Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Starplus: Viewer FEEDBACK is BASHING?????? (Page 3)

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fan_no_1

Feedback option on the website is meant for that - telling the channel what you like and what you dont. Asking them to improve or correct their flaws.

You surely want your favourite show to be back on track like it was - so you criticize and you send your feedback.
That post you mentioned - she said they were getting 'hate mails' 'abuses' and requests to 'Shut Down' the show.

Now no matter how offtrack IPKKND is right now, would you want it to Shut Down? No. right?
Suggesting the problems and ways to solve it is acceptable, but sending mails for the show to be closed altogether is not a really wise thing, is it?

So, let us see -- there are about 2-3 million households in India that watch this show and a lot of them are pissed.  There are probably about a half a million households abroad that watch the show who are also pissed.

Say about 1% of this number are pissed enough to write.  This forum has bout may be 5000 people at the most.  1% of 3.5m is about 35,000 people that will write.  So, why are we discussing what more than 30,000 people who dont even know that this forum even exists are doing?  Even if 1000 people from the forum write there, they are not even a significant number compared to the 30,000 other people that are writing.

So, trying to set moral standards based on what you think is right is not necessarily practical.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

OmNaMaSteOm

KhushiIrani Goldie
KhushiIrani
KhushiIrani

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maverick29

I agree with the post

I think the weirdest crap here shows that there is a lot of "moral police syndrome" -- why is it everyone's biz if some people are sending emails to Star Plus -- it is their right to frame it whichever way they want to.

If the Channel has a problem, let them talk to their viewers -- if those guys can make millions because these people are watching they will have to put up with yelling when it comes their way.

This BS about all these people trying to impose their standards on others is JUST NUTS.

I like how your phrased this "moral police syndrome"

I don't endorse "hate mails" (i.e. abuse) but I do endorse FREEDOM OF SPEECH!  I suspect because of the passion in some feedback, it is taken as "hate mail" but in reality it as you said, we all have freedom of speech and how we frame our feedback is subjective.

I agree, we should not impose our standards on others!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122Maverick29OmNaMaSteOm

coolmausam Goldie
coolmausam
coolmausam

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged

May be they are talking about hate mails and DisSatisfied Fans Feedback ,

Star Plus Principles and Standards are so Polite and never hurting to anyone untill they are wrong in some way

OmNaMaSteOm

Maverick29 Goldie
Maverick29
Maverick29

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by coolmausam

May be they are talking about hate mails and DisSatisfied Fans Feedback ,

Star Plus Principles and Standards are so Polite and never hurting to anyone untill they are wrong in some way

LOL!  Good one -- they stay polite till they screw up and people yell at them.

OmNaMaSteOm

JUHI.HI IF-Rockerz
JUHI.HI
JUHI.HI

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:06am | IP Logged
well said!!!Thumbs Up...bt there r few fans too who instead of givin a proper feedback...abuse d officials... this must be stopped by d fans!!!!Smile
..mrinalini.. IF-Rockerz
..mrinalini..
..mrinalini..

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhushiIrani

Originally posted by sampin

Viewer feedback isn't bashing but sometimes really acerbic comments are posted in the guise of "constructive criticism"...I've seen a few of these comments and sometimes they are really vitriolic...You can always say if you like a track or not..but personally attacking an actor or saying some really mean stuff about the character is definitely considered bashing...

I agree that abuse in any form is unacceptable.  However, see, I'm probably going to get bashed for saying this but as actors (anyone for that matter who is in the media) these are public figures and therefore it is an occupational hazard for them to be face criticism.  Some take it in stride while others do not and for those that do not take in stride, it is important for them to know that it is indeed an occupational hazard.

What is that saying ?  If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I agree there..I remember Abhaas never retaliated..He took it in right spirits..But it was absolutely funny on part of a certain DB to come forward with that justification..Let the story speak for them..Why justify each and every move??!!

OmNaMaSteOm

-Mistletoe- Goldie
-Mistletoe-
-Mistletoe-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhushiIrani

Feedback option on the website is meant for that - telling the channel what you like and what you dont. Asking them to improve or correct their flaws.

You surely want your favourite show to be back on track like it was - so you criticize and you send your feedback.
That post you mentioned - she said they were getting 'hate mails' 'abuses' and requests to 'Shut Down' the show.

Now no matter how offtrack IPKKND is right now, would you want it to Shut Down? No. right?
Suggesting the problems and ways to solve it is acceptable, but sending mails for the show to be closed altogether is not a really wise thing, is it?

I read a message on Starplus feedback page which said "if you people are going the didi ki saut way, you might as well end the show because it will no longer be iss pyaar ko kya naam doon which is what I was sold"

This can be construed as a "request to shut the show down" na?  BUT, it isn't!  If one read the message clearly and with a sense of objectivity, the person isn't saying to end the show, the person is saying that if they proceed with didi ki saut, it will no longer be the love story we all fell in love with and got addicted too.

P.S.  No, I didn't post that comment LOL in case anyone is wondering why I'm justifying it.  It's just my interpretation of the comment.

Definitely. I agree with your POV completely. Smile And I know that was not your comment. LOL

Now the hate mails I meant were the ones that said something like - (directly quoted)
"What a crap show this is! Star Plus dont waste your precious time slot! Close it down already!"
"IPKKND has turned nonsense and bakwaas and irritating. no trps too. shut this show!"

and many mails with abuses which I wont really like mentioning.
This is the part that is not acceptable.  Rest all okay.  Smile I mean there is a way to vent out your  frustration naa?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..mrinalini..OmNaMaSteOm

-Mistletoe- Goldie
-Mistletoe-
-Mistletoe-

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maverick29

So, let us see -- there are about 2-3 million households in India that watch this show and a lot of them are pissed.  There are probably about a half a million households abroad that watch the show who are also pissed.

Say about 1% of this number are pissed enough to write.  This forum has bout may be 5000 people at the most.  1% of 3.5m is about 35,000 people that will write.  So, why are we discussing what more than 30,000 people who dont even know that this forum even exists are doing?  Even if 1000 people from the forum write there, they are not even a significant number compared to the 30,000 other people that are writing.

So, trying to set moral standards based on what you think is right is not necessarily practical.

We are discussing what 1% of IPK watching population thinks and writes because everything matters for the show.
It all matters because in the end this is Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon we're talking about. A show which has been close to our hearts for the past year.
It all matters because every single comment a viewer makes - makes a difference to the show's image.
It all matters because the language used, the words used in the 'feedback' people write - demeans the show. And its fan base.

Leave alone 30000 - even if a single person writes abusive, unacceptable stuff about the show - it somewhere pinches. Because all that makes a difference. Star Plus is reading everything there.
I fully support the feedback system. You have to tell the channel whats right and whats wrong in what they show. But, it spreads negativity when limits are crossed.

Edited by fan_no_1 - 22 July 2012 at 1:40am

OmNaMaSteOm

Go to top