback tends to be viewed as 'bashing' or ' hate mail.'  So what if the channel is being bombarded with negative feedback?  That's an indication that people are very passionate about this show and care enough to take time out of their day (okay, we're a crazy bunch as we take ALOT of time out of our day to visit this forum and discuss the show LOL) to voice their unhappiness. 
KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JUHI.HI

well said!!!Thumbs Up...bt there r few fans too who instead of givin a proper feedback...abuse d officials... this must be stopped by d fans!!!!Smile

Some of them deserve the abuse LOL  (okay okay that was a joke!)

I agree that abuse (vile, harmful and offensive language) is not warranted and people should be careful not to abuse anyone; BUT  I think everyone has their own expectations and standards of what "verbal abuse" is and so it's difficult to clearly say "okay, this is abuse so you should stop saying this or that"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top