What has Rekha done to be in the RS: Raveena

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
As Rekha is named on the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution, Raveena Tandon wonders how the actress is in the Rajya Sabha itself. The mast, mast girl shares her views on this and lots more...

There is a sense of candour in Raveena Tandon, which is a rare quality in Bollywood. As the actress is back to focusing on her filmi career, she gives her frank opinions on various subjects. "A reason," Raveena says, "I cannot ever be in politics! I will say the most politically incorrect things, speak my mind and will not agree to toe somebody else's line!

A recipe for disaster if I enter politics!" Tell her that Aamir Khan has got the nation's and politicians' attention with his TV show, and she says, "Oh! He's too good! In fact, he should have been given the Rajya Sabha nomination. Can someone tell me what Rekha has done to be in the RS? She's been living the life of a recluse in her home with no contribution to public life at all. I don't think her nomination is justified at all. Jayaji, Javed saab, Shabanaji... they all have been active in their public life, but Rekha? Please! As an actress, I adore her and she looks amazing on screen, but an RS nomination is a different thing altogether."

'B-town heroes botoxed too!' The actress, who is also set to star in a thriller Shobana 7 Nights, says, "I am choosing my projects with caution. They have to suit my age. I am not demented to think I can carry off what a Kareena or Priyanka can do. So, while I will be looking to play a lead, the script should do justice to my age." But, the age factor doesn't seem to worry the heroes - who she was once paired with? She says, "As long as the pairing looks good, it's okay! But, if it's like the song where Sanjay Dutt and Anil Kapoor are dancing with Amrita Rao in Shortkut, gosh it looked stupid. I, in fact, even told Sanju that 'please, she looks like your daughter!'" While on the topic of age, ask her about arresting age with cosmetic surgeries, and she says, "Right now, I don't need it, but when I do, I am sure I'll do it. Why shy away from something that makes you look nice? But, I'll never go overboard for sure - like Rekha - it's a scientific wonder to look like her at her age!" That's candid, you tell her. She laughs and says, "Why do you guys only talk about botoxed heroines? Many of our 30-plus heroes have got botox and hair transplant done and that's how they are looking younger by the day!"

'My 'Dabangg' baby-sitter' While Raveena speaks about her co-stars, mention her first co-star Salman Khan and she cannot stop raving about him. "Salman's one star who looks just as amazing as he did when I starred with him in my first film. We've been friends for long and cannot stop chatting whenever we meet. Just recently, we were all partying at a friend's place and we both were dancing to all hit songs for what seemed like eternity! My kids are crazy about him and once insisted that they wanted to meet him in person. He was shooting in Pune and I had some work there, so I took my kids on the sets. Can you believe it? He baby sat my kids the entire day! I don't know how he kept them entertained, and I must say my Dabangg baby-sitter's just amazing!"
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/What-has-Rekha-done-to-be-in-the-RS-Raveena/articleshow/15076562.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Woah! So Raveena still holds that grudge about sharing the same man at the same time against Rekha, eh? 😆

Nah...but she is right though...why is Rekha in the parliament other than for the glam factor ala Sarah Palin?? 😆
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It sounds as if Raveena digging old bones but what ever she said makes sense , Rekha in RS for wat exactly ? 
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I love this interview..😆

news was that Raveena literally dragged Akshay out of Rekha's house when she caught them red handed..
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shabash Akshay! Aap ke karname Rajya Sabha tak pohoch gaye. 👏 Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago
jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Why pick on Rekha? Half the pot- bellied scamsters in Lok Sabha don't deserve to be there either!
Shayu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good interview of Raveena..
I love her...after reading interview of her my love on her increased!!
👏👏
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I agree with her...what exactly is Rekha doing there?! I get that all these actors/actresses are influential, but it doesn't mean they make for good decision makers or leaders. Just sayin', Raveena does have a point.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Omg! I loved the story about Salman!!
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^^I thought about you when I read that. 😆