Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

The Truth about Rajesh Khanna, seedi, saanf story (Page 6)

-Robin- IF-Stunnerz
-Robin-
-Robin-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged
OMG 75 sucides
Girls were mad for RK at that time and dog things is very funny Poor Dimple

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

He would indeed make a fascinating character study on film. And I recommend Rajeev Khandelwal for the role. He can act but he isn't a big star so that his stardom would threaten to overshadow the role and film (like it would with the Khans, Hrithik, etc). Plus he even has an uncanny resemblance to the young Rajesh Khanna.

The only problem is that I don't think RK's family would allow such film to happen or even if they did, I doubt they would let it be too faithful to the story of his life.

Kal,

Rajeev does look quite similar to Rajesh Khanna in his younger days! Wow...now that you mentioned it, actually the resemblance is quite close!

Rajesh Khanna's meteoric rise and sudden fall (both professionally and personally) is just the stuff that make a great story!

Somehow, I have a feeling that a film on his lifestory would be made pretty soon...there is a wave of RK nostaglia hitting the industry and the people in bollywood are always ready to cash on anything worthwhile!

Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Yeah I've heard stories like these from my mom long ago. The craze RK created was unbelievable. And this was before the internet and before television was common place, etc. Even the Khans haven't seen anything like this IMO. I doubt it'll happen again with another actor.

BTW, is it bad that I'm a little disappointed that the suicide count in that article is "only" 75? Geek
poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

If Sharmila didnt like working with RK why wouldnt she refuse? Btw even I was thinking RK would be a good subject for a film...or maybe even a Balaji Telefilms serial with so many women and extra marital affairs thrown in.

Sharmila did the maximum films between 1969 to the mid 70's...the exact time period when Rajesh Khanna was a superstar! Its like an actress (however popular she might be!) in today's time refusing to work with Salman Khan...you know very well, where that would land her?LOL (And just imagine a time, when there was no other star other than just one!)

RK was supposed to be so powerful at that time (the power which he massively misused too) that he used to select everything from the music to the location of the shooting...there was no question of any heroine, even one as popular and talented like Sharmila refusing to work with him during that time! When Rajesh Khanna's success run was going on, there was virtually no other competion...there wasn't a single male competitor who stood a chance against him! How could Sharmila refuse to work with the only hero in bollywood?

Actually, RK did not have that many flings...I mean, nothing compared to what Amitabh did later on! RK was more notorious for his ego and other professional tantrums...the only actress he was linked with was Mumtaz, something which they both have denied. I think she was in love with him and wanted to marry, but he was too traditional minded to marry someone out of his religon. (She does sound quite besotted by RK in her interviews!) Considering how huge a star he was, the number of women in his life were actually pretty few in comparison! (Anju, Dimple, Devyani and Tina and if this Anita Advani woman is saying the truth, lets add her too!)

Rajesh Khanna sounds far more intriguing and interesting as a person than say Amitabh, who is just too diplomatic and hypocratic. RK literally lived his life on the edge and the very fact that he did not know how to handle his success (and later his failure) makes him a far more tragic / fallen hero type figure than any other actor!

Edited by poppy2009 - 23 July 2012 at 2:54am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Raima36zerroMommytobeArwen.TheRager

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
You have completely glossed over how Rajesh Khanna treated Anju Mahendroo just before and after he left her! Try researching that before painting him out to be a saint...he was anything but! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen.

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:01am | IP Logged

I had no idea that Akshay produced movies too!Confused And that he took Dimple as a star in it? Yeh, kaunsi movie hai, bhai?

Coming to Akki, he shared a great rapport with RK! He was the one who paid up all of Rajesh Khanna's tax dues and cleared his massive debts! He also got his bunglow Ashirwad repainted and done up, because RK couldn't afford to maintain it anymore.

Whatever, Akshay's reasons might be for helping his father-in-law, from what I can see, he was pretty decent towards RK and it was only due to his efforts, that the entire family reconciled and Rajesh Khanna could be with his family in his last moments.

Alternatively, there have been some articles that Dimple and her daughters reconciled with Rajesh only after knowing that he has a short time to live, so that his property doesnt' get away from their hands! Don't know, what to believe and what not to believe!

PS: I personally thought that Dimple (and Anju) looked genuinly grieved at the funeral and Chautha pics of Rajesh Khanna...and so did Akshay.

Edited by poppy2009 - 23 July 2012 at 3:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zerroTheRager

-Robin- IF-Stunnerz
-Robin-
-Robin-

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Yup akshay is producing movies

2012 : Joker
2012 : Khiladi 786
2012 : Oh My God
2011 : Speedy Singhs
2010 : Khatta Meetha
Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:19am | IP Logged
Akshay has only started producing for the last 3-4 years and I think the only movie where Dimple had a role was Patiala House IIRC. In what way was that a comeback for her? Ermm

Go to top